Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

“How was your day, despite the fact that you found out you have cancer?”

o.0

That's...a little blunt.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Please do not post fics in the General Chat Thread. Please do not give feedback to fics in the General Chat Thread.

The purpose of the General Chat Thread is to facilitate conversation between Writer's Workshop users that does not belong elsewhere in the Writer's Workshop.

Fics, even first drafts, should be posted in the main Writer's Workshop. When you wish to post the final version, you may start a new thread, and you can even delete the old one if you are so inclined. Conversations regarding writing should be posted in the Writer's Block.

Blog Entries

The voting thread is up, time to cast yer votes for reviewer and newbie

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

yay voting day.

So today is constitution Day in Norway. 198 years of semi-independence (and 107 of actual independence), wohoo!

Love how there's Norwegians (or people with such ancestry) all over the world celebrating it with parades and god-knows-what.
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

The Symphony of Science; a tribute to the marvels of science and nature.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace

lol, champagne for any norweigans? on the fourth of july (signing of the declaration of independence in america for all those foreigners who don't know), i usually go to the beach and hang out with my family and drink champagne and shoot firecrackers xD. i don't normally drink underage, but when i do, i get crazy.

I bet there's a lot of champagne :P Aside that we have HUGE parades in every city, town and village (and everywhere else in the world there's Norwegians {fun fact: there are more Norwegian-Americans than there are Norwegians}), school bands play everywhere, this year's graduates party hard (and I mean hard), and the rest is all about the kids; May 17th is a day for children first and foremost.

Oh, and don't forget our epic national dress, the bunad.

As far as I know it's not actually illegal to drink while underage in Norway x) (though it is illegal to provide minors with alcohol)
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I drank a glass of champagne once, when I graduated from the gymnasium, even though I don't drink and never had, i decided to skip my self-imposed rule just once for the occasion.

In other news, the septic tank where I live is right now... how should i put this... filled up with s(beep)t, and we can't use the toilet until someone comes and empties it. As for the smell, well... I'm close to be like this whenever I walk outside the door:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails natsus_motion_sickness.jpg  
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

ohhhh that's gotta suck. xD. i remember that happened with my house. good god it was terrible.

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

I just wanted to wish everyone good luck for the judging portion of the awards, may the best writer win.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Yeah, good luck to all. I probably won't win. Like my Zelda fic will stand up at all to something as popular as Lady Lucifer's story. xP

Blog Entries

Popularity has nothing to do with it, in fact, that's why its decided by a judging panel, so that they may judge by the quality and merits of that work.

-sage nod-
    Gama likes this.

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I'm touched "Life From the Fireside" was nominated, but I'm not expecting it to win.

Speaking of which, I have a new tale in that...
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Hmm. It would be nice to win "best newcomer", but since I don't have any active stories I'm not keeping my hopes held high into the sky :P

So what are people spending the day with? I've been debating politics and philosophy all day, now I'm spell-checking and putting the finishing touches (finally!) to my new fic. It's a kind of lengthy first chapter, heavy on introspection and introducing this and that, but I've gotten a fairly green light from my two betas, so I'm hoping it will be to your liking when it gets up (and if you read it :P)

After it's up, I'm shifting to reading a few people's fanfics and drafts, betaing and reviewing a few stories.

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I've been reading over nominees in my category and posted a new episode of "Live from the Fireside"
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!