Arcanine vs Ninetales - Page 3

View Poll Results: Arcanine or Ninetales?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arcanine

62 53.91%
  • Ninetales

53 46.09%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arcanine vs Ninetales

Blog Entries

Follow Sneaselz on Tumblr

Default Re: Arcanine vs Ninetales

Ninetails, because it can pull off some tricky moves (Confuse Ray, Grudge, Hex) and just because I've had one and always liked it lol
    Boosh!

3DS FC: 3265-5253-3343
    Rock Safari: Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

VGC Player The Knights of Wario Land's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks to Gen 5, Ninetales now has access to Drought, rising up its usability in my book by a lot. So Ninetales gets my vote.
    Black 2 FC: 2151-5959-1760

Wanna delve into the deep world of the Pokemon VGCs? Then head on over to user-run NuggetBridge for all of your needs!

Blog Entries

Gen V officially made Ninetales superior to Arcanine. Good thing too, she's been living under his shadow since Gen I.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Ninetales. Not only does it have Drought for its DW ability, but also Energy Ball, which means it has complete coverage over its weaknesses. I feel sad for Arcanine as I like him more than Ninetales.

Like Arcanine more, but as of Gen 5 i'd say Ninetales has probably taken over as top dog. Don't worry Arcanine for every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Ninetales for the foxy design and her learning Confuse Ray
    The Rainmaker

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Even if Ninetales got Energy Ball doesn't mean that it can beat Drizzletoad or T-tar. And Ninetails is often dead wieght on most teams apart from being the sun inducer. If it didn't have Drought, it would NU.

On the other Hand, Arcanine is good and actually viable for OU, even with intimidate or flash fire. It also looks better. So my vote goes for Arcanine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clowncrete View Post
    Even if Ninetales got Energy Ball doesn't mean that it can beat Drizzletoad or T-tar. And Ninetails is often dead wieght on most teams apart from being the sun inducer. If it didn't have Drought, it would NU.

On the other Hand, Arcanine is good and actually viable for OU, even with intimidate or flash fire. It also looks better. So my vote goes for Arcanine.
    Common misconception. A bulky Ninetales with Will-O-Wisp will beat Tyranitar and as long as it can keep the sun up, also Politoed. That said, Arcanine is the stronger Pokemon. However, Ninetale's sun support is too valuable this Gen to justify shafting it for Arcanine ninety percent of the time. Ninetales' utility is too useful this Gen and that's why I think Ninetales is currently the better Pokemon.

The problem with Arcanine is that you have other Pokemon that can do its role better than it in OU. The monkey, Darmanitan, Chandelure, Heatran, Victini....

Ninetales, on the other hand, provides unique support to a team which makes her the best at what she does.

IMO, both are awesome, but I prefer Ninetales' design and the fact that she singlehandedly made my favorite Pokemon (Venusaur) viable in OU so I picked her.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    Common misconception. A bulky Ninetales with Will-O-Wisp will beat Tyranitar and as long as it can keep the sun up, also Politoed. That said, Arcanine is the stronger Pokemon. However, Ninetale's sun support is too valuable this Gen to justify shafting it for Arcanine ninety percent of the time. Ninetales' utility is too useful this Gen and that's why I think Ninetales is currently the better Pokemon.

The problem with Arcanine is that you have other Pokemon that can do its role better than it in OU. The monkey, Darmanitan, Chandelure, Heatran, Victini....

Ninetales, on the other hand, provides unique support to a team which makes her the best at what she does.

IMO, both are awesome, but I prefer Ninetales' design and the fact that she singlehandedly made my favorite Pokemon (Venusaur) viable in OU so I picked her.
    Energy ball ones cannot beat t-tar and thats a fact.
    A scarftar albeit rare and predictable can beat that Ninetales. Even setting up sr puts it in trouble. Secondly half of SS abusers can beat Ninetails. SS & Drizzle >> Drought.
    And don't forget that for 4 gens , arcy has been better than the fox. As I said, without Drought, ninetails is terrible.
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

Energy ball ones cannot beat t-tar and thats a fact.
    A scarftar albeit rare and predictable can beat that Ninetales. Even setting up sr puts it in trouble. Secondly half of SS abusers can beat Ninetails. SS & Drizzle >> Drought.
    And don't forget that for 4 gens , arcy has been better than the fox. As I said, without Drought, ninetails is terrible.
    The trick is to Wisp the incoming Ttar on the switch. Scarf or no, a crippled TTar won't be doing much to Ninetales.

I never said Ninetales was better than Arcanine. Just the opposite, in fact. I explicitly mentioned that Arcanine is by far the better battler, but that the utility Ninetales provides is far more invaluable in today's weather infested metagame than the offense Arcanine brings. Especially considering that other Fire types (Chandelure, Darmanitan, Victini, Heatran, the monkey) are superior offensive threats than Arcanine.

Furthermore, Sun, while not as viable as rain or sand, is still a premier strategy in the current Gen V OU metagame, so Ninetales, much like Politoed, is hardly dead weight for the simple fact that they can summon it. Is Ninetales the worst weather inducer in the current OU tier? Yes. Will she lose against Poli and TTar? Most likely. Is the previous statement 100% undeniable fact? Most certainly not. Is her ability to summon permanent sunlight still more valuable than her counterpart's meh offensive presence in OU? I think so.

Feel free to disagree, that's what these debate threads are for. Those are just my two cents. :)

Blog Entries

The trick is to Wisp the incoming Ttar on the switch. Scarf or no, a crippled TTar won't be doing much to Ninetales.

I never said Ninetales was better than Arcanine. Just the opposite, in fact. I explicitly mentioned that Arcanine is by far the better battler, but that the utility Ninetales provides is far more invaluable in today's weather infested metagame than the offense Arcanine brings. Especially considering that other Fire types (Chandelure, Darmanitan, Victini, Heatran, the monkey) are superior offensive threats than Arcanine.

Furthermore, Sun, while not as viable as rain or sand, is still a premier strategy in the current Gen V OU metagame, so Ninetales, much like Politoed, is hardly dead weight for the simple fact that they can summon it. Is Ninetales the worst weather inducer in the current OU tier? Yes. Will she lose against Poli and TTar? Most likely. Is the previous statement 100% undeniable fact? Most certainly not. Is her ability to summon permanent sunlight still more valuable than her counterpart's meh offensive presence in OU? I think so.

Feel free to disagree, that's what these debate threads are for. Those are just my two cents. :)
    If you a want good weather inducing killer, all you have to do is use a wobbuffet.

Anyway the problem is that ninetails is simply coveted for Drought. Specstoad actually hurts and t-tar is t-tar. Just like Blaziken, ninetails was blessed by the DW.
    So what am I saying? Assume a scenario in which both ninetails and Arcy get Drought. Who would you use?

Simply put : Drought is good, Ninetails isn't.

I love both, but if I HAD to choose, I would choose Arcanine. :D Only because of his battling capabilities and he is super fluffy! <3

Blog Entries

If you a want good weather inducing killer, all you have to do is use a wobbuffet.

Anyway the problem is that ninetails is simply coveted for Drought. Specstoad actually hurts and t-tar is t-tar. Just like Blaziken, ninetails was blessed by the DW.
    So what am I saying? Assume a scenario in which both ninetails and Arcy get Drought. Who would you use?

I understand and fully agree with your argument. As a Pokemon, Arcanine is clearly superior. However, the fact remains that Ninetales got Drought and Arcy didn't. As a result, her utility becomes much more coveted than Arcanine's offensive prowess.

As a sidenote, would you use Specstoed in OU if Poli never got Drizzle? I believe Poli, like Ninetales, is used for his DW ability, not for anything else.

Blog Entries

I understand and fully agree with your argument. As a Pokemon, Arcanine is clearly superior. However, the fact remains that Ninetales got Drought and Arcy didn't. As a result, her utility becomes much more coveted than Arcanine's offensive prowess.

As a sidenote, would you use Specstoed in OU if Poli never got Drizzle? I believe Poli, like Ninetales, is used for his DW ability, not for anything else.
    No, i wouldn't ever use specstoad. Its ridiculously outclassed.

Agreed. Ninetails got lucky with Drought, but its flaws still exist.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast