• Ash

51 20.48%
  • Red

198 79.52%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Ash vs. Game!Red

Default Re: Ash vs. Red

Red, in both the games and manga. Red actually know what he is doing, unlike Ash, who still doesn't seem to understand type effectiveness.
    I've claimed Dugtrio!

Registered User FrankTheTank000's Avatar

I pick Red. and I totally agree with Florizarre. I would've quoted him but my mom installed frickin netnanny which blocks everything. and yes that included quoting him for some reason

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Red: Beat the Elite Four multiple times, to the point where he got bored with that and decided to stand on top of Mt. Silver and wait for anyone stupid enough to challenge him.
    Ash: Lost every league he entered, although the legitimacy of the most recent loss is suspect. Still, though, it's not rocket science, is it?

N.k

Quote Originally Posted by Reyairia View Post
    Red.
    Ash was a crap character from a shitty cartoon which only rapes pokemon game canon and panders to what they assume are retarded elementary school kids.

I'm honestly shocked that pokemon game fans can watch the anime and not hate it for doing that, not to mention don't lose their brain cells from it... unless you're like... 10.
    This... Just this.

I hate the Pokemon anime WITH A PASSION, probably cause it was the most bastardized Video Game based TV series, the other being Captain N for me...

So yeah, I'm going to get hate by everyone's childhood probably, but I vote for Red. Cause he's not dumb and his Pikachu doesn't lose to an Eevee meanwhile godmod everyone else.

Add CliveKoopa on Facebook
    Visit CliveKoopa's Youtube Channel

In battle, Red would win. But as an anime fan, I prefer Ash as a character.

I...I...
    I rarely swear, but holy fuck, guys.

This thread is absolutely plastered with "RED > ASH LOLOLOLOL."
    If you're talking about Pokespe!Red, it's okay. He's badass. If we're talking about game Red...

I'm really annoyed, honestly.

I hate Red. I hate him, I hate his popularity, I hate his stature, and I hate his goddamn hat.

Red is boring.
    He bombards you with more ellipsis than Pokémon Emerald while he stands on a mountain.

And you know what he did?

He gave up.

Red fucking gave up. He thought, "Oh, I'm the champion now! I'm going to stand on a mountain for three years until some girl with an awesome hat/a guy with a hoodie beats me!"

Ash never gave up. He keeps going and going, catching Pokémon, making new friends, and placing high in tournaments. Red has only won one League, canonically and he thinks he's all that. Also, Ash has technically won one League and one Battle Frontier, a much higher achievement than this! Also also, Ash was even offered a position as a Frontier Brain!

He's not even the Champion anymore! Lance is. He's not the strongest Trainer anymore, even! Remember Pearl, your rival from DPPt? Yeah, his Pokemon can go up to LVL 80-85 too if you beat the Elite Four enough times.

So, yes, I prefer Ash.

TL;DR: facepalm.jpg and Red sucks.
    yeah.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeX View Post
    Ash never gave up. He keeps going and going, catching Pokémon, making new friends, and placing high in tournaments. Red has only won one League, canonically and he thinks he's all that. Also, Ash has technically won one League and one Battle Frontier, a much higher achievement than this! Also also, Ash was even offered a position as a Frontier Brain!
    Filler Leagues don't count.

Blog Entries

TL;DR: facepalm.jpg and Red sucks.
    This. Not just this quote, but the whole post.

lol Red. Ash might not be a character I think too much about, but he's gotten better, and he has plenty of funny moments. He also has become more experienced despite those annoying accidents, and has assembled a good Pokémon collection. And let's not forget the one thing that puts him miles above Red. He's got a personality.

Even crap characters beat a blank slate any day. Ash is just fine as he is, and he can be enjoyable. Red... is just there. And his HGSS Team sucks horribly. lol Blizzard Snorlax (Not to mention Shadow Ball instead of Crunch. Most skilled Trainer my ass) and lol 3x weakness to Electric.

So yeah. Ash any day.
    lol I got bored.

A pokemon champion or Ash?
    I'm going for Red, but if Ash uses his best team, he could have a chance

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

It's never said Red gave up. anywhere. People just assumed being champion meant standing in a room getting your ass kicked by the same kid 5 billion times. Apparently, it means you've won, here's your trophy, move on with your life.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arc Blader View Post
    Why not? They're canon. That's like saying sidequests in the games don't count, e.g. Sevii Islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    It's never said Red gave up. anywhere. People just assumed being champion meant standing in a room getting your ass kicked by the same kid 5 billion times. Apparently, it means you've won, here's your trophy, move on with your life.
    Well, "gave up" might have been a poor choice of words on my part.
    What I mean by "gave up" is that Red isn't trying to further himself anymore. He's just training, apparently, and he's not, canonically, going through any more regions or trying to beat any other Leagues. He's only beaten the Kanto League, and then he just stopped and went to live on a mountain for whatever reason.
    Ash keeps trying and growing in character, the former which Red has stopped and the latter which he has never heard of, being the boring blank-slate of an ellipsis-spammer he is.
    yeah.

Ash. Quality over hype, that's what I always say.

Non-perverted Lopunny fan Ground Control's Avatar

Ash has been with me all my childhood, while Red is just my author avatar in my Pokemon Blue game. I think Ash is a lot more interesting and neat than I am.

Pokémon Black

Add CliveKoopa on Facebook
    Visit CliveKoopa's Youtube Channel

Red fucking gave up. He thought, "Oh, I'm the champion now! I'm going to stand on a mountain for three years until some girl with an awesome hat/a guy with a hoodie beats me!"

Yeah. Ash has travelled through several regions and is still travelling. Whether Ash has won more tournaments or not is irrelavant. Pokemon is about love and caring for your pokemon and also training to the best you can be, not about winning battles and leagues.

He's not even the Champion anymore! Lance is. He's not the strongest Trainer anymore, even! Remember Pearl, your rival from DPPt? Yeah, his Pokemon can go up to LVL 80-85 too if you beat the Elite Four enough times.
    I haven't gotten that far yet in Diamond so I can't comment on the Elite Four. But yeah, Red is neither the Champion or even a member of the Elite Four. He doesn't even talk either, no other champion or elite four member remains quiet with just ellipses.

Quote Originally Posted by Arc Blader View Post
    Why not? Filler league or not, Ash still won it.

ed: Beat the Elite Four multiple times, to the point where he got bored with that and decided to stand on top of Mt. Silver and wait for anyone stupid enough to challenge him.
    Ash: Lost every league he entered, although the legitimacy of the most recent loss is suspect. Still, though, it's not rocket science, is it?
    Ash lost, so what.. Pokemon isn't all about winning, you know. Maybe in the game universe where winning is more important than the Pokemon maybe. But in general, Ash is better.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Red, definitely. He's just more awesome.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast