Arcanine vs Ninetales - Page 3

View Poll Results: Arcanine or Ninetales?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arcanine

    62 53.91%
  • Ninetales

    53 46.09%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 67

Thread: Arcanine vs Ninetales

  1. #31
    Why not? Sneaselz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Transgender
    Location
    USA, Illinois
    Posts
    293
    Blog Entries
    20

    Follow Sneaselz on Tumblr

    Default Re: Arcanine vs Ninetales

    Ninetails, because it can pull off some tricky moves (Confuse Ray, Grudge, Hex) and just because I've had one and always liked it lol
    Boosh!

    3DS FC: 3265-5253-3343
    Rock Safari: Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

  2. #32
    VGC Player The Knights of Wario Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,223
    Blog Entries
    129

    Default Re: Arcanine vs Ninetales

    Thanks to Gen 5, Ninetales now has access to Drought, rising up its usability in my book by a lot. So Ninetales gets my vote.
    Black 2 FC: 2151-5959-1760

    Wanna delve into the deep world of the Pokemon VGCs? Then head on over to user-run NuggetBridge for all of your needs!

  3. #33
    Formerly GTT Envoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,388
    Blog Entries
    82

    Default Re: Arcanine vs Ninetales

    Gen V officially made Ninetales superior to Arcanine. Good thing too, she's been living under his shadow since Gen I.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  4. #34
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,049
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: Arcanine vs Ninetales

    Ninetales. Not only does it have Drought for its DW ability, but also Energy Ball, which means it has complete coverage over its weaknesses. I feel sad for Arcanine as I like him more than Ninetales.

  5. #35
    Registered User Blue1225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    I too once dwelled in Arcady
    Posts
    1,087

    Default Re: Arcanine vs Ninetales

    Like Arcanine more, but as of Gen 5 i'd say Ninetales has probably taken over as top dog. Don't worry Arcanine for every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun.

    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

    "For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

  6. #36
    Ideriha: The Rainmaker Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,882
    Blog Entries
    325

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: Arcanine vs Ninetales

    Ninetales for the foxy design and her learning Confuse Ray
    The Rainmaker

  7. #37
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,757
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Arcanine vs Ninetales

    Even if Ninetales got Energy Ball doesn't mean that it can beat Drizzletoad or T-tar. And Ninetails is often dead wieght on most teams apart from being the sun inducer. If it didn't have Drought, it would NU.

    On the other Hand, Arcanine is good and actually viable for OU, even with intimidate or flash fire. It also looks better. So my vote goes for Arcanine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  8. #38
    Formerly GTT Envoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,388
    Blog Entries
    82

    Default Re: Arcanine vs Ninetales

    Quote Originally Posted by Clowncrete View Post
    Even if Ninetales got Energy Ball doesn't mean that it can beat Drizzletoad or T-tar. And Ninetails is often dead wieght on most teams apart from being the sun inducer. If it didn't have Drought, it would NU.

    On the other Hand, Arcanine is good and actually viable for OU, even with intimidate or flash fire. It also looks better. So my vote goes for Arcanine.
    Common misconception. A bulky Ninetales with Will-O-Wisp will beat Tyranitar and as long as it can keep the sun up, also Politoed. That said, Arcanine is the stronger Pokemon. However, Ninetale's sun support is too valuable this Gen to justify shafting it for Arcanine ninety percent of the time. Ninetales' utility is too useful this Gen and that's why I think Ninetales is currently the better Pokemon.

    The problem with Arcanine is that you have other Pokemon that can do its role better than it in OU. The monkey, Darmanitan, Chandelure, Heatran, Victini....

    Ninetales, on the other hand, provides unique support to a team which makes her the best at what she does.

    IMO, both are awesome, but I prefer Ninetales' design and the fact that she singlehandedly made my favorite Pokemon (Venusaur) viable in OU so I picked her.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  9. #39
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,757
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Arcanine vs Ninetales

    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    Common misconception. A bulky Ninetales with Will-O-Wisp will beat Tyranitar and as long as it can keep the sun up, also Politoed. That said, Arcanine is the stronger Pokemon. However, Ninetale's sun support is too valuable this Gen to justify shafting it for Arcanine ninety percent of the time. Ninetales' utility is too useful this Gen and that's why I think Ninetales is currently the better Pokemon.

    The problem with Arcanine is that you have other Pokemon that can do its role better than it in OU. The monkey, Darmanitan, Chandelure, Heatran, Victini....

    Ninetales, on the other hand, provides unique support to a team which makes her the best at what she does.

    IMO, both are awesome, but I prefer Ninetales' design and the fact that she singlehandedly made my favorite Pokemon (Venusaur) viable in OU so I picked her.
    Energy ball ones cannot beat t-tar and thats a fact.
    A scarftar albeit rare and predictable can beat that Ninetales. Even setting up sr puts it in trouble. Secondly half of SS abusers can beat Ninetails. SS & Drizzle >> Drought.
    And don't forget that for 4 gens , arcy has been better than the fox. As I said, without Drought, ninetails is terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  10. #40
    Formerly GTT Envoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,388
    Blog Entries
    82

    Default Re: Arcanine vs Ninetales

    Quote Originally Posted by Clowncrete View Post
    Energy ball ones cannot beat t-tar and thats a fact.
    A scarftar albeit rare and predictable can beat that Ninetales. Even setting up sr puts it in trouble. Secondly half of SS abusers can beat Ninetails. SS & Drizzle >> Drought.
    And don't forget that for 4 gens , arcy has been better than the fox. As I said, without Drought, ninetails is terrible.
    The trick is to Wisp the incoming Ttar on the switch. Scarf or no, a crippled TTar won't be doing much to Ninetales.

    I never said Ninetales was better than Arcanine. Just the opposite, in fact. I explicitly mentioned that Arcanine is by far the better battler, but that the utility Ninetales provides is far more invaluable in today's weather infested metagame than the offense Arcanine brings. Especially considering that other Fire types (Chandelure, Darmanitan, Victini, Heatran, the monkey) are superior offensive threats than Arcanine.

    Furthermore, Sun, while not as viable as rain or sand, is still a premier strategy in the current Gen V OU metagame, so Ninetales, much like Politoed, is hardly dead weight for the simple fact that they can summon it. Is Ninetales the worst weather inducer in the current OU tier? Yes. Will she lose against Poli and TTar? Most likely. Is the previous statement 100% undeniable fact? Most certainly not. Is her ability to summon permanent sunlight still more valuable than her counterpart's meh offensive presence in OU? I think so.

    Feel free to disagree, that's what these debate threads are for. Those are just my two cents. :)
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  11. #41
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,757
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Arcanine vs Ninetales

    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    The trick is to Wisp the incoming Ttar on the switch. Scarf or no, a crippled TTar won't be doing much to Ninetales.

    I never said Ninetales was better than Arcanine. Just the opposite, in fact. I explicitly mentioned that Arcanine is by far the better battler, but that the utility Ninetales provides is far more invaluable in today's weather infested metagame than the offense Arcanine brings. Especially considering that other Fire types (Chandelure, Darmanitan, Victini, Heatran, the monkey) are superior offensive threats than Arcanine.

    Furthermore, Sun, while not as viable as rain or sand, is still a premier strategy in the current Gen V OU metagame, so Ninetales, much like Politoed, is hardly dead weight for the simple fact that they can summon it. Is Ninetales the worst weather inducer in the current OU tier? Yes. Will she lose against Poli and TTar? Most likely. Is the previous statement 100% undeniable fact? Most certainly not. Is her ability to summon permanent sunlight still more valuable than her counterpart's meh offensive presence in OU? I think so.

    Feel free to disagree, that's what these debate threads are for. Those are just my two cents. :)
    If you a want good weather inducing killer, all you have to do is use a wobbuffet.

    Anyway the problem is that ninetails is simply coveted for Drought. Specstoad actually hurts and t-tar is t-tar. Just like Blaziken, ninetails was blessed by the DW.
    So what am I saying? Assume a scenario in which both ninetails and Arcy get Drought. Who would you use?

    Simply put : Drought is good, Ninetails isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  12. #42
    Registered User ocelotlrama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Not really Alabama :(
    Posts
    587

    Default Re: Arcanine vs Ninetales

    I love both, but if I HAD to choose, I would choose Arcanine. :D Only because of his battling capabilities and he is super fluffy! <3


  13. #43
    Formerly GTT Envoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,388
    Blog Entries
    82

    Default Re: Arcanine vs Ninetales

    Quote Originally Posted by Clowncrete View Post
    If you a want good weather inducing killer, all you have to do is use a wobbuffet.

    Anyway the problem is that ninetails is simply coveted for Drought. Specstoad actually hurts and t-tar is t-tar. Just like Blaziken, ninetails was blessed by the DW.
    So what am I saying? Assume a scenario in which both ninetails and Arcy get Drought. Who would you use?

    Simply put : Drought is good, Ninetails isn't.
    I understand and fully agree with your argument. As a Pokemon, Arcanine is clearly superior. However, the fact remains that Ninetales got Drought and Arcy didn't. As a result, her utility becomes much more coveted than Arcanine's offensive prowess.

    As a sidenote, would you use Specstoed in OU if Poli never got Drizzle? I believe Poli, like Ninetales, is used for his DW ability, not for anything else.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  14. #44
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,757
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Arcanine vs Ninetales

    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    I understand and fully agree with your argument. As a Pokemon, Arcanine is clearly superior. However, the fact remains that Ninetales got Drought and Arcy didn't. As a result, her utility becomes much more coveted than Arcanine's offensive prowess.

    As a sidenote, would you use Specstoed in OU if Poli never got Drizzle? I believe Poli, like Ninetales, is used for his DW ability, not for anything else.
    No, i wouldn't ever use specstoad. Its ridiculously outclassed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  15. #45
    Registered User Blue1225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    I too once dwelled in Arcady
    Posts
    1,087

    Default Re: Arcanine vs Ninetales

    Quote Originally Posted by Clowncrete View Post
    If you a want good weather inducing killer, all you have to do is use a wobbuffet.

    Anyway the problem is that ninetails is simply coveted for Drought. Specstoad actually hurts and t-tar is t-tar. Just like Blaziken, ninetails was blessed by the DW.
    So what am I saying? Assume a scenario in which both ninetails and Arcy get Drought. Who would you use?

    Simply put : Drought is good, Ninetails isn't.
    Agreed. Ninetails got lucky with Drought, but its flaws still exist.

    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

    "For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •