Page 251 of 399 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 5975
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGX View Post
    Um..hello there, kinda new to this section but..what exactly is this?
    Welcome! This is just what it sounds like; a thread for people to come in an chat about whatever they like!
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
    @AetherX; - I've found that one of the hardest things in the world is to try and talk sense into someone who's mind is already made up.
    It has less to do with talking sense into them and more to do with getting them to read science fiction instead of fantasy :P Contact doesn't deal as much with the existence of a god but more the definition of a god. It raises a lot of existential questions and looks at things from several different points of view, which is why I like it so much.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

So..any of you guys play a game called Black Knight Sword?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    It has less to do with talking sense into them and more to do with getting them to read science fiction instead of fantasy :P Contact doesn't deal as much with the existence of a god but more the definition of a god. It raises a lot of existential questions and looks at things from several different points of view, which is why I like it so much.
    Well, I equate getting someone to look at another point of view and not immediately reject it outright talking sense into them, so maybe that's just me.

So..any of you guys play a game called Black Knight Sword?
    Can't say I've heard of it. What's it about?

"He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Basically, it's a game made by Suda 51 about a twisted, grim fairy tale where a fella who just committed
    suicide is brought back from the dead by a mysterious specter referred to as Black Hellebore who than merges
    him with a suit of armor to become the Black Knight and the specter becomes his sword. The Black Knight
    must now travel through a dark yet whimsical world to find and destroy the tyrannical White Princess and free
    the world from her terrible grasp.

Follow juiceboxxx On Twitter
    Follow juiceboxxx on Tumblr

Suda 51
    I think it's kind of sad that this was all it took to get my interest.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I've never heard of that game either, but I do know about a character called the Black Knight. He's from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and its sequel, FE: Radiant Dawn. And he's one awesome antagonist. ^^

Blog Entries

Well...I finally revived my old ff.net account. I made some revisions to the first chapter of Heart of Crystal and put it up.

Now comes the waiting game...I'm really nervous. I haven't been there in over five years. I hope people like it...
    Last edited by Feliciano; 6th April 2013 at 04:27 AM.

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

Well...I finally revived my old ff.net account. I made some revisions to the first chapter of Heart of Crystal and put it up.

Now comes the waiting game...I'm really nervous. I haven't been there in over five years. I hope people like it...
    I used to have a fanfiction.net account myself, though I never posted much. I haven't written any actual fanfiction (that I was really dedicated to) in around two years or so, though I still very much have the same passion for writing as a whole, but I don't think I could ever get back into FF.net with school and other stuff - it's been such a long time, after all; I can completely understand your nervousness and the tension as you wait for the reviews to come in... Anyways, I say good on you for having revived your account - hopefully you'll receive some response and helpful critique! :)
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, good luck. But from personal experience, you have more of a reason to be nervous about posting your story here than on fanfiction.net.

Blog Entries
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

Since we're on the topic of fiction archives... Out of curiosity, does anyone here use AO3 (Archive of Our Own)? I've grown to prefer it immensely to FF.net or AFF.
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AiedailEclipsed View Post
    Since we're on the topic of fiction archives... Out of curiosity, does anyone here use AO3 (Archive of Our Own)? I've grown to prefer it immensely to FF.net or AFF.
    Never heard of that. The website makes it seem like another site for sharing fan-fiction; might try it out.

EDIT: Invitation? I'll just wait for the Beta to end, and will probably forget about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post
    Never heard of that. The website makes it seem like another site for sharing fan-fiction; might try it out.

EDIT: Invitation? I'll just wait for the Beta to end, and will probably forget about it.
    It's REALLY good. It handles categorizing stories and such SO MUCH better than FF.net, IMO. And searching for things on there is a GODSEND. You can filter out certain things if authors tag their stuff properly (which most tend to do so). I think the invite queue is down to only like a hundred or something. Possibly. I want to say I saw that somewhere. And you'd probably just be better off putting your name on the list now, tbh. The beta period isn't likely to end soon from what I understand.
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."

Blog Entries

It's REALLY good. It handles categorizing stories and such SO MUCH better than FF.net, IMO. And searching for things on there is a GODSEND. You can filter out certain things if authors tag their stuff properly (which most tend to do so). I think the invite queue is down to only like a hundred or something. Possibly. I want to say I saw that somewhere. And you'd probably just be better off putting your name on the list now, tbh. The beta period isn't likely to end soon from what I understand.
    329 are also waiting for invites, apparently. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it out, but I rarely read anything that isn't on this site, so they might get bored of me if they're as tight-knit of a community as a I understand.

EDIT:

We estimate that you'll receive an invitation around 2013-04-07.
    I use dd/mm/yyyy, so when is that? The 2013th day of April during the seventh year?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post
    329 are also waiting for invites, apparently. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it out, but I rarely read anything that isn't on this site, so they might get bored of me if they're as tight-knit of a community as a I understand.

EDIT:

We estimate that you'll receive an invitation around 2013-04-07.
    I use dd/mm/yyyy, so when is that? The 2013th day of April during the seventh year?
    There isn't really a central community, IMO. Personally, I haven't delved as deep in as I have with FF.net, but I don't think they have like a community. Its pretty muchly just stories and reviewing them. You can favorite authors, follow stories, even make pseudonyms so you can have different authors for different stories. Its pretty nifty. I love it, haha. Just made a donation to the organization in charge actually.

And that date format is like a standard scientific/international version, I think. Or maybe computing. Eh, whatever. It's yyyy/mm/dd. So, tomorrow. Basically. You're lucky. I waited like a month or so. There was like a 25k list when I got on. xD