Please tell me you're actually seriou xD

Less cute in person Beth Pavell's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Flaze View Post
    Please tell me you're actually seriou xD
    Serious about making you cry ;)
    The Long Walk
    For Joshua Cook, it's a long walk away from his dull life to the Pokémon League. But does he really want to be the very best? A coming-of-age story of adventure, friendship and growing up in the world of Pokémon.

Pavell's Scribbledegook Week XI - Pokémon Taxonomy: Squirtle Line

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beth Pavell View Post
    Flaze, dear, could you please recommend a couple of anime series?

Keep it going, I've got a lot of these.

Stray Dog Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Well @Beth Pavell; I don't care if you're serious or not but either way I recommend you watch Psychopass ; p it's the anime I'm theming right now. It's a really great detective anime that doesnt'really feel as an anime and well...it's got a lot of great themes and focuses on a lot of interesting issues.

I'm not Flaze, but I recommend Berserk.

Today I picked up on a neat writing technique. While reading a segment following four characters, I jumped back to the prologue, then jumped back a couple of books and realized something. These characters had died and become a part of another character. A Machinist with No Name; their development was essentially being used to show how events two books back affected the psyche of the Machinist with No Name.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Just a reminder that it has been two weeks and Beth Pavell's lovely The Long Walk is in the Review Game still: I know that about everyone on here has read the story, so why not post a review and help it move along? I would do it myself, but I am waiting to rewrite the earlier Galactic chapters before I request again.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Into Darkness Peering Rediamond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, anyone in the States doing anything with a (potentially) long weekend? I don't have classes today and live too far away to go home for a weekend, so I've mostly just been chilling with people on my floor and playing Civilization V.

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Working on a video game I've been building and brainstorming a new fantasy Pokeworld
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Blog Entries

Ooo, Civilization V, I'd love to have a game with people who have it.

Into Darkness Peering Rediamond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Multiplayer Civ V takes forever, though...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rediamond View Post
    Multiplayer Civ V takes forever, though...
    Not really, if you put a timer on it.

Blog Entries
    Follow Eliza Prescott On Twitter

The problem with putting a turn timer on is that the game is objectively bad with multiplayer. I can't count how many times my turn has ended before I was able to move my first unit, because the host wouldn't recognize that I'm feverishly trying to click my units around to wake it up. Not to mention the myriad of games I've been in where we've lost 30+ minutes because of a random crash or the host's internet going down briefly.

I really hope that Beyond Earth overhauls the multiplayer netcode, because it's current iteration is an embarrassment.

Storm Island
    :: Twitter :: DeviantArt

A Lannister always pays her debts.

No guarantee I'll be able to make a game of Civ 5, but if anyone wants to add me, here ya go.
    Don't know what to put here.

Hello, there, Bulbagarden. It's been awhile.

I'm honestly not sure what to expect, returning here after so long. It's a little longer than two years now since I was last a regular poster, I believe. If many of the people I knew here are even still around, I don't know if they'd remember me. I don't expect they'd remember my writing. Like I said, it's been awhile. I suppose I should explain myself a little. Life is complicated and full of events not easily delineated in a forum post written at gone-midnight, UK time, but I'll make an effort nonetheless.

Recently, I made the largest victories in my life so far against my mental illness, experiencing a long and sustained streak of days without depressive or anxious thought dominating my mind. I've cut ties with damaging people in my life. I've submitted 35,000 words of late university work after a disastrous year or stress and worry. I've overcome daunting personal challenges, from rethinking my life and persona, to moving into a shared flat with fellow students, to starting my first offline - and my first non-abusive - relationship. Yesterday, on the 31st, I turned twenty years old.

I've changed a lot, as have my personal circumstances. Almost entirely for the better. I have good, close friends in real life, a stable emotional psyche, a great partner, and I'm no longer locked in a struggle with my own writing. Most of the aforementioned 35,000 words were fiction I was genuinely proud of writing. Now, two years ago, I left this forum because I had a crisis of confidence in my work, especially Different Eyes, and in my life in general. I fell out with people, struggled with an abusive partner, and was deeply unhappy in school and apprehensive about my coming university life. I've wanted to return, but never felt truly able, either in spirit or capacity.

Now, however, I feel I can, and so I shall. I returned home today from a family break, to find an automated message from this forum wishing me well on my birthday - and I remembered all the times I've contemplated coming back here and writing Different Eyes again. Some of you may remember @TheLlama, the young man from Norway who joined this website, and then left it, around the same times as I did. We stayed in contact, you see. He's visiting me in person right now, and we decided in conversation today to do as I've long been considering, and try again here.

So, hello! A second time to some, I hope. Hello, Bulbagarden.

It feels good to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by unrepentantAuthor View Post
    Hello, there, Bulbagarden. It's been awhile.

I'm honestly not sure what to expect, returning here after so long. It's a little longer than two years now since I was last a regular poster, I believe. If many of the people I knew here are even still around, I don't know if they'd remember me. I don't expect they'd remember my writing. Like I said, it's been awhile. I suppose I should explain myself a little. Life is complicated and full of events not easily delineated in a forum post written at gone-midnight, UK time, but I'll make an effort nonetheless.

Recently, I made the largest victories in my life so far against my mental illness, experiencing a long and sustained streak of days without depressive or anxious thought dominating my mind. I've cut ties with damaging people in my life. I've submitted 35,000 words of late university work after a disastrous year or stress and worry. I've overcome daunting personal challenges, from rethinking my life and persona, to moving into a shared flat with fellow students, to starting my first offline - and my first non-abusive - relationship. Yesterday, on the 31st, I turned twenty years old.

I've changed a lot, as have my personal circumstances. Almost entirely for the better. I have good, close friends in real life, a stable emotional psyche, a great partner, and I'm no longer locked in a struggle with my own writing. Most of the aforementioned 35,000 words were fiction I was genuinely proud of writing. Now, two years ago, I left this forum because I had a crisis of confidence in my work, especially Different Eyes, and in my life in general. I fell out with people, struggled with an abusive partner, and was deeply unhappy in school and apprehensive about my coming university life. I've wanted to return, but never felt truly able, either in spirit or capacity.

Now, however, I feel I can, and so I shall. I returned home today from a family break, to find an automated message from this forum wishing me well on my birthday - and I remembered all the times I've contemplated coming back here and writing Different Eyes again. Some of you may remember @TheLlama, the young man from Norway who joined this website, and then left it, around the same times as I did. We stayed in contact, you see. He's visiting me in person right now, and we decided in conversation today to do as I've long been considering, and try again here.

So, hello! A second time to some, I hope. Hello, Bulbagarden.

It feels good to be back.
    Welcome back! I personally do not know you, as I just joined fairly recently compared to most of the others around here. However, seeing more writers, be they new or returning, is something that will help this community grow. It always makes me smile when I see people decide to rejoin
    friends, old and new alike.