Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 5973
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

The small giant Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Well Red is supposed to be 10 in case you're wondering :p but it isn't really a kiddie voice, he can pass off for 13 actually since well...he's got Naruto's voice.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I know he is about 10, but the thing I hate most about the anime these days is Ash's voice (in the dub that is, I dont watch it subbed) as its just really annoying and gross to listen to :P I would rather Red went ... than had that voice!

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've seen the first two episodes of the Origin special and I enjoyed watching them. I expect to be seeing the next two shortly.

As for the awards, keep your fics coming! The more, the better!
    Last edited by Tophat Dragoneye; 4th October 2013 at 01:56 AM.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

Hmm.

I'll work on my nomination for Pokè Wars: Downfall of a Champion tomorrow.

I'd like to see what the judges think of it — given that it's been met with pretty much universal praise. Including from Cornova himself.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Blog Entries

Is there a hard cut-off date for nominations? I really don't think The Long Walk is award material and don't much like self-nomination in any case, but if nominations are a bit thin on the ground I might be persuaded to enter anyway

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pavell View Post
    Is there a hard cut-off date for nominations? I really don't think The Long Walk is award material and don't much like self-nomination in any case, but if nominations are a bit thin on the ground I might be persuaded to enter anyway
    The seventh of October would be the last day of self-nominations, but then there's also nominations made by other users not listed afterwards (if I got that correctly).
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pavell View Post
    It is this Monday at 8:30 AM NZT, which is Sunday night for most people. We changed to self nominations so that there was a chance that more people could get recognised as with the old style we only ever ended up with the same stories time and time again and a lot of the time we actually ended up running out of entries to fill the spots as not enough people were voting, and the new system is designed to allow more entries to come in and get more people recognized. I think you should submit your work and see how it goes :)

And I think what Tophat meant was that you can nominate a single story if you don't have any published work yourself in order to join in on the fun, as last time some people were a bit disappointed they couldn't nominate anything as they didn't have a story themselves.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    Hmm.

I'd like to see what the judges think of it — given that it's been met with pretty much universal praise. Including from Cornova himself.
    Who's Cornova?

Blog Entries

Follow Ahnyo on Tumblr Visit Ahnyo's Youtube Channel

I don't think I'm going to nominate PF this time for a number of reasons, but mostly because I haven't written a lot since the last Awards. Besides, I'd feel bad if I won Best Dark Fic twice in a row. The next time I win in that category, I want to win Best Story as well (as if that's ever going to happen). I'd like to advance into the real meat of the plot and rewrite a large portion of the beginning before entering again, but that will take a lot of time and work (especially because I've had no motivation whatsoever lately). I was thinking about entering a character category, but I'm not really confident in any of my characters... again, I'd like to do a bunch of rewrites so I can make them more memorable. I'm definitely not going to nominate LG, since there isn't much to judge at the moment and reviews have been mostly average.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnyo View Post
    I don't think I'm going to nominate PF this time for a number of reasons, but mostly because I haven't written a lot since the last Awards. Besides, I'd feel bad if I won Best Dark Fic twice in a row. The next time I win in that category, I want to win Best Story as well (as if that's ever going to happen). I'd like to advance into the real meat of the plot and rewrite a large portion of the beginning before entering again, but that will take a lot of time and work (especially because I've had no motivation whatsoever lately). I was thinking about entering a character category, but I'm not really confident in any of my characters... again, I'd like to do a bunch of rewrites so I can make them more memorable. I'm definitely not going to nominate LG, since there isn't much to judge at the moment and reviews have been mostly average.
    You shouldn't feel bad aboout winning twice in a row, it would mean that you are deserving of the title, and I would personally be disappointed if a winner did not make a return appearance. I think everyone should give it a go, and I think throwing both your fics into the competition could work out better than you expect :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    Hmm.

Who's Cornova?
    He created the Poké Wars series. I'm his pre-reader.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Blog Entries

It is this Monday at 8:30 AM NZT, which is Sunday night for most people. We changed to self nominations so that there was a chance that more people could get recognised as with the old style we only ever ended up with the same stories time and time again and a lot of the time we actually ended up running out of entries to fill the spots as not enough people were voting, and the new system is designed to allow more entries to come in and get more people recognized. I think you should submit your work and see how it goes :)
    Oh, what the hell, I'll throw my hat into the ring. I still don't think The Long Walk is awards material, but it'll help flesh out the nominations at least

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Glad to see another nomination :D We still need submissions for Best Alternate and Best Non Pokemon/Crossover, and any extra Dark noms would help out as well. You have about 24 hours to get them in so let's get going :D

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Well since I was able to finally post for my fic today I'll be sending you my submissions today.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Very pleased to hear it! I hope others follow suit :)