Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

My computer is old so I have no Calibri. ;_;

I'm forced to use Trebuchet.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I also keep my chapter separate, but instead of Word 2010, I use One-Note 2010 for writing my chapters since I find it much easier than with Word because I can see how many chapters I've written, and I can even write notes next to the chapters if I need to.

And I also use Calibri 11.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Oh, so I'm not the only one. Phew! xD
    I can third that one. I have one document for the story outline, one for a flowchart of things, one for character summaries and backstories that needs to be kept in mind, and one for every chapter.

Also, guys, this:

http://writer.bighugelabs.com

Fantastic writing interface
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

The Symphony of Science; a tribute to the marvels of science and nature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Guy View Post
    Also, guys, this:

Writer: the internet typewriter

Fantastic writing interface
    Oh my God, there is also an option for typing sounds. :O

Post Thanks / Like

I keep one .doc file for the entire story XD I'm not very organized. Though, Llama Guy, I like your way of thinking, especially with the one file for character summaries and backgrounds thing. Seems really "professional"

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a small 250 gig hard drive that holds all my downloads, my massive music collection, some games, and all my writing. The writing is neatly organized in its own folder, with different folders for different projects. Drabble and exploration are saved as "ideas", if they are even saved at all
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LightningTopaz View Post
    I have a small 250 gig hard drive that holds all my downloads, my massive music collection, some games, and all my writing. The writing is neatly organized in its own folder, with different folders for different projects. Drabble and exploration are saved as "ideas", if they are even saved at all
    Wow. I have one and a half terabyte for that - except the games, they have their own 300 GB drive -, and I'm looking at an upgrade x)
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

::bows before you, impressed::
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Post Thanks / Like

Follow R0-S3 on Tumblr

@R0-S3; Out of curiosity: why write if you hate?
    I don't hate writing! I just hate the first chapter which I am currently attempting to write. I'm a mediocre writer at the best of times, and I haven't written anything in a while, so I'm extremely rusty. Once I manage to get back into the swing of it and start producing something halfway decent, then I find writing extremely enjoyable.
    I have an art thread!

Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

I have a 1TB external HD, but the only purpose it serves in regards to my writing is as a backup. I keep my writing in my Documents folder, since I'm boring. I also keep the whole fic in one file. If I need a certain chapter, I can Ctrl+F it. Especially good if I'm not sure where a certain scene is, as I don't have to keep opening new files. Also, it provides a simple idea of where I'm at with the story at a glance, including making it much easier to track word count. For those who are curious, Champion Game currently sits at 145,020 words and 288 pages over 34 and a bit chapters.

Also, I'm apparently writing in 11.5 Tahoma because this computer does not possess Century Schoolbook L.
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R0-S3 View Post
    @R0-S3; Out of curiosity: why write if you hate?
    I don't hate writing! I just hate the first chapter which I am currently attempting to write. I'm a mediocre writer at the best of times, and I haven't written anything in a while, so I'm extremely rusty. Once I manage to get back into the swing of it and start producing something halfway decent, then I find writing extremely enjoyable.
    I thought you meant you hated the story for some reason or whatever (not writing itself). But yeah, I see the misunderstanding now, my bad ;)

Post Thanks / Like

I have an HP computer with a 750 GB hard drive. I have a folder for all my writing too, but since like I said before I only use 1 doc file for an entire project I just save each file into there. But yeah, it has my massive pirated >_> music collection, along with some games I have which I also pirated, and of course all the other regular stuff, antivirus programs, Office 2010, Master Collection CS5.5 (bought both of those two for your kind information XD), and some other shit.

Argh, mateys :P

Post Thanks / Like

I stopped pirating music and went over to Spotify, it's so much better. Though I guess most of my game collection isn't... strictly legal. But I don't have any money anyway, so yeah. Hoist the sails and point ye scabbards at 'em scurvy dogs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

hey i've been wondering... who are the judges for the awards? i don't know if you can ask this, i'm just curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I can third that one. I have one document for the story outline, one for a flowchart of things, one for character summaries and backstories that needs to be kept in mind, and one for every chapter.
    I do something similar myself. I have one document where I jot down all my ideas for future reference and in the case of my Fire Emblem fic, I have a separate document for the list of characters (the ones that would be playable if the story were a game. "NPCs" aren't listed), their classes, and even how they're recruited. I also have a wiki for the FE fic as a hub for every little bit of information on it.