• Red

198 79.52%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Ash vs. Game!Red

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ash vs. Game!Red

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvakat View Post
    (But, then, that could be because Ash isn't as powerful a trainer as Red is, as I've stated before.)
    In terms of strategy, I think Satoshi (specially DP!Satoshi) is far better than Game!Red.
    His DP team is also better than Red's team.

Red's Pokémon are just overleveled... And since there is no level in the anime, it is hard to compare.

It is a shame that BW!Satoshi is a joke compared to DP!Satoshi.

I came to see Red smashingg Ash;
    I got what I were after.

Overally I've grown to like them equally by now,
    but there is still one HUGE difference...Red actually learned something on his travels.

What I mean is something like these moments:
    "- Umm...Ash...Leonoras Watchogg used Mean Look on your Poke, why are you trying still trying to call it back?! C'mon man! You wen't through this way back when you fought against Morty for gods sake!"
    "- Yes Ash...Roark used stone edge against you because it is super effective against flying types..."

I mean...Sometimes I honestly think that he ending up that far in p.leagues was a fluke...

Blog Entries

Visit Kira Akigari's Youtube Channel

One pic:
    Yeah Red rules
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pokemon_red_vs._ash.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

Game!Red. He's way more awesome. And he kind of embodies what a lot of Pokémon fans would love to be. A badass, looked-up-to, Pokémon trainer who everyone respects, right? Also, his battle in G/S/C/HG/SS is one of the most awesome battles in the series.

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

Blog Entries

Ash sucks! Red rules! Go red!

You know a lot people seem to get caught up in the mythical aura of Red, and it's not hard to see why with that epic battle in GSCHGSS, as well as his accomplishments in his original journey. But I mean really, when you look at him as a character, you see that for everything he's accomplished, well... how did it turn out?

Oh yeah. He lives alone as a mute hermit on a mountain where it hails all the time.

Honestly, that's the part of Red's story that I ponder about the most. It's like after he became Champion, the idea that there was no one left to battle led to some kind of midlife crisis. So he went off to live in the harsh environment of Mt. Silver, abandoning his friends, family, and former life for years to train his Pokemon obsessively in the hopes of finding a purpose.

It's really kind of depressing if you think about it.

And then there's the fact that he's a Mary Sue. I mean yeah, all of the player characters are Sues, and it's not such a big deal in a video game where you get to play the Sue as your own form of wish fulfillment. But if I'm not playing as him, why would I care about the story of a kid who after he got his first Pokemon proceeded to beat down everyone in sight?

When people write fanfics like that the general consensus is that they suck. That's because we're not the Sue, so we're not getting any wish fulfillment, and can see the forest instead of the trees. (That they are living perfection and therefore we're unable to relate.)

So yeah, Game!Red has some psychological issues, and the sad fact is that that is the first flaw he ever had.

On the other hand, Ash has lots of flaws, as many in this fandom would be quick to point out. And honestly, when it comes to his training it's for the better or the worse as to how they play out. In some ways it provided somewhat more realism in how long it takes and hard it is to reach the top, in others they screwed up his progression making him seem practically static, which where the idiot and clueless comments come from.

Personally I thought they were doing fairly decently until Best Wishes. But of course that's where they forgot that time has to pass, and some character development has to be made for things to continue to remain believable. A non existent time line in the show does not work, but that's another debate for another time.

In the end though, despite everything, Ash just entertains me more. *shot*
    PockyAddict likes this.

Red, as the animators just do not make a winner Ash Ketchum

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Red because nobody dares messes with him.

Look how Ash is easily messed up in the anime...especially that last league arc.

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While I want to even out the votes, I prefer characters who are more mature, so I pick Red.

Follow Fandango on Tumblr

I only know Red from the games, and his utter silence seems to be a thing of his considering a battle in Crystal resulted in him staying quiet all the time. Made him look like a meanie. So, I'm gonna hafta go with Ash.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Default Re: Ash vs. Red

I'm going with Red just because Ash is an idiot.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Follow Fandango on Tumblr

I'd like to make a follow-up to my post up there.

I've been reading up on Pokémon Adventures, and it's easy to see how Red is such a beloved character. In the OS, Ash serves as a character to introduce kids to the world of Pokémon, so that's why he knows jack squat about Pokémon. Even though he seems to be a fanatic. Red on the other hand, is ready for action all the way. However, whilst Red is a fantastically fun character in the Manga, he's pretty much a non-existent character in the game. His Pokémon fight in a turn-based battle system, and can only know four moves at a time. Diamond and Pearl Ash would wipe the floor with Red, because this Ash is, though a kid, a real genius in the end. In Black and White, Ash needs to look up Koffing on his Pokédex. Ash calls Rattata "Rah-Tah-Tah". Ash doesn't use dancing in his battles, like he learned in Johto. Or Contest strategies from Sinnoh. He's forgotten how to battle, forgotten everything he knew about Pokémon and generally makes Red look like he is indeed god's gift to mankind.

So, here's my ranking:

1) Indigo League - D&P Ash
    2) Game Red
    3) Black and White Ash

I like how in BW Ash pretty much forgets everything and starts over each region. It doesn't really make sense which is why the whole "Ash in a coma" stuff comes up. Red easily is the better pokemon trainer.

I like Indigo League Ash/Satoshi the most but I'd say Gen I Red beats him.

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OS Ash vs Game Red: OS Ash
    AG Ash vs Game Red: AG Ash
    DP/BW Ash vs Game Red: Game Red.

So it's OS > AG > G. Red > DP/BW to me.

As for who would win, Ash at his best.

I can see why people like Red more, though: Because he's not being abused like Ash is now :(

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast