Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 57
Page 57 of 451 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    ...I seriously don't get the love for that game. I hated TWW. It's the only Zelda game I've played that I truly hate, actually.
    And why is that, if I may ask?

Wind Waker happened to be the game that introduced me to the Zelda franchise (including the Ocarina of Time copy which followed with it), so i find it special to me, personally. But my personal favorites would be A link to the Past (which I got through Virtual Console) and Twilight Princess for the GameCube.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Post Thanks / Like

I never really fell in love with Wind Waker. Nor did I enjoy the DS games. I enjoyed every other game in the series though (aside skyward sword... haven't even gathered the bother to finish it).
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

The Symphony of Science; a tribute to the marvels of science and nature.

Run through any Wall Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

I just like how they took a different route from the norm of the Zelda universe, I felt it gave the game a new feel and a new world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

YESSSSS. i got in contact with that zoo for my research paper finally :'D things are looking up i guess, thank satan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Tophat Dragoneye View Post
    And why is that, if I may ask?
    A lot of reasons. It's way too easy (freaking easiest game I ever played), the dungeons bored me, the storyline bored me, the characters bored me, everything just bored me. I did like the idea of sailing through a large overworld with a bunch of islands, but I felt that this was ruined by having the islands be so tiny while the sea was largely empty aside from a few submarines here and there. I also felt that the game was too short and didn't have enough dungeons (I even heard that there was supposed to be a dungeon to go through in order to get Nayru's Pearl, but it got scrapped. Such a stupid move). This is something I didn't like about Majora's Mask as well.

The only thing I liked at all about TWW was collecting Treasure Charts and that's really only because I like collecting things like that in games. A few of the songs were nice as well, but other than that, I hated the game.

Llama_Guy: You're the first person I've ever seen seriously say he doesn't like Skyward Sword. Everyone else I know loves it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

I haven't really played Skyward.

Well I guess that explains why Phantom Hourglass had so many dungeons, I never finished the game cause the last dungeon was just too long and hard to go through.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace

the only zelda games i've played are the original two, twilight princess, and skyward sword.

Post Thanks / Like

YESSSSS. i got in contact with that zoo for my research paper finally :'D things are looking up i guess, thank satan.
    Congratulations! What kind of research paper are you doing?
    Three Times the Isshu: A Nuzlocke Novelization of Pokemon Black and White by Rai Thunder
    Under One Sky - An Ask/RP blog for the characters of Three Times the Isshu and the unpublished fic Flying High(Diving Deep). Stop in, ask questions, get some answers.
    Review Exchange
    No matter what you do, I will be who I will be. The question is, who are you?

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We all got our preferences when it comes to games, there's no denying that. For me, Phantom Hourglass was a decent attempt by Nintendo trying to make a DS game, but didn't met the expectations. But they remedied that with Spirit Tracks, which i enjoyed playing, especially the locomotive part (I'm a sucker for old school stuff :) ).

Congrats, Lady Lucifer, best of luck with your research paper.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

it's on wolves bahaha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Haze View Post
    I haven't really played Skyward.

Well I guess that explains why Phantom Hourglass had so many dungeons, I never finished the game cause the last dungeon was just too long and hard to go through.
    I was enjoying PH until the Temple of the Ocean King started annoying me. Then I gave up. I'm still working on Spirit Tracks though. It's an awesome game. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

So I wasn't the only one that got annoyed by that fucking temple

I never bought Spirit Tracks sadly, I should've done it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

PH was fun in my opinion, and yes the ocean king temple got annoying after the tenth time I went in yay free boat parts

I personally loved the ending thanks to that oh so lovely character development

ST I just loved, but I thought it was too short. I need more sidequests man!

TWW I loved it so much, there was just so much that could be done if you just took the time to try to do them. The Nintendo Gallery sidequest was awesome since actually taking neat pictures mid battle is so difficult. I loved being able to just sail out into the vast sea and just take in how large the world was. Despite there being lots of empty space, it just felt nice to realize that there are places with nothing visible, but as the charts soon showed me, there are hidden surprises.

Also, noticed I got nominated. Yay!!! I'll have my nominations up as soon as I decide who to nominate for what.

Post Thanks / Like

@Kelleo; Really? Most people I know really disliked it. It's just too bland and boring compared to many others. Also, I really like it when they give you a sense of an open, large adventure. Skyward has levels that are designed in a cramped and closed fashion. Me no gusta.

Thanks for nominating me, guys :D I really didn't think I'd get one. My new fic will be up by the end of the week (among midterms, exams and preparing for an anime con this weekend, it's hard to find time to write, but it's coming along, steadily).
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

The Symphony of Science; a tribute to the marvels of science and nature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Add Kelleo on Facebook

And I still haven't been nominated yet... I've read some stuff myself, but I haven't found anything that I'd like to nominate yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Guy View Post
    @Kelleo; Really? Most people I know really disliked it. It's just too bland and boring compared to many others. Also, I really like it when they give you a sense of an open, large adventure. Skyward has levels that are designed in a cramped and closed fashion. Me no gusta.
    Wait, disliked what? TWW or Skyward Sword? Also, the former definitely wasn't a large adventure. It's like half as long as Skyward Sword, yet Skyward Sword has an overworld that's just as big.