Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 28

Page 28 of 400 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree760Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

When I was 10, I made up an evolution of Lugia, and "Lugion" was born.

Yeah, yeah.

It was because prodigy means someone legendary and amazing, and that's what I thrive to be every day, and I want to be remembered by people all across the globe when I get older for being so.

Anyways, to get things back on topic, what book series are you all reading lately? I was reading the The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod series from Heather Brewer and finished it @Lady Lucifer; I think you might like that series, look it up)

I'm currently reading the Escape From Furnace series from Alexander Gordon Smith, and am on the second book, Solitary. There's a total of five books for the series. Same number for the Vladimir Tod series. Also, the Escape From Furnace series is what inspired me to write my fan-fic, Abdication.

Blog Entries

Lately......the most I've read for fun would be various web comics, some manga, and a few fanfics

@Red: Ah, I see. I never really cared what people would look upon me as (because I know I am the most awesome person on earth because that'll only lead to me forcing expectations on myself. Expectations lead to responsibilities. I hate responsibilities, so I avoid them when I can).

I haven't really been reading lately, apart from some Star Wars stuff. I'm halfway through the New Jedi Order series (which is really awsome), apart from that, and some manga (weekly: Naruto, Bleach - monthly: Claymore - and a few obscurities whose names I don't remember), I'm not reading anything, and won't be reading anything for some time (laziness attack!)

@Llama_Guy; This is to give you a little background as to why I feel the way I do.

You see, every since I was about 9 or 10 something kind of awoke in me. That thing was a feeling. It made me yearn to be successful, to be rich, to have the world know my name. My parents always told me of their rough upbringings in India, they were born and raised there, but lived in a ghetto, not having many of the liberties and options we have today. It always made me feel inspired, that my parents could overcome the ghetto and reach into a life of success instead of being poor again. Not the success I want to achieve, but success from their perspective. They'd always tell me, "We started from 0% and achieved 100%. Your starting at 100% now. It's your job to reach 200%" Ever since, it's been my dream to be rich. That's all I think about. About like a quarter of my thoughts throughout the day are about that. Like what I would do when I'm rich, how my life would be, dealing with the media, raising my kids, my company I'm going to found, try to rule the visual media business, etc. Arrogant it may seem, I know, but I'm up for the challenge. I try my best in school. I'm an honors student and always get good grades, and am learning programming languages now. I look into video games like everyday, always up to date with news. Acting, I watch a lot of movies, different genres. Comedy, I watch a number of comedians. Entreprenuering will be really interesting too. Basically, I know the goals I have set for myself, and am prepared to do whatever it takes to fulfill them. That's why I'm starting now.

The one thing that may shock you?

Interesting story! I'll send you a response via PM ;)
    Pride likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

i think that's awesome prodigy. i started writing when i was eleven, or twelve because i figured out that that was what i wanted to be. ever since the third grade i had been writing many stories, mostly based off of the fandoms i had back then. i'm getting into more original stuff now because i have a goal of becoming a best-selling author (which is going pretty good since i've been cleaning up the stories i have for publishing). i'm going to a school for creative writing after summer and i'm really excited for it. i basically already have my future planned ahead of me.

also, about the beliefs thing, yes i did kind of share the same kind of morals as what the religion mentioned, and it influenced me to become apart of it and practice what i believed.

@Llama_Guy; I wonder what it'll be about
    @Lady Lucifer; That's cool! I think you can do it. The Devil's Gift is really good.

The short version: I feel that you might be under more pressure than you realize; I'll explain further in the PM.

And as for myself, I am an actual prodigy. I can do mostly everything I want to do well. I could read when I was year old, I could do equations when I was five. I knew more about science than your average high schooler when I started school. But Norwegian schools offer no alternative to kids like me. It killed my motivation. It killed any sense of expectations. I could literally sleep through school and get top marks on everything. The result is that I, as stated above, have no real expectations to put upon myself. It's really sucky, but at the same time, I'm really happy I don't have that - I feel expectations only weigh us down and restrict us. So I don't yearn for success. I don't care about working hard, because I can do what I want fairly well without as much effort as the average person. Thus I do not care about what others think of me, I know I am smart enough to do just what I want, and become just what I want - not what others want me to be.

@Lady Lucifer; what kind of school? University or some other kind of institution?a

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

it's a magnet high school specializing in the arts, like creative writing. to get in you have to audition. for me i had to send in three pieces of writing in a portfolio and they reviewed it. i was one of the few chosen, and this school is like an hour away from where i live currently, so it's a huge feat for me to get into it. it's a very hard school to get in for locals, but an even harder school to get in from other districts. honestly, i feel pretty good about what i do, lol. i'm mostly frustrated about how i write and i really think i suck which is why i push myself to get better, even if i already was. it's just a feeling of never being good enough, i guess. :U

Oh, sorry btw if my story sounds arrogant. My parents never put those expectations on me, I guess I placed them on myself. I still relax and live my life, but I always have that ambition driving me. They were actually pretty surprised when they heard me talking all about my future and stuff.

Oh, that's really good Lady Lucifer!! You don't suck, don't bring yourself down like that!

Hmm, I see. Getting in means you must be good at writing, though, don't deny that!

I'm also going to study creative writing next year, at a so-called "folk high school" (a kind of one-year boarding school serving as an alternative after high school and before university, where the focus is on personal development and the social connection gained through whatever we're studying, as opposed to academic performance - Google it). Had to send in a 10-page portfolio, and I was one of 18 to get accepted (considering that only four folk high schools countrywide offer creative writing, and FHS is relatively popular among Norwegian students, I feel privileged and lucky!).

I hope you have a really nice time studying though. Have you planned any alternatives to becoming a writer? (as that is often quite hard by and of it self) I am going to study physics later, myself P: (and then psychology, and then history, and then something else - yeah, I'm going to study till I literally drop dead, either from knowledge or age)

@Red; Not directly no, but your own expectations may be heavily influenced by the lives of your parents ;) Just a thought to keep in mind!

Not directly? May I ask then how it is arrogant?