Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 56
Page 56 of 559 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156556 ... LastLast

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Stray Dog Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Don't worry there's still two weeks left, I can edit my post at soem point.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Haze View Post
    Don't worry there's still two weeks left, I can edit my post at soem point.
    Read my edit. xP But you're free to do as you wish. And just because there are two weeks left doesn't mean people won't be done nominating long before then. I've seen it happen.

Then again, I've also seen last minute votes/nominations change everything. I was about to win first place along with someone else in a contest once. But a last minute vote put me in second. It really pissed me off, actually. I hate when stuff like that happens.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

That's why we're given two weeks xD so that if we end up reading another story and liking it we can put it up, plus it's not just the story that matter, the characters do as well.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

That's why we're given two weeks xD so that if we end up reading another story and liking it we can put it up, plus it's not just the story that matter, the characters do as well.
    Well, that's true. And if the reputation of my FE fic is any indication, I guess I do still have a pretty good chance.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

I actually want to ask a question, how come you only have non Pokemon fics?

Add Kelleo on Facebook

I actually want to ask a question, how come you only have non Pokemon fics?
    Huh? No I don't. I told you, I have a Cilan fic too. Cilan is a Pokemon character. It's only a one-shot, but it's a Pokemon fic nonetheless. xP

I just find I'm more interested in writing fiction for Fire Emblem and Zelda. I find it more exciting, not to mention I don't like Pokemon quite as much as I like those series. Don't get me wrong, I still think Pokemon is awesome. I have a ton of cards, some figurines, and plushies and most of the main series games starting from Crystal (I'm only missing Sapphire and LeafGreen, both of which I used to have before they mysteriously vanished...). It's just that I prefer Zelda and FE when it comes to fanfiction.

Blog Entries

Kelleo, I'd really like to read your Zelda fic but unfortunately I haven't got a slightest clue about the Zelda franchise as I rarely played any games (I know, I'm like a social outcast, haha). So yes, I guess if I was familiar with the franchise I'd read it but since I'm not - I find it really hard to bring myself to read such fics. :/

That's why I mostly stick to reading Pokémon fics since I'm pretty much familiar with each an every aspect of it, whether it's anime or games.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Kelleo, I'd really like to read your Zelda fic but unfortunately I haven't got a slightest clue about the Zelda franchise as I rarely played any games (I know, I'm like a social outcast, haha). So yes, I guess if I was familiar with the franchise I'd read it but since I'm not - I find it really hard to bring myself to read such fics. :/

That's why I mostly stick to reading Pokémon fics since I'm pretty much familiar with each an every aspect of it, whether it's anime or games.
    Hey, that's completely understandable. I don't feel comfortable reading fics for games or franchises that I'm not familiar with either. I do try to explain things as best as I can for those who do though.

If you rarely play video games though, how do can you be so familiar with Pokemon? o.O

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Pokemon is basically a video game that everyone has played or knows about xD even video game noobs have at least touched a Pokemon game at least once in their lives.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    If you rarely play video games though, how do can you be so familiar with Pokemon? o.O
    Haha, pardon my bad choice of words. I meant, I rarely played any Zelda games.

I say rarely because I'm certain I played it once before but it was such a long time ago that I can barely remember. Though I'm inclined to play them at some point as the split timeline of the games really interests me, haha.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Pokemon is basically a video game that everyone has played or knows about xD even video game noobs have at least touched a Pokemon game at least once in their lives.
    Oh, I thought that was Mario. No, really. Every gamer I've ever met in my life knows of Mario or has played it. xP

I'm personally a huge fan of that series as well. Which is why I started writing Super Luigi (and I intend to post it here as well when I finally update it again).

Tsutarja: Ah, I see. My bad lol. And you should play Zelda. It's a widely loved series. I recommend A Link to the Past, The Minish Cap, Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, and Skyward Sword. Skyward Sword is personally my favorite game, followed closely by Minish Cap.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

I've only played Ocarina of Time, Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass, I played halfway through Wind Waker which is so far my favorite Zelda game next to Ocarina.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

I've only played Ocarina of Time, Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass, I played halfway through Wind Waker which is so far my favorite Zelda game next to Ocarina.
    ...I seriously don't get the love for that game. I hated TWW. It's the only Zelda game I've played that I truly hate, actually.

Wind Waker was a pretty fun game. I've played most of the GBA/DS/Game Cube Zelda games, as Ocarina and Wind Waker are definitely in my top three. But in my experience, Zelda is one of those games people love or hate; I've never really seen much in-between space for that series as a whole.
    Three Times the Isshu: A Nuzlocke Novelization of Pokemon Black and White by Rai Thunder
    Under One Sky - An Ask/RP blog for the characters of Three Times the Isshu and the unpublished fic Flying High(Diving Deep). Stop in, ask questions, get some answers.
    Review Exchange
    No matter what you do, I will be who I will be. The question is, who are you?

commie bastard. an illegible mess.'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

bahaha, thanks to the people who have nominated my fic already! <3 i appreciate your support. i'll get to nominating soon, i have a research paper i have to finish, and a chapter i promised to finish but never did :P.

tumblr.|ao3.|ff.net.|8tracks.
    .self-assured mutual destruction.