Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 376

Page 376 of 400 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 5998
Like Tree761Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Anyone ever have a go at something like this Fanfic Drinking Game? I dare not try it here, I can't hold that much alcohol Joke, best I'd get is a little tipsy perhaps. After a few fics
    The Long Walk
    For Joshua Cook, it's a long walk away from his dull life to the Pokémon League. But does he really want to be the very best? A coming-of-age story of adventure, friendship and growing up in the world of Pokémon.

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

A sip for each author's note? Unpredictable would get you hammered.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

- Sign up for AA if the fanfic in question is My Immortal - Best damn part of that :p

Just a reminder here that the Awards are starting soon so get updating if you have not yet done so

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pavell View Post
    Anyone ever have a go at something like this Fanfic Drinking Game? I dare not try it here, I can't hold that much alcohol Joke, best I'd get is a little tipsy perhaps. After a few fics
    Whoo! None of my stories here would get you past one or two sips of very watered down booze!

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    Whoo! None of my stories here would get you past one or two sips of very watered down booze!
    The Long Walk wouldn't give you much to drink, looks like. The game seems to focus on shipping and canon characters. Still might be fun to try out at some point, though!
    The Long Walk
    For Joshua Cook, it's a long walk away from his dull life to the Pokémon League. But does he really want to be the very best? A coming-of-age story of adventure, friendship and growing up in the world of Pokémon.

Blog Entries

Yeah, Pokemon fics tend to have their own set of tropes apart from most other fanfiction. We still have the shippers, but the cliche fics (journey fics) are very different.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

So I got my hand on my friend's Batman comic collection a few weeks ago and I've been casually going through them... Oh my god, Batman is so incredibly dark... I thought the Chris Nolan movies took things a bit far, but jesus.

It's mostly the Joker being just one cold bastard (killing people as punishment after they've made the decision to save someone else's life, indiscriminately spree killing people in horrifying ways in broad daylight, etc), but I'm surprised things like that could even be put out to a youth audience. I mean, it's the kind of stuff that makes news reports we hear on the evening news look like child's play.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Blog Entries

The 2014 Spring Awards have begun!

3 hours late but that's cause I'm completely terrible with New Zealand's timezone
    AceTrainer14 likes this.

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I have sent in my nomination--entered "The Kalos Connection" into the fray just to see how it does. I'm not expecting it to win anything, but I'll be really happy if it does.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Blog Entries

Ooh, non-authorial nominations are allowed this time! Hopefully that'll open the awards up a bit this time around. As I mentioned to AceTrainer14 I shan't be entering myself unless nominations need a little padding for the sake of competition.

In other news, the reason I'm posting this at 4am GMT is because I am coughing myself raw. This damn cold has morphed into one hell of a chest-ripping cough literally overnight!
    The Long Walk

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

/me pops in

Hey um, since this place has good writers it must mean we have some good editors also, right? So um, anyone care to proofread an essay I'm writing for school? Thought about posting stuff like this before but I figure now's as good a time any to begin. Topic: Lewis Carroll and his poetry.

And sorry I haven't been active like I have said I was. I can make excuse after excuse but it boils down to not having stable internet. As in goes out several times a day for hours at a time and having a 30GB cap for my whole family, none of which seem to realize how little it is(As in My Mom and little sister don't, Dad does on the other hand). So yeah, if you need to contact me either go email(should have one listed) or twitter (goes in through phone).

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

Blog Entries

In other news, the reason I'm posting this at 4am GMT is because I am coughing myself raw. This damn cold has morphed into one hell of a chest-ripping cough literally overnight!
    Good on you for getting up and actually doing something with your sleepless time. I was in the same situation last month and just laid in bed awake hating myself (and hacking into my pillow so I wouldn't wake up my roommate) until the sun came up. Hope you get better soon!

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    /me pops in

Hey um, since this place has good writers it must mean we have some good editors also, right? So um, anyone care to proofread an essay I'm writing for school? Thought about posting stuff like this before but I figure now's as good a time any to begin. Topic: Lewis Carroll and his poetry.
    Hey, so my knowledge of Lewis Carroll could probably fit on the back of a postage stamp, but I'm happy to look at it from an outsider's perspective or something! ^^

Blog Entries

I know I'm talking to the wrong people here, but...

Denver Rapidash vs the Seattle Wingulls

TYPE EFFECTIVENESS, BITCH.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I can't wait until I find a job...maybe then I'll stop stressing enough to actually write something. I don't want to call Heart of Crystal dead, but it's starting to look like that might be the case...writing this Whitney battle was fucking tedious even before I had to worry about being employed. It doesn't help that I'm getting distracted by other fandoms - mainly Team Fortress 2, Warriors (aka Warrior Cats), and Fire Emblem: Awakening. Maybe I should give up on long, complex, multi-chapter endeavors...

lazy excuses from a lazy person are lazy
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"