Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    Any takers for the review game?
    Reviewing only 1 chapter for The Girl Who Knows the Heart of Dragons will let you in on the game. It is a great fic and reading it should be enjoyable. And I would sound cheesier but I'm mobile.
    I could link to my review and say it's for the game, since it happened after that post requesting a review, and there's nothing in the rules that says I can't do that. *shifty eyes*

Loopholes are so much fun. But anyway, I won't post in that thread, since that seems unfair for Gotpika.
    It's fine. You wrote(or at least posted) the review after he requested it and just because it wasn't written for the game doesn't mean it is ineligible for the game. As long as a review is written after the request it is fair game to be used. So yeah go ahead and use it.
    Bubble Frog likes this.

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    t's fine. You wrote(or at least posted) the review after he requested it and just because it wasn't written for the game doesn't mean it is ineligible for the game. As long as a review is written after the request it is fair game to be used. So yeah go ahead and use it.
    Posted in that thread. Even with a mod verification, I wouldn't have done it if Gotpika wasn't okay with it. Anyway, let's see if I like that thread now.

Thanks, Soulmaster!

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Anyone here a frequent FanFiction.net user? What are your thoughts on all the unfortunate changes they have made lately?

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not a user of fanfiction.net, but I've heard about some changes that basically removed a ton of fics. Am I wrong?
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    Anyone here a frequent FanFiction.net user? What are your thoughts on all the unfortunate changes they have made lately?
    I have been in the past, but I haven't posted anything there in quite a while. I believe the last thing I posted there was the last chapter I wrote of my Dragon Ball fanfic.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tophat Dragoneye View Post
    I'm not a user of fanfiction.net, but I've heard about some changes that basically removed a ton of fics. Am I wrong?
    There was a bit of a scandal last year I think when a lot of apparently good quality fics got deleted due to being reporting them, some issue with the way FF.net dealt with issues like that. There was an online campaign and I think they changed their rules?

The changes I am talking about are them doing stuff with the font and a lot of changes to the user profile/interface where you can control your stories and documents and view your traffic stats and that. I was wondering if anyone else was as annoyed as I am about all these irritating changes!

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

How recently were they put in? I'm on ff.net, but I haven't noticed anything irritating. I haven't posted anything in a while, though.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Man, I haven't been on ff.net in years. I don't even think I can get into my account anymore.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

They don't really delete things based on lack of activity, that I've noticed. So you probably could still access your account if you wanted to.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

I really only go on there when the stories I read are updated. One is weekly but others are infrequent. But I onjly go on that page and haven't been on in over a week I think, and it's normally mobile anyways.

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    They don't really delete things based on lack of activity, that I've noticed. So you probably could still access your account if you wanted to.
    No, I mean it's been so long that I have no idea what my login info is
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

I have no idea what changed fanfiction.com supposedly made; I only visit that site to update my stories, and even then, just barely.

Blog Entries

People rag on ff.net, but I don't really get it. Yeah, there is some godawful stuff there, but there's also some great stuff there. And it sort of depends what fandom you're looking in, too, what the ratio is from good to bad. And there are some obvious ways to tell whether something is going to be good or bad without having to even click on it, so when people complain about bad quality stuff there I'm just confused. If it looks like crap, it probably is, just do yourself a favor and don't even bother to click on it, and you can bypass the whole issue!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    People rag on ff.net, but I don't really get it. Yeah, there is some godawful stuff there, but there's also some great stuff there. And it sort of depends what fandom you're looking in, too, what the ratio is from good to bad. And there are some obvious ways to tell whether something is going to be good or bad without having to even click on it, so when people complain about bad quality stuff there I'm just confused. If it looks like crap, it probably is, just do yourself a favor and don't even bother to click on it, and you can bypass the whole issue!
    Agreed, but mostly, I think it's because the site is called fanfiction.com, which just has a bad reputation all around. Everyone who is not familiar with fanfiction seems to jump to the conclusion that it is just a bunch of awful writers trying to leech off of the fame of existing franchises; it has nothing to do with the website's content as much as the title, from what I've seen.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Oh, I'm a member of ff.net and have been for years. ^^

I've always enjoyed the site and I'm fairly active in the Fire Emblem forum. The forums aren't really much to look at, but I found they were a great place to get reviews and find new friends. :)

I also don't mind the changes that have been made to the site. In fact, I rather like the way it looks even more now. My username is EmblemQueen, so feel free to look my profile up! I have more stories there that I never posted here. ;)