Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 98
Page 98 of 558 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 8366

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Welcome back, @AetherX;. Hope you'll enjoy the new stuff around here :)

A quick warning: we're not allowed to say in the general chat when a new chapter is up, though it's ok in our signature. It broke whatever we were chatting about etc.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Your mind is a world AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Visit AetherX's Youtube Channel

Yeah, it's been Track season (got my mile time down to 5:14!!!), and I've been desperately attempting to finish off my senior year of high school with somewhat decent grades.

Thanks TD, looking back that was probably unwise, but I didn't mean it as an advertisement. I meant it more as pointing out how long its been since I've had a chance to post anything. I'll watch myself in the future.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Welcome back, @AetherX;
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

So, although I've technically been out of school, I've remained busy and pretty much offline. That's fine, being out of school was a surprise and this was the original plan anyway. Nevertheless, it's irritating.
    Hopefully I can update within the next week or so, which shouldn't be too hard... and I have a lot of reviewing to catch up on, my goodness yes.
    If nothing else, the time out of school has improved my mental health enormously. I can stop being resigned to endurance and start living my life for once. I no longer hate my circumstances and, by extension, hate myself much less than I used to~ All is more or less well.
    =3

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    Yeah, it's been Track season (got my mile time down to 5:14!!!), and I've been desperately attempting to finish off my senior year of high school with somewhat decent grades.

Thanks TD, looking back that was probably unwise, but I didn't mean it as an advertisement. I meant it more as pointing out how long its been since I've had a chance to post anything. I'll watch myself in the future.
    5.14? Whoa, that's awesome! I can do a mile in, uh, 6 blank or so. Don't use miles here in Norway, so it's hard to approximate. You ever take the Cooper Test?

Also, welcome back. I'm one of those newbs you wouldn't know 8)
    @unrepentantAuthor; it's great that you're improving. Looking forward to having you back here full time!
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

The Symphony of Science; a tribute to the marvels of science and nature.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Tophat Dragoneye View Post
    The only way I know is to beat the game. Not gonna say anymore because that would be spoilers, and no one likes spoilers, right?
    Are you sure? Because there would be no point in playing anymore after beating the game... Unless it pulls a Super Mario Galaxy and lets you replay it as Luigi, I suppose. I'll have to see what happens when I beat the game.

And welcome back, AetherX! I remember you, I think. I asked you if you liked Fire Emblem cause of your username...lol.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's different than Super Mario Galaxy, I can tell you that. Let's say that there will be made some twists to the stages. You'll know when you see for yourself ;)
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unrepentantAuthor View Post
    I no longer hate my circumstances and, by extension, hate myself much less than I used to~ All is more or less well.
    =3
    Speaking from experience, learning not to hate yourself is a huge step towards being happy with the life you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Guy View Post
    5.14? Whoa, that's awesome! I can do a mile in, uh, 6 blank or so. Don't use miles here in Norway, so it's hard to approximate. You ever take the Cooper Test?
    You could also call it the 1600m I guess, so I'd run the official Olympics 1500m in about 5 flat. I've never taken the Cooper Test before, but it sounds rough. Looking at Wikipedia, I should in theory be able to hit the "Very Good" tier for my age group based off of my 5k time. That seems odd though, I suck compared to my teammates :P

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Tophat Dragoneye View Post
    It's different than Super Mario Galaxy, I can tell you that. Let's say that there will be made some twists to the stages. You'll know when you see for yourself ;)
    Ah, I see. Sounds interesting!

Stray Dog Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

I'm glad to have you back AetherX :) how have you been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    You could also call it the 1600m I guess, so I'd run the official Olympics 1500m in about 5 flat. I've never taken the Cooper Test before, but it sounds rough. Looking at Wikipedia, I should in theory be able to hit the "Very Good" tier for my age group based off of my 5k time. That seems odd though, I suck compared to my teammates :P
    Did you look at the normal values, or those for trained athletes? In the latter you'd be "Good" with that score (3600 in 12 mins)

I hit ~3300m at the Cooper Test, given that I'm not exercising a lot (maybe once a month) I'm quite fine for my age group :P I'm considering picking up running as a more serious hobby, since I'm quite predisposed to it (a high level of fitness runs in the family).

What's your time at 60m or 100m? If you've ever run those? I perform kinda worse there (8 blank at 60m).
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

The Symphony of Science; a tribute to the marvels of science and nature.

Blog Entries

Did you look at the normal values, or those for trained athletes? In the latter you'd be "Good" with that score (3600 in 12 mins)

I hit ~3300m at the Cooper Test, given that I'm not exercising a lot (maybe once a month) I'm quite fine for my age group :P I'm considering picking up running as a more serious hobby, since I'm quite predisposed to it (a high level of fitness runs in the family).

What's your time at 60m or 100m? If you've ever run those? I perform kinda worse there (8 blank at 60m).
    Given that I get progressively worse at farther distances, I doubt I'd be able to do quite that well. That said, I haven't really done a sprint race in six years. I think my 60m was just under 8, and my 100m was around 12. Can't remember for sure, though. That could all just be wishful thinking.

That's cool that you have a predisposition to running, that's a huge part of being able to do well. Busting your butt in workouts can only get you so far.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

The fastest that I could run a mile in when I was back in track was around...6.10 yeah about that, but that's only if I pushed myself really hard. I remember that I hated three mile races cause I was always last and I got so boooooooooored I mean when you have to run 12 laps and save your energy you can really get bored while doing them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Haze View Post
    The fastest that I could run a mile in when I was back in track was around...6.10 yeah about that, but that's only if I pushed myself really hard. I remember that I hated three mile races cause I was always last and I got so boooooooooored I mean when you have to run 12 laps and save your energy you can really get bored while doing them.
    Yeah, that's why I hate running anything farther than 1600m on the track. I'm not a big fan of running in circles. Cross country is awesome, though. I was pretty excited when I learned that running through the woods was a sport.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

We didn't have woods xD Cross Country was basically us running three miles around a track every single race...I was pretty bored out of my mind when it was over honestly. Mostly cause we lived in a suburban area so we didn't have a lot of places to go to without getting mixed into the street.