• Ash

51 20.48%
  • Red

198 79.52%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Ash vs. Game!Red

Default Re: Ash vs. Red

Even though Red is overrated by particularly rabid fan boys/girls too much, so is Ash to be perfectly honest. And Red automatically wins by not being Ash.

Besides, he's still got the highest level team in-game, and although it isn't the best team that's because his team was based off the plots of the games and so had to have things like Pikachu (because it's a mascot), the three starters with the elemental hyper beams, and somewhat plot-related Snorlax/Lapras. He's also the league champion (Lance being the champion at the league doesn't mean anything, it's like becoming the champion and yet the previous champion is still there for a rematch).

He has his own backstory, and he's deliberately not given much characterization for the player's benefit in RBY and FRLG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    I dislike Red because if he exists, Leaf doesn't. :(
    Part of why I like him so much 8D

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Default Re: Ash vs. Game!Red

I don't like either at all, but I guess Red. Although I guess Ash was okay in Diamond and Pearl.

In love w/ Altair & Ezio Jeneshisu Rapusōdosu's Avatar

I am a total Red supporter. I think he's a better trainer than Ash is. Ash says he wants to be a Pokemon Master, but he doesn't have much to say for it. He has like a handful of Pokemon. All around, I just don't like Ash.

Besides, I have a badass Red sig, not Ash sig.

Credit to Caprizant

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Ash vs. Red

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    I dislike Red because if he exists, Leaf doesn't. :(
    Part of why I like him so much 8D
    You monster.

And the thing is, Red left the League. Lance became champion. But once you become a Champion, that title stays with you. Which is why Steven introduces himself as the Champion in HGSS.

Blog Entries

Perhaps Red just didn't see much of a point in staying as the champion. The Gen I manual says that he "became interested in Pokemon after his rival Blue stopped playing with him". It seems more like Red went on a journey because he missed the old Blue, the Blue who used to be his friend, and perhaps wanted to remind him of this while Blue was so blinded with the concept of being the next champion. Leaving the league would also present a more humble personality to Red.

Anyway, that's one of the things why I like Red. He started his journey because he missed his childhood friend, and not so much because he wanted to become the best. Now don't misread into this or anything, I'm not a NamelessShipper, I just believe that the two were/are really good friends.
    Saiga likes this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Just another trainer... iLikeMushrooms's Avatar

Red stands on a Mountain all day, training and he's the Kanto Champion! How much more epic can you get?
    Don't you think this is going really far?

Follow Jenni on Tumblr

Honestly, Red... I think Ash has better character development (mostly because ash has character development, and dialogue, etc.) than the game's Red, but Red is the strongest NPC in the entire series, by level, league champion, wrecked Team rocket's entire Kanto operation, Spends basically all his time training on Mt. Silver - which is such a tough area most trainers aren't even allowed to enter it, he just seems to be the superior trainer.
    As for their personalities and them as characters... well, Red isn't much of a character, he's a mute protaganist with very little revealed about him. I suppose you could infer a lot from the events of the games he appears in, and how he reacts - eg. going out of his way to beat up team rocket intead of just dealing with the specific grunts blocking him from gyms/etc. and that he decides to train alone on a mountain and never really shows up anywhere, so separated from everything that even his mom doesn't know what he's up to. So, I think in that respect, Ash wins out, but only because he is an actual character, rather than an avatar of the player, which Red seems to be.

I prefer Pokemon Adventures(manga) Red to Ash and game Red, both as a trainer and in terms of personality/character development.
    Check out my LP channel, I do mostly roguelikes. https://www.youtube.com/rogueswonderland

Red is cool, Ash is stupid. And Red's Bulbasaur and Squirtle evolves.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

Red.

Did Red reset every time he goes to a new region? Did Red travel with gym leaders and need help? Did Red blabber about food and water? Did Red leave his Pokémon behind when he went to Johto?

Did Ash train up top of Mt. Silver for three years to get Level 80 Pokémon? Did Ash travel alone? Was Ash silent? Did Ash not care about food? Did Ash defeat Giovanni and destroyed Team Rocket? Did Ash defeat Lance and his rival at the end?

No.

Red automatically wins. Red can defeat Ash easily.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

It depends on the situation. Red is undoubtably the superior trainer in terms of raw power, but Ash is the one I'd want to be friends with. And isn't being friends with your Pokemon just as important as raw battling strength, if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvakat View Post
    It depends on the situation. Red is undoubtably the superior trainer in terms of raw power, but Ash is the one I'd want to be friends with. And isn't being friends with your Pokemon just as important as raw battling strength, if not more.
    Red is also friends with his Pokemon, as Oak said. He has power and compassion.

Starters of choice.

Blog Entries

Satoshi, because he have charisma and a personality.
    Red is just an avatar for the players.

Even as avatar, I think he isn't the best, since I prefer Leaf's design over his.

PokeSpe Red is better than both Satoshi and Game!Red, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantiz View Post
    PokeSpe Red is better than both Satoshi and Game!Red, by the way.
    Hahah, someone who speaks my language. Yup, I'd choose PokeSpe Red over the other two as well. Now THAT is a Trainer of Legend!

But if I were to choose just between the two, then I'd pick Red. Red is the embodiment of the perfect trainer, blending his personal preferences with what makes a winning team. Ash/Satoshi from the anime seems to have never learned anything from all his experiences and still insists on his hit-or-miss strategy of it's-not-in-the-typing-but-in-the-will-to-win, or something like that (though, to be fair, anime battle physics don't apply similarly to the game's). I'm surprised he hasn't had any Pokemon die on him outright, heheh.

Need Pokemon of no specific gender, nature, moveset, and/or coloration? From Gen I to V, if it's obtainable by breeding, I can get it for you. Just PM me here.
    NO HACKS/CLONES GUARANTEED.

Pokemon White Version FC: 3739-8869-3422

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Red is also friends with his Pokemon, as Oak said. He has power and compassion.
    Well, Ash takes much better care of his Pikachu, I can tell you that much. I've only faced Red once in HG and did absolutely nothing significant against him, but he wore his own Pikachu out by making it use Volt Tackle repeatedly while being hailed on. Not to mention that Ash doesn't make my Pokemon scared. (But, then, that could be because Ash isn't as powerful a trainer as Red is, as I've stated before.)

Red just creeps me out. He doesn't say a word, just decimates my level 55s with his level 88s.

Well, Ash takes much better care of his Pikachu, I can tell you that much. I've only faced Red once in HG and did absolutely nothing significant against him, but he wore his own Pikachu out by making it use Volt Tackle repeatedly while being hailed on. Not to mention that Ash doesn't make my Pokemon scared. (But, then, that could be because Ash isn't as powerful a trainer as Red is, as I've stated before.)

Red just creeps me out. He doesn't say a word, just decimates my level 55s with his level 88s.
    That's not really fair to compare an anime character to AI mechanics. :P And recoil moves aren't a sign of bad care, Ash uses Volt Tackle as well.

Starters of choice.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast