Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 72

Page 72 of 399 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 5980
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

I just stopped caring at one point. I realized that people didn't get kicks out of directly bullying someone if that person didn't care, meaning they'd just get annoyed, meaning I would be the one getting amusement out of it. And as for backtalking - well, I frankly never gave a damn about other people's opinions, and that's the one big thing to get over bullying, simply realizing that someone's words doesn't really mean anything to you, nor can they hurt you. The one who reacts to harsh words is you, the onyl one who can make them stop is you, and that is by making yourself stop caring about them.

I was lucky enough my mom taught me that even before I started school.
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

The Symphony of Science; a tribute to the marvels of science and nature.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

it's not that i care about what they say, i just want them to watch it. i much prefer it when people say it to my face instead of whispering rumors and lies to their bratty friends behind my back.

I had some problems with bullying. I'd do stuff other people do and be called down for it because i was Indian. I've gone to private school my whole life, and that school was about to close, so i switched to another private school. There's like no bullying here, but occasionally the thing i mentioned above happens and it pisses the fuck outta me. I'll do the same thing, but it'll be different because I'm Indian. There are barely any Indians who go to the school, so that's another thing. Or they'll treat me different, like I'll look awkward or something apparently if I try to do the same thing. Racism can suck my brown dick.

That being said, I really like racial humor. Russell Peters is my favorite comedian. Like, I joke about all kinds of stereotypes (both about my race and other races) with my friends and stuff all the time, but I don't think that's racism because it was done in a joking manner and no one was hurt. But when your intention is to irk someone, that's what I consider being racist. I can take a joke, I'm known around class for my sense of humor and for being a "class clown", but that racist bullshit pisses me off.

@Lady Lucifer; Ah. Personally I wouldn't care much, if they want to rot in their own ignorance and condescension that's their problem, not mine :P
    @Red; must really suck. The school I went to as a kid was represented with more than fifty ethnicities (there were ~700 pupils in total), so it was fairly tolerant. Tons of bullies, but not out of race (actually, the main bullies at school were a couple of Vietnamese guys and one Serbian dude). But then again, Norway is known for being rather multicultural (the immigration debate is by now the main course in Norwegian politics, and last year's terrorist attack didn't help much towards that issue, as it was racially/politically motivated)
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

It doesn't happen a lot, thankfully, just really annoying when it does happen.

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

When I was in the US I went to public school so there was a lot of mixture between races, of course that doesn't mean racism wasn't unheard of but it wasn't announced as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unrepentantAuthor View Post
    Sinite praesentiam fatuorum.
    My Latin isn't exactly up to shape...

And such a day must suck. I'm so glad I'm not in a class with overly religious, close-minded inbreds idiots who can't understand that certain misconceptions of theirs have actually been empirically proven wrong. Nor do I have to suffer ridiculous teachers (or when I do, I talk back to them until they give up or let me retry), or inattentive classmates in general...
    Means "suffer the presence of fools," more or less. I must, but I hate to.

I wish ardently that in university, I shall have decent people as peers, and competent teachers. It seems likely, given the infinitely more secular nature of my chosen uni, and the course specifically being a writing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lucifer View Post
    "ohhh, did you hear? that girl over there is a devil worshiper! i hear she threatens to sacrifice people to satan if they cross her path! she's also a lesbian; i bet that's why she's a satanist. i hear faggots like her are satan's spawn. it's disgusting! she's disgusting! she's so ugly, i hope she kills herself soon. i don't like seeing her face at all."

i get comments like this behind my back all the time.

they still think they're smart and doing some good by making an already clinically depressed teenager even more fucked up.
    I'm sorry to hear that you must deal with such ignorance, intolerance and immaturity. I could go on with the denunciations, but I'm sure you've had your fill of those. I wish I could offer some palpable aid, but in lieu of any ability to, I can only give you my sympathies. If it's any consolation, you deserve better, and eventually I am sure you'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Guy View Post
    Sinite praesentiam fatuorum.
    My Latin isn't exactly up to shape...

And such a day must suck. I'm so glad I'm not in a class with overly religious, close-minded inbreds idiots who can't understand that certain misconceptions of theirs have actually been empirically proven wrong. Nor do I have to suffer ridiculous teachers (or when I do, I talk back to them until they give up or let me retry), or inattentive classmates in general...
    Means "suffer the presence of fools," more or less. I must, but I hate to.

I wish ardently that in university, I shall have decent people as peers, and competent teachers. It seems likely, given the infinitely more secular nature of my chosen uni, and the course specifically being a writing one.
    There's a fair chance you'll get that. Freedom from the religious halfwits that is, stupid people and poor teachers are everywhere. Less in uni than secondary schooling, but still there (yes, I am a misanthrope, sue me) :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lucifer View Post
    "ohhh, did you hear? that girl over there is a devil worshiper! i hear she threatens to sacrifice people to satan if they cross her path! she's also a lesbian; i bet that's why she's a satanist. i hear faggots like her are satan's spawn. it's disgusting! she's disgusting! she's so ugly, i hope she kills herself soon. i don't like seeing her face at all."

i get comments like this behind my back all the time.

they still think they're smart and doing some good by making an already clinically depressed teenager even more fucked up.
    I'm sorry to hear that you must deal with such ignorance, intolerance and immaturity. I could go on with the denunciations, but I'm sure you've had your fill of those. I wish I could offer some palpable aid, but in lieu of any ability to, I can only give you my sympathies. If it's any consolation, you deserve better, and eventually I am sure you'll get it.
    I feel that most people get what they deserve, in the end.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

It's a shame that bullying even happens so severely at all. I've heard stories about kids who committed suicide after being bullied. It's really sad.

I myself was bullied a lot in school too. For being short, for wearing glasses, and mostly for stuttering when I speak. People would mock me whenever I stuttered and it always pissed me off. I've had things thrown at me in class and then people would just tell me I'm hallucinating. Bullshit, I know very well I felt something hit me in the back and it really fucking hurt.

One year I also had trash thrown at me in the hall, my lunch stolen in the cafeteria, and gum put in my hair...twice. The nurse had to get it out with peanut butter.

Oh, did I mention that I was also nearly suspended, or maybe even expelled, from school once because a bully spread a rumor saying I stole candy from my teacher? This was in second grade, and the bully actually thought I stole candy from my teacher, but he had no god damn business telling the whole school about it, even after I swore to him that I stole nothing. I actually got the candy from a teacher's aid earlier in the day for good behavior. I remember running off the school bus crying because the bus monitor told me she was going to report it to the principal. I don't remember what happened after that, strangely enough.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

mine was pretty severe. i was actually beaten up, called horrendous names, and was basically left alone. because of my actions and the things i did and how my schizophrenia had begun to form in fifth grade, i was seen as a freak because of my huge paranoia; crying out and screaming if my mother was late picking me up and being disruptive in class and showing my emotions at the most inappropriate of times. my mom thought i was just trying to cause trouble, but i did end up getting diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia that same year, and i had to go to a lot of therapy sessions because of it.

i remember at kick ball during recess people would always love to throw the ball at me; literally in my face. i would come home with bruises and a broken and bloodied nose. i was devastated. it's the main reason why i'm so untrustworthy today; because people would say they were my friends only to get the chance to beat me up and crush my hopes of ever having a connection like that. it just really hurt back then and it's too painful to even talk about it more.

but now, i've learned to ignore and accept the fact that people are going to hate me. i don't care. they'll soon realize how immature they were being and one day they'll say "hey, maybe i shouldn't have given that kid a hard time back then."

i'm still waiting for an apology from my hateful peers, and i hope to receive one sometime in the future.

and if you have a problem with me, please write it nicely on a piece of paper, fold it up, and shove it in your ass. :U

Guh. I remember once in fifth grade when the whole class (yes, the whole class) stood around me in a circle while the teacher was out, calling me names and whatnot. I got up, took the chair I was just sitting on and hit someone in the face. That, or threatened to hit someone in the face, my memories are slightly jumbled. Everyone backed up, I left school, and that was the last time anyone bullied me (;

Aside that I tended to ignore everyone though. Except this one guy who loved back-talking me. When showering after p.e., if I had a similar towel as him, I'd usually "accidentally" dry myself with his, then when he noticed, I'd immediately shift to drying with my own. I'd put special care into drying my groin area. This way he had no way of drying himself after the shower :") He thought I was just being stupid and dim-witted. Oh, I loved playing innocent~

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lucifer
    i'm still waiting for an apology from my hateful peers, and i hope to receive one sometime in the future.
    Not to be a party pooper, but you may be looking long and well for that one.
    Last edited by TheLlama; 10th May 2012 at 07:30 PM.

I recently got suspended from my school (in-school). This prick was being a really annoying bitch and just kept talking shit all day, messing with everyone verbally. I will admit, I have a bit of a temper, and we got into a heated argument and eventually the teacher left the room at one point, and I slugged him. Right in his goddamn head. It was great, people around all shocked, but in a good way and were like "Oh, shit!". But some stupid chink who I still wanna kill right now told, and I got suspended :/

Ironically enough, he didn't get in trouble for the situation. We were both sent down for questioning by the principal, but I'm not sure she really gave him anything. The ironic part is, the day I was serving my suspension, he walked past the classroom and laughed. The teacher of the room (I had to be sent to a different room with a shitload of work) saw and yelled at him, giving him a demerit. He had enough to get suspended himself :'). I still remember when I heard the news. My grin stretched from ear to ear. Hahaha, karma's a bitch ;)

Anyways, a lot of people in the class were "applauding" me for what I did, a lot of them like "Dude, I love you" or "That was great!" It died out after the first day, but i sort of expected it.

Hmm, I'd never really applaud anyone for using violence (neither do I approve of me (possibly) doing it), I generally think that doesn't solve anything. Glad I'm not as silly as I was back then. Ah, well. Live and learn.

who I still wanna kill
    uuh no you don't

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Good show, Red. :D

That reminds me of an incident I got into during my senior year of high school too. There was a table I normally sat at every day in the cafeteria during lunch, cause my friend Jordan sat there, but one day, it was full. So I went to another table that was empty. Over time, a bunch of other girls sat down there and it gradually got full. Not long after, this black girl walked up to me with her food and said "hey, you're in my seat." I reply "Um, I didn't see anyone's things here..." And guess what the bitch girl did next? She starts pushing my food away and pushing me off the seat. I retaliate by pushing back.

When I nearly fell, that's when I got pissed and shoved her across the floor. I may be small, but I'm tough and I'm stronger than I look, and I don't take shit from anyone. The bitch pushed me back, and we started fighting.

I was kicking her ass until she started pulling my hair. While I can pack a mean punch, I can't take a lot of hits or pain myself, unfortunately, so I could only scream while she pulled my hair. Eventually, someone broke us up, I can't remember who, but I was relieved. Both me and the bitch girl were sent to the principal's office.

I don't know if the bitch girl got suspended, but I know I didn't because I had been in the right the entire time. I was only defending myself against this asshole black girl.

Oh, and did I also mention that I've been bullied by only black people? This is why I'm a little racist, admittedly. I have generally no problem with black adults or children, but I hate black teenagers because of the shit they've given me. If any of you are black teenagers, I mean no offense to you. Everyone here in this thread is cool.

Hahaha, @Kelleo; that seemed like a good show too.

Surprisingly enough, I've gotten along great with black people. I'm always a little weary around them, a little cautious because everybody thinks they're freaking gang members and shit, but they're not. Black people are awesome! I swear a black person has never been mean to me, they're always so welcoming, so inviting, it's kind of hard for me to grasp at first. We usually get along pretty good with each other.

I also get along real good with Mexicans. Their really nice, too. Same as the black person. It's like in their nature to be really friendly. Out of all the Mexicans I've met, only one has bullied me, and pretty much the only one, too.