Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 70
Page 70 of 467 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 6996

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

  1. #1036
    Reality is a dream TheLlama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    372

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    But Halloween costumes are not the same as cosplay! :C

    Herpaderp, oh well. We don't have Halloween in Norway (we dress up for New Year's Eve and sing carols for candy, instead).

    And yes, I do cosplay myself. More on the subject when I'm not out of time.
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

    "You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

    "Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

    The Symphony of Science; a tribute to the marvels of science and nature.


  2. #1037
    Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pokemon Stadium
    Posts
    5,745
    Blog Entries
    52

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    My favorite Halloween costume was the year I want as Link (I painstakingly made every last item from the original Zelda game using the manual as a reference). But then it rained Halloween night and all my "items" got wet.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

    SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

  3. #1038
    Secret Sword of Justice Kelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,174
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Ooh, my favorite one has to be my old golden fairy costume that my mom actually made herself (with instructions though). I still have it and I plan to give it to my four year old cousin. It's so beautiful.

  4. #1039
    Wordsmith unrepentantAuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    United Kingdom/Hoenn
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Never cosplayed myself, but I sometimes have the inclination to try.
    What's amusing is that due to my leather jacket and epic hat, everyone thinks I cosplay Indiana Jones. I don't. Harrison Ford cosplays me.

  5. #1040
    Reader and Writer Legacy's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,558
    Blog Entries
    66

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    I've never cosplayed but I'm a fan. Especially when attractive girls cosplay as scantily clad characters!

    Coming Soon...

  6. #1041
    Stray Dog Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Why do you care
    Posts
    60,690
    Blog Entries
    153
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    I've never coplayed, mostly cause I don't really like it that much, I can't waste money on costumes and I don't have enough things to make my own.
    @Legacy; that doesn't apply to just you xD

  7. #1042
    Reality is a dream TheLlama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    372

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    I've never cosplayed but I'm a fan. Especially when attractive girls cosplay as scantily clad characters!
    As a fellow cosplayer, I get to come up and close with said girls. Even know a few of them quite well :") It's the reason I started cosplaying
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

    "You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

    "Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

    The Symphony of Science; a tribute to the marvels of science and nature.


  8. #1043

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Lets see, age wise, I ain't telling, you just have to figure that out cause I think I already said it, and you can probably figure it out on your own

    Quote wise, man, I have so many quotes in my head that I never use since I'm always looking for that special quote which people can read and love. One of the ones I want to use is:
    "Why does it have to be me? Because I can't do anything else?"
    "No, because you're the only one which can do it!"

    Another one which I actually thought of when I woke up in the middle of the night and I made sure to write down it:
    "I have everything I've ever needed, I haven't had to work for anything."
    "Then you have never truly lived."

    Cosplay wise, I have wanted a decent tophat for years so that I can go as the good professor/gentleman. If you know who I mean, 30 picarats for you

  9. #1044
    Stray Dog Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Why do you care
    Posts
    60,690
    Blog Entries
    153
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    I've never cosplayed but I'm a fan. Especially when attractive girls cosplay as scantily clad characters!
    As a fellow cosplayer, I get to come up and close with said girls. Even know a few of them quite well :") It's the reason I started cosplaying

    Only reason as to why I would ever cosplay xD but it's hard to come up with costumes.

  10. #1045
    The First Homunculus Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    2,674

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    I know kids are more immature than the average adult, but I think it really think it depends on your mindset.

  11. #1046
    Reality is a dream TheLlama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    372

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Haze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    I've never cosplayed but I'm a fan. Especially when attractive girls cosplay as scantily clad characters!
    As a fellow cosplayer, I get to come up and close with said girls. Even know a few of them quite well :") It's the reason I started cosplaying

    Only reason as to why I would ever cosplay xD but it's hard to come up with costumes.
    Just buy your costume, then. I bought a Lelouch costume (main character of anime series Code Geass if one did not know), and got so much attention I wanted to just gtfo... :P
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

    "You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

    "Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

    The Symphony of Science; a tribute to the marvels of science and nature.


  12. #1047
    sink. an illegible mess.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    florida, usa
    Posts
    1,182
    Blog Entries
    254
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    eh, i think i'm pretty mature for my age. i mean, i'm definitely more mature than the people at school. ._. everyone else acts like monkeys, and it's pathetic almost.

    i've cosplayed once as a wolf for halloween like two years ago. everyone thought i was a cat, though xD.

  13. #1048
    Stray Dog Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Why do you care
    Posts
    60,690
    Blog Entries
    153
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Haze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    I've never cosplayed but I'm a fan. Especially when attractive girls cosplay as scantily clad characters!
    As a fellow cosplayer, I get to come up and close with said girls. Even know a few of them quite well :") It's the reason I started cosplaying

    Only reason as to why I would ever cosplay xD but it's hard to come up with costumes.
    Just buy your costume, then. I bought a Lelouch costume (main character of anime series Code Geass if one did not know), and got so much attention I wanted to just gtfo... :P
    Don't have the money though xD my own money I mean I don't wanna ask for money just to buy a costume.

  14. #1049
    Guardian of the Galaxy Peter Quill's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    33,849
    Blog Entries
    565

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Haze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Haze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    I've never cosplayed but I'm a fan. Especially when attractive girls cosplay as scantily clad characters!
    As a fellow cosplayer, I get to come up and close with said girls. Even know a few of them quite well :") It's the reason I started cosplaying

    Only reason as to why I would ever cosplay xD but it's hard to come up with costumes.
    Just buy your costume, then. I bought a Lelouch costume (main character of anime series Code Geass if one did not know), and got so much attention I wanted to just gtfo... :P
    Don't have the money though xD my own money I mean I don't wanna ask for money just to buy a costume.
    Yeah from what I've seen decent cosplays are wicked expensive to buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

  15. #1050
    sink. an illegible mess.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    florida, usa
    Posts
    1,182
    Blog Entries
    254
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    yeah, especially when you make them yourself. fursuits are definitely a bitch, at least that i've heard. i'm not one of those kinds of people xD.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •