Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 71
Page 71 of 495 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 7424

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lucifer View Post
    i've cosplayed once as a wolf for halloween like two years ago. everyone thought i was a cat, though xD.
    You know, I kind of hate it when everyone mistakes your costume for something else. This has happened to me a couple times over too. The first time was that time I dressed up as a queen. Everyone else thought princess. Second was when I dressed up as a Fire Sage out of Fire Emblem (I did good on this costume too. Bought a generic dark red cape and black dress, made a vulnerary (a healing powder in a gold pouch) out of light brown fabric and pillow stuffing, and made an Elfire tome using an old book and paper. I drew the correct pattern on the computer, then printed it out, then taped it onto the front and back of the book). Everyone else thought some Harry Potter character. This especially annoyed me because I don't like Harry Potter and I never have. I'm just not interested in that kind of stuff. Witches, wizards, wands, bleh. Boring. I liked the magic users in Fire Emblem way more. They're not witches/wizards, they're generic mages that carry magic tomes that cast spells of fire, wind, thunder, light, or darkness. A bunch of 'em are pretty sweet too, like Arcfire, Meteor, Thani, Blizzard, Arcthunder, Arcwind, etc.

Speaking of characters, by the way, I thought of an interesting question to ask. Who are your favorite characters out of your stories?

Mine is Bryan for sure. He's from my Fire Emblem fic. I like him a lot because of the way his personality and backstory turned out. And he has wicked lancing skills because he practiced with one ever since he was a kid. He started early and he found that it was easy for him to learn. Lastly, the guy can be pretty badass lol.

Out of my Zelda fic, I can't really choose between Kelli or Dark Kelli. Kelli for her mysteriousness, mainly, and Dark Kelli because she's just badass and awesome. She's very flirtatious, she's brutal, she's the pure opposite of Kelli, as she's meant to be.

In Super Luigi, Luigi himself actually goes through some pretty interesting development and I'm liking him even more than I already do because of this. At first, he seeks the Battle Stars only so he can use their power to save Mario, Peach, and Yoshi and stop Bowser (whom has kidnapped and imprisoned them). But Luigi has also been jealous of Mario always being in the spotlight, and over time, his happiness about getting a turn to be the hero as well as his growing power begins getting to his head. He lets jealousy get the better of him, and eventually, Luigi starts plotting to leave Mario locked up so he can finally be the Mushroom Kingdom's hero while Mario is literally left in the shadows. He believes that with his new power, no one can touch him or the Mushroom Kingdom. We'll see if Mario and the others can snap him out of this insanity...

But of course, Daisy is always awesome as well, and she joins the adventure to give the green-clad plumber a helping hand, despite his eventual hidden intentions.

As for My Conquest, the only character worth noting, obviously, is Cilan, so I'm not going to talk about that one.

@Mitt Romney; It cost me about $200. Making a costume can often be really expensive, too, though not as expensive as buying. But it takes so much more time x.x
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

The Symphony of Science; a tribute to the marvels of science and nature.

commie bastard. an illegible mess.'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

in razayka my very old story, razayka and leolon were my favorites, as well as kage.
    as for why, i liked razayka because she was very much like me, and i liked leolon because he was just that clumsy goofball no one paid any attention to xD. i liked kage for being protective, fierce, and ambitious despite the fact that he knew he was going to be murdered by the antagonist.

in the devil's gift, my favorites had to be satan and sammy :P.
    satan because of his dark humor and sarcasm and the fact that he was such a goddamn asshole. xD. and he's cool looking. sammy because.... because i can relate to him so well because he was bullied for a long time because of his sexual orientation and his naive, innocent, and introverted personality. he was definitely different from the characters i mostly make, and he stood out to me. plus, his story simply makes you feel really bad for him, and how someone so innocent, not tainted from the horrors of the world, loses it all when he's murdered in a hate crime. i always had some weird special connection to him despite the fact he was one of my most short-lived characters ever, only surviving one chapter. xD.
    Last edited by an illegible mess.; 9th May 2012 at 03:52 PM.

In my fic..........my favorite character would likely be............Cosmic because of the history he has which will be revealed soonish~

Based on only what I've told the readers........Ramsey hands down

Guardian of the Galaxy Peter Quill's Avatar Forum HeadModerator
    Blog Entries

In my fic, definitely James Dalton.

Just because he's such a douche and yet... it's hard to truly hate him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Yaaaaay, I have FINALLY finished a new chapter for Super Luigi! I'll start posting the story here in a bit, as soon as I update my Fire Emblem fic's thread.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace

hm... i guess i can say i usually love all my characters xD. there are some that i just HATE though. i hated tora a lot in razayka, as well as lunalea and vilicio. and keenai sometimes.

in the devil's gift, i hated joseph (taylor's dad), jake (fucking son of a bitch *pummels him*), and i didn't really like natalie that much at first but i kind of warmed up to her in the end lol.

Blog Entries

In my Dragon Ball fic, my favorite character so far revealed is probably Poya. He's so fun to write, the way he can go from stern and strict to light-hearted at the tip of a hat is entertaining for me.

But overall, my favorite character is probably one who hasn't been introduced yet: a girl named Kora (no relation to the Avatar).

My favourite character from Different Eyes? My goodness... Probably Verity the sociopathic skarmory, because it's just so much fun to write an intelligent, sane, yet terrifingly amoral character. I just love the whole cast, though.

It's easier to choose with regard to my original works, but I don't post those here... the best character I've ever created is most certainly Agent Altair Grieve, an autistic Grey. She's got an interesting mentality.

Hmm, hard decision, really. Maybe Aaron, a guy from my upcoming fic. he's a total jerk, but he's more than intelligent enough to know that he's being one. :P The main heroine, Saya, I also like, she's the reflected kind who just goes around having a lot of thoughts about everything. I also like her mother's back story (yes, the main chara's mother is a recurring character, sue me :P).
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Just so you guys know, I've posted a new and improved Review Exchange. If you're worried about your fic not getting enough reviews, it might be something to look into.

Blog Entries

My favorite character in "Essence of Life" would probably be Gabriel. I don't know, I've never before written a character such as his before and I believe he makes an interesting protagonist. His whole life has been shrouded with tragedy and now that even greater tragedy falls upon him, he's forced to make the best out of it. The other would be Riley, definitely, especially in combination with Gabriel - I always have fun writing their conversations.

Third person could much likely turn out to be August, who has yet to be fully fleshed out as a character.

I like all of my characters, honestly. xD

Today, I endured my school making light of slavery, my initial literature coursework mark being lowered by 20% by a harsh teacher, having been given no justification nor opportunity to improve, dealing with idiots in literature whose gender politics belong in the mediaeval era, idiots in language class who talk about men's chest hair instead of the work, idiots in psychology who think homosexuality is a disease, endless rain, a bad cold, enormous exam-stress and pressure to revise, and being reminded by a nominal 'friend' that I don't actually have a life.

Sinite praesentiam fatuorum.

Quote Originally Posted by unrepentantAuthor View Post
    Sinite praesentiam fatuorum.
    My Latin isn't exactly up to shape...

And such a day must suck. I'm so glad I'm not in a class with overly religious, close-minded inbreds idiots who can't understand that certain misconceptions of theirs have actually been empirically proven wrong. Nor do I have to suffer ridiculous teachers (or when I do, I talk back to them until they give up or let me retry), or inattentive classmates in general...

Blog Entries

everyone sucks in my class. i got a zero in a group project that the teacher explained when i was absent and when i found out my group absolutely NO ONE approached me about it.

"ohhh, did you hear? that girl over there is a devil worshiper! i hear she threatens to sacrifice people to satan if they cross her path! she's also a lesbian; i bet that's why she's a satanist. i hear faggots like her are satan's spawn. it's disgusting! she's disgusting! she's so ugly, i hope she kills herself soon. i don't like seeing her face at all."

i get comments like this behind my back all the time.

i turn around and i'm all like, "you know i'm not deaf, right?" and they give me these stupid looks like "OHHH WE WERE TALKING ABOUT ANOTHER PERSON DURR HURR."

lol yeah like i could see you pointing at the wall and meaning THE WALL. okay.

fucking douchebags. i'm tired of school. i was homeschooled just because of all this shit, and i go back thinking people have at least matured, but no, they still think they're smart and doing some good by making an already clinically depressed teenager even more fucked up. thanks a lot cunt bags.

<.<