Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 359
Page 359 of 526 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 7889

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

I am going to do a poll about the Awards once these ones have finished and discuss the future of them.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Tophat Dragoneye View Post
    It's actually 3 times per year, Kelleo.
    Oh. Huh, I could've sworn it was only two times. Oh well. xP

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Apologises for the continued delay with the Awards, I would have hoped things would have been done before now but one judge has gone completely AWOL so this largely set us back quite a lot due to the number of categories they left uncompleted. However, LightningTopaz and harryheart have come in to save the day and we should have the final categories completed within a few days, so big ups to them :D

I think NaNo has affected my stats over on FanFiction.net :P Not getting that many readers over there at the mo, and Im wondering how much that event has to do with it

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gotta admit, I'm hoping to hear the results about the awards soon, since I'm curious about the results, which I assume everyone else are as well. A shame about one of the judges gone AWOL.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Less cute in person Beth Pavell's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tophat Dragoneye View Post
    Gotta admit, I'm hoping to hear the results about the awards soon, since I'm curious about the results, which I assume everyone else are as well. A shame about one of the judges gone AWOL.
    Hah, yes, it'd be nice to know officially that you and @AceTrainer14 have beaten me in the Best Journey Fic category ;)

Seriously, though, I'm sure there's a lot of hidden effort going on to get the awards published

Your mind is a world AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Visit AetherX's Youtube Channel

If by hidden effort you mean lots of frantic, last minute hard work followed by waiting for everyone else's frantic, last minute hard work, while regretting having put in the extra effort to get it done early when the deadline has to be extended anyway, but still feeling that smug sense of satisfaction that you weren't the person that everyone's waiting on... then yes there is.

Anyway, I'm not qualified to make official announcements about the awards, but they shouldn't take much longer.

Blog Entries

Well, disaster struck for my USB hard drive. Much of the data stored in it got corrupted and unreadable, so I'm currently having a program trying to recover it all (the fics got through unharmed, so don't worry).
    Revolutionaryverse

Trophies
    Blog Entries

The results will be up this afternoon my time as I think we all just want to see things done :p

That sucks Tophat! :/ I had an issue the other week where my document for 8ES saved itself weirdly and got corrupted, but I was able to fix things after I transferred the file to my laptop.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    The results will be up this afternoon my time as I think we all just want to see things done :p
    Yeah, we all want to hear the results, so it's good to hear you guys managed to finish.

That sucks Tophat! :/ I had an issue the other week where my document for 8ES saved itself weirdly and got corrupted, but I was able to fix things after I transferred the file to my laptop.
    The good news is that I managed to recover the files, the bad news is that it is a librarian's nightmare in the USB drive right now. It's going to take a while to clean that up, and I'm not sure all of the files have been fully recovered. At least your case didn't involve THAT many files .
    Last edited by Tophat Dragoneye; 21st November 2013 at 05:51 PM.
    Revolutionaryverse

Blog Entries

So someone sent me a message on Deviantart saying they've started writing an erotica series based on the characters that appear in Storm Island. So, uhh... I guess... I'm... I'm really without words on this one.

Anyone else have anything strange happen related to their characters or stories? IE fanfiction of fanfiction, requests to use characters/settings of yours in bizarre ways, etc?

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Did they ask you for permission to use your characters, or just randomly start out of the blue?
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Blog Entries

The first message I received from them was that they were already writing it and that they'll share it with me when it's done. I've told him (her?) to give it up, but haven't received a response yet.

The more I think about it, the more I want to laugh at just how stupid of a situation this is.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I would have told them to ask for permission first, since they are your characters
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    So someone sent me a message on Deviantart saying they've started writing an erotica series based on the characters that appear in Storm Island. So, uhh... I guess... I'm... I'm really without words on this one.

Anyone else have anything strange happen related to their characters or stories? IE fanfiction of fanfiction, requests to use characters/settings of yours in bizarre ways, etc?
    I will tell you honestly, that is the strangest thing I have ever heard from a fan fiction writer that I know, and I am not sure whether to be shocked, disgusted or amused to be honest :P The only weird request I have had has been someone wanting to do a re-enactment of my story but I never heard anything from them about if they ever did it, and I had one person beg me to write them a story about specific characters and I had to tell them no.

Less cute in person Beth Pavell's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    That's really bad manners. Shipping OC's is one thing, but "erotica" (Quotation marks, I suspect, will be fully justified) is quite another