Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 37

Page 37 of 399 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

I tried writing a oneshot a couple years ago about Silver. The idea was that it would tell of his life, skipping in between several places. Ariana was his mother, and Giovanni was his father, and his sister was Mars. Those three things were what was gonna be the shock at the end, giving it a creepypasta feel. It sucked so much...

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

the one reason why i hated razayka so much is because the plot was SO unoriginal. a wolf with special powers. who hasn't heard of that story before? i have. there are many comics and animations online that deal with a wolf with special powers. god. i wrote it when i was a weeaboo AND a wolfaboo. goddamn. japanese isn't even that great of a language anyway, i don't know why i was so obsessed with it :/

Argh, I hate myself so much right now. I want to go work on my secret writing project thing, but I'm too lazy. This happens with EVERYTHING!!!! I always am too lazy to write, but when I start, I get
    really into writing. ARGHHHH :/

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

On your defense everything has been done before xD it just depends on how you do it.

I'm a...weird case really, I believe in god but I also believe in evolution and all that, I don't really go to church or anything I just believe there's something there, actually I watched a Futurama episode yesterday that made me think about it.

But mostly I believe in spiritualism, which just means that you believe in god and spirits and that anything that seems imposible or "miraculous" was meant or not meant to happen. The belief of what happens after death seems better to me too at least, mainly when you die you always go to some place like a sort of personal hell to you, once there you spend as many years as you need (though spirits don't have recognition of time) there and once you realize the error of your way and are truly willing to change you are taken to a sort of paradise like place, but if you don't keep it up you're sent back.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace

there are times when i get these random bursts of writing at the most inappropriate of times. like, when i'm out of town and away from my computer, i REALLY want to write, and then i come back and i don't want to write anymore. it's weird.

andddd, i finally got some more stuff done on the last chapter of the devil's gift. hooray. getting close to the really sad emo parts ;;

^That happens ALL the time. I'll get the urge to write when I'm away from my computer. When I get home, it'll be gone. And I'll just be like:

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Yeah it happens during the worst times, mostly because when you're not writing you begin to brainstorm but when you get down to writing your brain can't remember anymore cause it just wasn't thinking in a way that it would stay there for long.

Yeah. They call that short-term memory. It's used by your brain for phone numbers and other things like that. It's basically when you brain only needs to remember something for a small amount of time. Things like shopping lists, random Web links, etc.

Long-term memory is when you brain literally commits something to memory. Your average memory that everyone refers to basically. My guess is, when your brainstorming, your thoughts are all random and come out in random bursts. Since it's so spontaneous, it's just remembered for a short period of time, before more spontaneous thoughts come in. There's still bits of it left though in your memory, I assume, because if you try hard enough, you may be able to remember some parts here and there, but most likely not the whole thing.

..Something like that, anyway XD.

Blog Entries

i find myself being more productive in a different scenery. writing at school, for instance, gets me more into it than if i did it at home. i can get a lot more done at home though, but in more time than i could at school.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Don't get me started on writing surges while sleeping, by the time you get up everything you thought about is messed up.

Blog Entries

OMG SAME. that always happens to me. right before i fall asleep i start thinking of writing stuff and then i fall asleep xD.

I think of writing stuff, but not just that, ideas for all kinds of stuff. Movies, Video Games, Manga, you name it.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Getting the opportunity and will to write to line up can be a challenge, but when I do, I can go for hours. Once I'm on a roll, I can just keep going. Sometimes I can forget to eat and stuff like that. Do you guys ever get that?

On a side note, I just wanted to request that when starting new topics of conversation in this Chat Thread, that if they are to do with writing, you just start a thread in the Writer's Block instead. This is just to keep things a little more organised and so this Chat Thread doesn't kill the Writer's Block as a whole. You won't get infracted or warned for not complying with this since it's pretty difficult to enforce fairly, and I don't wanna limit how enjoyable this thread can be for people - this is just a friendly request. Thanks guys.

No problem ^^

Yeah that DOES happen to me. Not as extreme as forgetting to eat, but it does happen. Problem is, my creativity is awe-ing when pushed to the limit I can make amazing rap lyrics and stories, and think of all sorts of epic things for movies and video games.

Only setback is..I'm not in control of when it turns on ^^'

@unrepentantAuthor; that very much depends on what you want with your trip. It's got a magical winter atmosphere, is great for star-gazing (in winter that is, during summer months the main attraction in the sky is the midnight sun), and you get to shoot rabid polar bears if you're lucky. Aside that, it's cold, windy and generally inhospitable. Oh, and don't forget snow scooters and husky riding.

I haven't been there myself, but my brother spent a month there working with his master's thesis (something regarding the aurora), he found it very nice (he's an amateur photographer), but not something he'd definitely re-visit.

As for religion: I'm an agnostic deist. Deist in the broadest sense of the word. That is, I feel right when believing in a divine presence. Maybe it's a denial of this scary and meaningless reality, maybe it's just how my spirituality is, but I believe it and it feels right. But there's no way to realistically prove or disprove the divine, thus the agnostic part. But that's an empirical thought, and very much separate from my faith (I believe strongly that faith and empiricism should be separate, for the previously stated reasons regarding proof).
    Flaze likes this.
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

The Symphony of Science; a tribute to the marvels of science and nature.