Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 255

Page 255 of 400 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 5998
Like Tree761Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if there is a writers IM group for skype or other IM serves.

I'm in a couple for other types of art in other fandoms, and have found that its really helpful sometimes, to be able to quickly post a question regarding some art or ideas for art and get a quick response without having to wait for someone to click on a thread on a forum.

Blog Entries

I'd submit a question from my story, but... ehhh, it hasn't been updated in ages and nothing really of note has happened yet. :P

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    So no one wants to make a name for themselves by writing a lesson, or promote their story by submitting a question for the quiz? I am actually quite shocked, especially after the speed with which we had questions come in last time, and how much discussion there had been around Workshop lessons only a few weeks ago. Two slight changes to encourage people before I start being a bother :P
    - Academy Lesson: You are not restricted by the possible topics listed in the thread
    - The Quiz: If you submitted a question last time, you are allowed to submit one this time as well but it has to be for a different story, and you won't be able to take part in the quiz.

If I don't here anything within a day I will begin asking people personally, so please save me the bother when I am in the middle of uni work and help the community out!
    Unfortunately AceTrainer14, I can't help with that at the moment :(, got some super important homework that will decide whether or not I'll get an exam at the moment.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

Sorry, AceTrainer. I've been rather busy of late with college work and all that. (Or University, whatever you want to call it.)

Have the last round of regular tests this week and into next, and finals at the beginning of May, so I dunno if I'll be doing much of anything on here 'til then. I haven't even finished chapter 3 of my current fanfic.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I work a lot now, AT and I'm afraid I'm not very good at writing articles/essays. :(

But I did make that genres guide! I tried to be helpful there. xP

EDIT: ...Wait, why was it moved to the Writer's Block? It was supposed to go with that ratings guide that Caitlin made. :/

I also thought it would be stickied. But oh well.

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Too bad I don't have two stories :( I could do a question for my two year old pretty much dead SuBuWriMo fic... because I don't think I'm going to finish this one-shot in the next couple days.

And I already did an article...

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan539 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm just wondering if there is a writers IM group for skype or other IM serves.

I'm in a couple for other types of art in other fandoms, and have found that its really helpful sometimes, to be able to quickly post a question regarding some art or ideas for art and get a quick response without having to wait for someone to click on a thread on a forum.
    Personally I don't think I'd spend any more time on an IM group than I currently spend refreshing this thread :P

btw I feel like Kelleo's genre guide should just be copy/pasted into the first directory post. We have a ton of stickies as is and otherwise no one would see it.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

What are the articles again?

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I might be able to throw something on proofreading and editing together, if it's still needed.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    btw I feel like Kelleo's genre guide should just be copy/pasted into the first directory post. We have a ton of stickies as is and otherwise no one would see it.
    That's an idea, but pasting it into the directory OP would make it a reaaaaally long post and people would have to scroll through more than is really necessary.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Thanks for all the offers and apologies folks, it will make me chasing people down much easier :P @Caitlin: it could always inspire you into starting it up again if you threw in a question ;) But I think I will discuss things with @Flaze and @adiosToreador

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan539 View Post

There is not one, but if you would like to create one then feel free. The General Writing Questions and General Chat thread are very good though for getting questions answered, as there is usually someone hanging about :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    I work a lot now, AT and I'm afraid I'm not very good at writing articles/essays. :(

But I did make that genres guide! I tried to be helpful there. xP

EDIT: ...Wait, why was it moved to the Writer's Block? It was supposed to go with that ratings guide that Caitlin made. :/

I also thought it would be stickied. But oh well.
    You did not discuss it with any staff, at least not that I am aware of, so you cannot expect us to know what your intentions were. The Ratings Guide is a more formal project that is being moved in a week or two anyway, and we do have too many stickies on the front page. I will discuss things with harryheart as he is in charge of the directories and we can probably work a briefer description of the genres in inspired by yours. Thank you for contributing it though, it was well written.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Add Kelleo on Facebook

You did not discuss it with any staff, at least not that I am aware of, so you cannot expect us to know what your intentions were. The Ratings Guide is a more formal project that is being moved in a week or two anyway, and we do have too many stickies on the front page. I will discuss things with harryheart as he is in charge of the directories and we can probably work a briefer description of the genres in inspired by yours. Thank you for contributing it though, it was well written.
    Yeah, but I thought it was obvious because Caitlin was originally the one being asked about a genres guide in the first place. At least that's what I thought. My mistake, I should've talked to a staff member about it. I apologize if I broke any rules. I kinda wasn't thinking that straight because I had just gotten home from work and it was late at night, so I was kinda tired too. I'm glad the guide came out as well as it did despite having been exhausted while writing it. :)

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Yeah, but I thought it was obvious because Caitlin was originally the one being asked about a genres guide in the first place. At least that's what I thought. My mistake, I should've talked to a staff member about it. I apologize if I broke any rules. I kinda wasn't thinking that straight because I had just gotten home from work and it was late at night, so I was kinda tired too. I'm glad the guide came out as well as it did despite having been exhausted while writing it. :)
    Caitlin was not directly asked, it was a vague question directed at everyone. I do appreciate what you did and we will use it as a guide for our own, but please remember to double check things before going ahead and doing stuff like this and then expect something to happen when you have not asked anyone.
    This goes for anyone: if you have something that you think should be a necessary part of the workshop, just message one of us and let us know of your ideas :)

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Caitlin was not directly asked, it was a vague question directed at everyone. I do appreciate what you did and we will use it as a guide for our own, but please remember to double check things before going ahead and doing stuff like this and then expect something to happen when you have not asked anyone.
    This goes for anyone: if you have something that you think should be a necessary part of the workshop, just message one of us and let us know of your ideas :)
    Oh. Guess I made yet another mistake. Ugh.

But yes, I understand.

Follow juiceboxxx On Twitter
    Follow juiceboxxx on Tumblr

Just saw the genres guide, and it's beautiful. 8D

There is not one, but if you would like to create one then feel free. The General Writing Questions and General Chat thread are very good though for getting questions answered, as there is usually someone hanging about :)
    Ahk, might set one up if there is enough intrest in something like this, otherwise I'll let the threads carry on.

And in other news, I'm completely stuck on writing the next chapter of my fic A Journey of 1000 miles
    Wile I know I want to finish up in Celedon, but I have no idea how to handle the next part.

Pretty much I'v run out of ideas, atm and I want to get some work done on the next chapter wile I have tomorrow free for the most part.

What I want to do in chapter 4 is finish up in Celedon for this part of the story, and maybe begin the next leg of his journey to Palet down.

Last couple of paragraphs from chapter 3: