Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 303
Page 303 of 452 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 6766

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

@Druddigon: If you do want to discuss things, feel free to PM me (or LightningTopaz about FoTM) or just discuss them here. We have an issue with too many main threads being stickied so we have to cut back rather than add more, so this thread is essentially your point to raise issues as well as be social. It does sound like though that you may have something on your mind? As this latest Awards ceremony was a new system with the self nominations, I am interested in feedback if people think it worked or not so if you do have something to say please say it :D

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I myself think that the new nomination system is a major improvement compared to the old one, as it allows both well known and lesser known fics to stand on equal grounds, whereas the old system had a lot of the well known and established fics being nominated, leaving the lesser and less known ones in dust. My fic, for example, probably would not have been nominated in the old system (though I have to admit, since it's facing two very well-established fics at the moment, it may or may not stand a chance against them XD). And even if our fanfics doesn't win, the lesser known fanfics have a least gained people's attention, which again probably wouldn't have been possible in the old nomination system. So I'll say that it's a win-win situation no matter the outcome.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That was basically the point of doing it, as I always felt ever since the Awards started that only the really popular fics ever got attention as they were the ones that everyone read. The ideas behind this was that if you actually wanted to win an award, you have to make the effort, so popular fics that have won in the past don't get a chance if the authors don't care about the Awards. The only downside has been quite a few people being sick, not having internet access or similar things during the week submission period, so next Awards I may alter the rules to allow some way of nominating other people's work but with less options to ensure people don't miss out by accident.

Post Thanks / Like
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I agree with what Tophat said. It let me give my FE fic a shot at getting the same award my Zelda fic won. I'd love it if both could get it! And I have to say that my fic does have a big advantage here too, what with there being many more chapters in it than Kyuu's, meaning the plot has progressed a lot and characters have development and stuff.

But if Kyuu's fic were to win instead, I wouldn't be disappointed, because all it would tell me is that one very good author managed to win the challenge of defeating my greatest and most loved story ever. I'd actually be rather proud of Kyuu. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So, I've been too busy for the past however many days to even breathe, let alone check Bulbagarden. Did I miss anything big, or am I worrying too much again?

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Post Thanks / Like
    Add Kelleo on Facebook

Well, I added the last sprited mugshot needed for the first post in my FE fic's thread the other day. ^^

And I had a really great night last night with my mom, aunt, and grandma! We went to a restaurant and bar and did karaoke. I don't drink any alcoholic beverages though. I've hated every single one I've tasted. But the drink I did have was pretty good! And the other ladies were disappointed when we left. They said my aunt and I were the best singers there! Although, my third song was ruined because the microphone quit working for some reason. >.> My best performance was definitely "I Just Can't Wait to be King!" from The Lion King though, by far. It was the second song I did. :D

I sang Elton John's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" this old song I like called "Why Do Fools Fall in Love?" (that's the one where the microphone broke), and "I Want it That Way" by the Backstreet Boys.

Post Thanks / Like

OMG I love karaoke! :D must have been a lot of fun! I always enjoy it hehe :3 Can You Feel the Love tonight is one of my most favourite songs ever and the Backstreet Boys sure were hilarious to sing! I really need to ask my friends to organise an karaoke night!

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If only we could somehow organize a singing contest or something....
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Add Kelleo on Facebook

That would be neat, but it's not really writing turf. xP

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

Well the singing competition was the dead BulbaIdol. If you want it back and enter go bug Paperhorse and make sure to enter.

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Add Kelleo on Facebook

Ah, I see. I'm not really THAT interested though.

So, on another topic, I've been watching a cartoon I'd wanted to see more of for a long time because I hadn't gotten to see much of it at first. Did anyone know Jackie Chan cartoonized himself? :D

Jackie Chan Adventures is just amazing lol. It's hilarious, the plots are good, and there's great character development, especially with Tohru. So much of it makes me laugh though. I laughed at all of this:

- Every time Uncle goes "aye yaaah!"
    - Almost all of Jackie's facial expressions
    - Jackie yelling "Bad day, bad day, BAD DAY!" (his accent in general makes him sound funny a lot actually lol)
    - Chow screaming
    - When Finn had one of the Oni masks stuck on his butt
    - Tohru rolling down a staircase or hill
    - Uncle and Tohru's mother fighting all the time
    - El Toro saying "Sorry" every time he mistakenly gets Jackie stomped
    - Viper smooching Jackie (or trying to, Jackie's reaction either way is priceless lol)

And other stuff I can't think of off the top of my head. Just...LOL. XD

And I like how the show seems to bring back every antagonist at least once. Too bad the Monkey King won't return a third time. He was destroyed in the volcano in his last appearance. He was my favorite too. That guy's hilarious and just too entertaining. lol Yeah, some supposedly destroyed antagonists did end up being resurrected, but I don't think the Monkey King can come back that way so easily, what with his puppet being burned in lava and all.

EDIT: Oh, I just thought of another thing I laugh at a lot in the show. Whenever Captain Black says "Whoa, Nelly!" lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just a reminder folks: The Review Game and our Ongoing Summer Story are both hopelessly inactive, so if someone here has the spare time, I strongly recommend that you get involved! I am constantly shocked that after people always complain no one reads their fic that the Review Game is able to stall for weeks at a time like this, and the Ongoing Summer Story is a bit of a fun that we thought people might like to try out. People got shocked that the Workshop Quiz got cancelled and the Atlas got deleted, but that is what happens when projects go ignored/unused, so if you want these things to stay around, then we have to give them a go!

(And before anyone points out I haven't joined in the ongoing story, I am judging four stories at the Awards, two of which are reasonably lengthy, but I intend to submit once my judging is completed)

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    I am judging four stories at the Awards, two of which are reasonably lengthy, but I intend to submit once my judging is completed)
    I'm reading Galactic, which counts as five or six stories, so nyah ;P

In all seriousness though, I meant to be super active this summer, but now I'm way behind on writing, events, and reviews (probably why no one voted for me). Full time jobs suck. But we will persist, for the glory of the Workshop Fairground!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I did think of that while writing that :P Remember you don't have to read all of it, and there are probably quite a few stories there you can skip around the middle...

I know some people are busy, which I think could be an issue here, but in order for these events and games to stay someone has to take part in them :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Ahnyo on Tumblr Visit Ahnyo's Youtube Channel

Oh my goodness, Kelleo, I loved that show when I was little! My mom is a huge Jackie Chan fan, so she sort of dragged me into watching it. |D I've never met anyone else who's seen it, haha. I started a PMD fic a while ago, only to realize that a big part of the plot bore a striking resemblance to the first season of that cartoon...

I'm really excited (and yet slightly nervous at the same time) about tomorrow: I'm meeting up with an online friend I've known for almost four years. The thing is, I have social anxiety and I haven't hung out with friends in years... I have a feeling I'm going to be super awkward and everything will go wrong. :s