Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 84

Page 84 of 399 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 5984
Like Tree760Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

You failed to mention that I thought it was a fanfic.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

It sort of is xD I mean I don't know xD point is that it's original and that I'm thinking of putting it here. But I can't decide on whether to make it Pokemon or original.

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I'm debating Riya or Shira for the new Meloetta
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Guy View Post
    @Chimchar98; What about these shoes?

Brilliant design, light, almost identical to being barefoot. They're not molded to your feet specifically, so they can't be used to identify his feet, you avoid getting dirty directly on your feet. It's basically like barefoot except it's not.
    Oooo... that could ALMOST work! Except for the fact, that the Quest For Glory is a medieval style Fantasy Adventure game, and I don't think those shoes existed back then. Then again, there are quite a few "modern" references in a few of the games (the townspeople in IV reference various comedians and actors for instance) like a modern day toaster (that isn't hooked to anything yet, seeing as there isn't any electricity). Maybe I should go for boots instead like Feliciano said?

I'd read it, but like Feliciano said, depends what it is.

I think it'll be interesting, nonetheless ;)

Blog Entries

@Chimchar98; So kind of like this, right?

"He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

@Feliciano; You need a semicolon for the mentions to work.

Blog Entries

Derp. Fixed now.
    Pride likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

original fics are usually hard to attract a crowd here in the writer's workshop because well, this is a pokemon forum. :P but like me you can gain some popularity, you just have to really push for it and be a good writer.

You don't gotta worry about Stellar Haze being a good writer ;)

In fact, my upcoming two things I mentioned before have nothing to do with pokemon, they're original, but I feel that a lot of people will still regardless like and read them.

It all depends on what the subject is :P

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    @Chimchar98; So kind of like this, right?
    Yeah! That's pretty much perfect! Although, he and his parents are professional thieves so their outfits are a little bit nicer than that. Then again, nobody would suspect someone dressed like a beggar! :)

Blog Entries

I pulled that image from some D&D fanart. That's not a beggar's cloak, it's a thief's cloak. But I find that D&D is surprisingly helpful when looking for inspiration for pseudo-mideaval swords-and-sorcery worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar98 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Guy View Post
    @Chimchar98; What about these shoes?

Brilliant design, light, almost identical to being barefoot. They're not molded to your feet specifically, so they can't be used to identify his feet, you avoid getting dirty directly on your feet. It's basically like barefoot except it's not.
    Oooo... that could ALMOST work! Except for the fact, that the Quest For Glory is a medieval style Fantasy Adventure game, and I don't think those shoes existed back then. Then again, there are quite a few "modern" references in a few of the games (the townspeople in IV reference various comedians and actors for instance) like a modern day toaster (that isn't hooked to anything yet, seeing as there isn't any electricity). Maybe I should go for boots instead like Feliciano said?
    There's no one to say something like that weren't made for rouges in an alternative fantasy world. Not with the velcro and rubber material, of course, but it could work. Your call, though; boots are also fine.
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

The Symphony of Science; a tribute to the marvels of science and nature.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

heyyyy. working on a new one-shot. :o

little excerpt of what i've got so far.

Goldenrod and the 4H stone,
    The things I bought you,
    When I found out you had cancer of the bone...

I shuffled my feet sheepishly. Maybe I was being too considerate, or just a good person. I hoped she would like them anyway.

She turned to me, gave me a smile, but I could sense the fear surrounding her. In all honesty, I was just as scared.

“How was your day, despite the fact that you found out you have cancer?” I asked as she rummaged through the boxes and pulled out my gifts I had bought for her.

“Can't complain... I was worried about telling you and my friends, but not as worried as telling my dad.” She sighed and picked picked up the goldenrod, admiring the yellow petals for a while before looking for a vase in the kitchen cabinet of her apartment.

“Why?”

She gave me a look that reminded me of the time when I asked a stupid question. That must have been a stupid question.

“You know as well as I do that my father was diagnosed with bone cancer a while back but was cured. He'd feel bad for passing on his disease to me, and he'd grieve for God knows how long. I just want him to be happy; he's lost Mom already.”

“I know, I know.” I nodded solemnly, my head bobbing up and down rhythmically. I remembered that incident two months ago with her mother. I knew she still kept pictures of her mom somewhere and still grieved herself, but not as much as her father who was devastated.

“Just call him. I'll be here for guidance if you need anything.” I suggested as she filled her newly found vase with water and placed the goldenrod inside.

“Oh come on, May. I'll be fine, I swear. I got this, alright?” She argued, putting the vase on her windowsill and admiring her work for a bit before facing me again. She didn't look happy.

“Please, Savanna, I'm only trying to help. I want the best for you and I don't want to put as much pressure as you already have on you from your dad. I swear I won't bug you; I'll just sit here quietly and listen and give you reassuring pats and gestures, okay?”

At first, Savanna looked doubtful, but after great hesitation she finally agreed. Biting her lip, she picked up the house telephone resting on the granite tops of her kitchen counter and dialed her father's number.

Your father cried on the telephone,
    And he drove his car into the Navy yard,
    Just to prove that he was sorry...

The minute she told him, a tiny voice in my brain kept saying that it was probably the wrong idea and a big mistake. It was, in actuality. I could hear the sound of disbelief, then Savanna correcting her father, and then the sobs.

These were terrible, loud, racking sobs. I bet people outside in the bustling streets of Jacksonville, Florida could hear him.

Savanna let him grieve for a while, closing her eyes and slowly shaking her head as he continued on, blabbering something about her mother and how he blamed himself on everything bad that had happened to her.

Finally, she had had enough and began to reason with her father, trying to drive back some sense in him. I could see she was beginning to lose hope because her father continued nevertheless. I took her hand, and she gave a grateful, and heartfelt look towards me. I smiled back, trying to keep her spirits up.

But her determination grew into shock, “Wait, Dad... What? You're... What now? What are you doing? Stop... Don't...” The sound of the line being broken alerted me and she drew away the phone from her ear.

One look was all it took for me to know that something went wrong. Her green eyes were wide and sparkled with fear. She took my hand and lead me outside her apartment towards her car. When I asked where we were going she said, “To the Navy yard, to meet my father.”

Of course I was shocked when I saw her father standing near his little white Honda, tears glistening in his eyes and his fingers latched together in front of him. Savanna jumped out of the car, me trailing behind as she ran towards him and threw her arms around him. He began to cry just as hard as he did over the phone on her shoulder, and then I heard him breathe how sorry he was, and how the drive here was just to prove that.

“No, Dad... You didn't have to do all this... You know I'm going to be fine, I'm a big girl, I can handle this.” It reminded me of what she told me before she called her father. Savanna was always a very independent person, believing that she could do whatever on her own. She seemed to have no limits sometimes.

“But you're also my baby girl... My one and only; you're the only one left.” His voice was barely audible above a whisper and I was surprised I was even able to hear it.

In the minute Savanna drew away her arms from her father's back, he crumpled to the ground on his knees, hands clasped together in prayer as he looked towards the sky and began to mumble pleads to God. His hands were shaking along with his voice, letting me know the raw power and emotion he was showing in this.

Savanna and I could do nothing but watch him pray, and bow our heads solemnly. Whenever I stole glances at him, I saw him as pitiful, weak, and frightened. For his sake, I would protect Savanna.

It was for my sake as well.

In the morning, through the window shade,
    When the light pressed up against your shoulder blade,
    I could see what you were reading...

I had slept over at Savanna's that night, keeping my promise in protecting her with all my might. I had to protect her, it was my duty from now on.

But then again, it always was, ever since she and I met all those years ago.

I watched her as she flipped through the seventh Harry Potter book. She had already read the series, but was reading it again. Backwards. I smiled as I remembered she and I joking about it, and how it was pointless, but interesting nonetheless.

I was sitting across the room from her, on the leather reclining chair and watching the sun's light shine down on her pale skin and touch the pages of the bestselling book. Her eyes went back and forth as they scanned the pages, then her fingers moving as they flicked from one page to the next.

Savanna was a beautiful girl, one I had always admired, always hung out with, and one I always loved. I should have showed more emotion towards the fact that she had cancer, but I had a feeling that she would get through it. Hopefully.

But, living or dead, she would always remain a beauty in my eyes. A diamond in a sea of oil; she was just that outstanding.

All the glory that the Lord has made,
    And the complications you could do without,
    When I kissed you on the mouth...

i made this from a christian aspect by the way. :U

Lol, I was gonna type the next chapter for my fic today but completely forgot XD. I'll have time tomorrow though, so it's not that bad :D