Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 35
Page 35 of 453 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gastly's Mama View Post
    It's always weird for me to see people say they "started writing" at so-and-so age.
    Well, I suppose most people are talking in terms of the first time they actually wrote fully fledged fanfiction that's significant in their minds? I didn't know fanfiction existed for a long time, and had some vague idea that I would start writing a novel when I was older.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastly's Mama View Post
    One of my stories still has the best opening line of all time... "Mickey is sad because he is dead."
    That line is beautiful. It should be inscribed in quotebooks for eternity.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unrepentantAuthor View Post
    Well, I suppose most people are talking in terms of the first time they actually wrote fully fledged fanfiction that's significant in their minds? I didn't know fanfiction existed for a long time, and had some vague idea that I would start writing a novel when I was older.
    Well, for as long as I can remember, I've written stories, many of which I had planned to turn into novels etc. I've always wanted to write books. I don't remember a time in my life when I wasn't writing stories that I wanted published. Of course, before about three years ago, I only showed them to my friends and family on the page (or via e-mail) because I didn't really know about online writing communities.

Quote Originally Posted by Misheard Whisper View Post
    If it was the 2008 Christmas contest, Gama, then we started writing Pokemon fanfiction at exactly the same time. :P
    It was!! xD (Note my join date!)
    Last edited by Gama; 23rd April 2012 at 06:35 AM.

Run through any Wall Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Ah the Christmas contest...all the wonderful memories. Now that I think about it I've never done an original christmas story all of my stories have involved characters from my fics.

*sharp inhale* Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

I started writing around second grade They weren't very GOOD stories, mind you, but still...

Bulba's definitely helped me hone my style, and I credit it with helping me gain the confidence to start seriously writing a novel.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I started praticing writing last summer with my fic in a very early stage. It was around there I realized that my fic was going to be too normal for me, so I started back from scratch and, well, here I am. Has anyone else had to scrap some ideas or start back from scratch?
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Post Thanks / Like

@Dragoneye; yeah, I even won fic of the month for March with my first attempt, but I scrapped it after the first chapter, I found that for pokemon I wanted to write something a bit more contemporary after all.
    (also, hi-five for being Scandinavian).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@Llama_Guy; High Five :)
    Revolutionaryverse

Post Thanks / Like

You lucky Scandinavian people, living in awesome places like Norway and Denmark... you know I envy you, right? Haha~

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If there's one thing I don't like about Denmark, it is the hostility towards foreigners (especially those from eastern Europe and the Middle East) our former government had, which somewhat still continues.
    Revolutionaryverse

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

oh me, what did i miss while i was sleeping and at school? (i still am at school btw, lol).

i think bmgf really got me back into writing. there was a period after i finished razayka that i sort of gave up, but revisiting the writer's workshop and reading some of the fics on here really brought back my inspiration, and now i'm writing full-time and i consider it my occupation.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, uA, I know very much people envy us, and they should! I praise myself lucky for living here in Norway, in a a liberal welfare state where you truly have the opportunity to become what you want, how you want. The richest country on earth, the country with the highest Human Development Index, the country with one of the best welfare systems, if not the best (including subsidized higher education, universal health care, almost a year's worth of paternity leave, and so on). The country with nature that can easily be said to be among the most beautiful on Earth. A country with a perfect climate (mild to warm summers and cold winters), a country ranking as the most stable and well-functioning in the world. It is one of the countries in this world with the lowest income difference between rich and poor. A country with the largest sovereign wealth fund in the world - funded only by our natural resources, for the benefit if the people, not companies. A country with one of the more humane prison systems in the world - and perhaps most of all, a country which responded to a brutal terrorist attack not with hate, anger or retaliation, but with love, compassion and an attempt to understand. Our PM said it very well: "If a single man can create so much evil, imagine how much love an entire nation can show, together".

There's no where in the world I would rather live :")

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Guy View Post
    Yes, uA, I know very many people envy us, and they should! There's nowhere in the world I would rather live. :")
    I don't resent my birth and upbringing in the UK. I rather like it here. However, if it were possible to have a crush on a geographical region, then I would have a crush on Scandinavia, haha. I'm seriously considering living in Norway or Sweden in the long term, and wish to visit Stockholm and Oslo in the near future. On a related note, I may get the chance to visit Reykjavik this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lucifer View Post
    oh me, what did i miss while i was sleeping and at school? (i still am at school btw, lol).

i think bmgf really got me back into writing. there was a period after i finished razayka that i sort of gave up, but revisiting the writer's workshop and reading some of the fics on here really brought back my inspiration, and now i'm writing full-time and i consider it my occupation.
    You're the one that wrote Razayka?

Also stop flaunting about where you were born xD it just makes us that were born in crappy place feel bad :(

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for interrupting you guys, but I have a quick question.

I'm writing chapter 3 of my King's Quest 5 fanfiction, and Graham and Cedric have come across the poisonous snake for the first time. It's blocking their way on the path to get to town (don't worry, it still blocks the mountains after this), and obviously they need to pass it.

Graham is searching through Cedrics bag (btw, Cedric is a human wizard in my story), and has pulled out... something. I've narrowed it down to three things: a shiny amulet (reference to the AGD Remake of King's Quest 2, will put the snake in a trance), a bag of sleep powder (reference to King's Quest 3, although I'm not sure how long it will last..., plus it might knock out Cedric too, which I don't want) or a flute (possible King's Quest 6 reference? will put the snake in a trance, but does either Graham or Cedric know how to play? Then again, this is a rattlesnake, not a cobra.) It must be one of just those three items, so don't suggest "STAB IT!" or anything of the violent sort, and seeing as this is the beginning of the story, they don't have the tamborine yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Well it depends on what you want to do and how it influences things. I would go for the flute cause it reminds me of the guys that can control snakes by playing a flute.