Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

@Chaosj2; do you want me to write a prequel with Scyther xD

Blog Entries

YES

Use it to explain what the pokéworld is like in WtoW. And toss in some badassery because Scyther was just that awesome

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

He barely did anything xD but I still liked him ;( poor guy.

I might just consider it.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

i don't even know what i'd do for a prequel of my story. i basically explain everything from the past in my story xD. i guess i could do a little more with the character that did die... hm.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosj2 View Post
    Sucks when a good char dies, just makes you feel all empty.....
    Well, bad things are going to happen in stories, just like bad things happen in real life. It would be boring if everything was happy and peaceful all the time. In fact, there wouldn't even really be much of a story to tell if something bad didn't happen.

For example, the characters in my Fire Emblem fic go through a lot of hardships and bad experiences. Ike nearly dies after being poisoned, for example. It puts a lot of pressure on his friends and allies. And prevailing helps them grow stronger. And there's a whole war going on where many lives are lost. Several characters lose their homes in a short time, and some even lose friends or loved ones.

Of course I feel bad for the characters, but all this stuff in addition to the happy times makes for an excellent story.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace

i just like emotional stories, ones that draw you in and you feel bad for all the hardships they face. god, just thinking about the character i killed off makes me want to cry; it's not like he didn't have a hard life to begin with.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

I like emotional stories too, but I don't like it when I actually cry... That's just...well, a little TOO emotional for me.

Blog Entries

it's a good thing you didn't read my story then. xD. i cried A LOT when writing it; especially at the end. i cried so hard over this character though because i had a REALLY tight bond with him. i mean, he basically lived a life much like my own, what with being bullied as well as being homosexual. i like characters i can really relate to, which is why half of mine are usually bi-sexual or gay because i'm a lesbian LOL. i just understand them more and that's what makes the character liked. i put so much effort into crafting my characters; especially this one, who was a hard one at first. i had never really made a sensitive character like this one before, nor had i made one with so much innocence, but that's what made me like him more, and cry over him more when he died because he was murdered in a hate crime.

gah. ;_; i feel like i revealed too much already to those who are still reading it and are awaiting the last chapter, lol. sammyyyyyy /sob.

Blog Entries

@Kelleo yeah, I understand all that about bad stuff happening, in fact I've already killed off some of my favorite chars in other stories so I know how it feels. I don't try to control the story, instead I let it get its own life and will often screw over my ideas so that their story will reach the right ending. I know it has to happen, but it still sucks.

Blog Entries

yeah. right before i write what's going to happen, i think about it and usually i don't cry so i think i'll be okay but then i end up breaking down when i'm writing it x_x.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Lady Lucifer: Yeah, I'm always careful about how much I reveal myself. No matter how much I would love to hear what people think. xP

Chaosj2: Ah, I see. Yeah, it does suck, I guess. For some reason though, I don't really feel that way. It's not that I don't care about my characters. Of course I feel sorry for when they go through any horrible experiences. I just think it's all so interesting and keeps me wanting to read more. Well, usually.

I HAVE been made to cry before, after all.

Well, the thing is, whether you like it or not killing off characters just has to happen sometimes, usually to keep readers interested and sometimes for character development or shock value.

Take Gurren Lagann for example, at first you'd never had expected them to kill
    and he was like one of the most awesome characters ever.

COMING SOON!

Hey guys, what's up? I'm nearing 2,000 posts so I'm just posting like crazy! I wanna get 2,000 by the end of today

Blog Entries

That's........almost 9,000!!!!! (not really)

Just remember to avoid spamming :P

So, I'm having finals(thus not writing as much as I want) anybody else suffering through this?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosj2 View Post
    So, I'm having finals(thus not writing as much as I want) anybody else suffering through this?
    Same here bro, and it's funny how you describe it as "Suffering" because that's exactly what it is.

COMING SOON!