Page 24 of 558 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124524 ... LastLast

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lucifer View Post
    i love your fic, prodigy. ^^

hm. kind of off-topic, but has anyone ever thought of their fan-fictions as movies or shows? i mean it's kind of weird if yours was pokemon based, or based on another fandom. but i guess you could imagine it as a movie/show distributed by the fandom? for me it's easy because most of my stories are original and i can easily think of a movie/show to go along with them :P.

still, if it was ever made into a movie/show, what would it's soundtrack be? i think mine would be all instrumental, as there aren't really a lot of lyrical songs that go with my story. to me, just plain instruments reflect more emotion than lyrics do.

but yeah. i'm coming up with a list of instrumental songs that can be used in a movie for my fic, lol. i just like to think of this kind of stuff.
    Ooh, yes. I like to imagine my fic as a movie/anime series when I'm writing it, mostly for the visual aspects. Ideally, it would be animated by Studio Ghibli. Fat chance, but hey. I'd like to have some good rock songs on the soundtrack, maybe with a bit of power metal for certain battle scenes. I'd like to have some flute pieces for the more delicate scenes as well.
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I also imagine as well my fic as anime. It would be ideal for if Studio Pierrot was the one who animated it in similar style as Naruto! Low chance for that, but that doesn't mean you're not allowed to dream, right? As for music... hmm... not sure about that, to be honest.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I imagine my stuff as anime/movies too. Since a lot of it is fantasy, lots of Celtic/New Age-y stuff would be there. (Electric guitars would only pop up during intense battle scenes)

In the case of "The Legend of Taki", there would be more of an Asian feel too
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

I never thought about picturing it as a movie before! That's a cool idea!

Also, guess what! I posted my first fanfiction here in The Writers Workshop! just posted it last night. Having posted it on a couple other forums as well (Starmen.Net and Pheonix Online Studios), I'm getting a bit worried. Nobody is saying anything at all about it. Is it because it's a non-Pokemon story, instead it being a King's Quest 5 story? Is it just because it's still too early (it's still morning where I am)? Is it because it has a character (Cedric) that everyone hates in it?

Blog Entries

Not everyone post immediately, so give it some time, it happened to me as well so I know that.
    Revolutionaryverse

Yeah, I imagine my fic as a movie all the time. I usually imagine it as a TV Show, with each chapter as an episode. It helps me organize everything and plan out what's gonna happen in each chapter.

I'm also working on a very big and top secret writing project at the moment. It involves addictions and how they control a person's life.

It's too short to be a fic, but too long to be a oneshot, so I've settled on making it a x part(s) mini-opera. I'll break it up into each part as I write.

commie bastard. an illegible mess.'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

omg prodigy no way you're working on something that deals with addictions too? o3o. the pokemon fan-fiction i'm planning on writing after the devil's gift is done will have that kind of theme, but then it moves on to something else :U.

speaking of which, the new fan-fiction i'm making is kind of going to be separated in different parts or "seasons" if you will. one "season" will focus on one topic, then the next "season" will skip a few years into the future and go into another topic. i don't know how this would really work, and i don't know if i should make a new thread for every "season" that is posted. :/

well, on to my discussion that i made, i can imagine my story having a piano soundtrack, of basically just piano osts, or osts with piano music and a bit of other orchestral instruments.

the theme song i see as either this or this (or maybe a combination?)

i also have other songs for the rest of the soundtrack that basically play important moments in the plot. :U can't post them because i don't want to open up spoilers for those who haven't read my story yet, or are in the middle of it lol.

tumblr.|ao3.|ff.net.|8tracks.
    .self-assured mutual destruction.

Stray Dog Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Man I always suck at coming up with theme songs xD

So realizing that people are going to start writing about addictions and stuff. I'll do the opposite xD with so many dark and serious stories coming out lately I feel like I should explore my cheerful side.

So I was planning about doing a Non-Pokemon, original school life fanfic. The fic is about a group of students that band together and form a club whose sole job is to answer and take care of requests and problems given by the students. You want to ask a girl out but are too nervous? ask the Assist Club. You can't finish your homework, ask the Assist Club? and a bunch of other stuff like that.

Basically it'll be done in an episodic manner and each chapter will take care of a different request, though there'll be some two parters and stuff, plus chapters will also focus on the characters of the group. Yes I know, school life, comedy fic with no specific plot it sounds boring but I feel that I've worked so much with action stories and plot related stories that I need to...lay back and unwind.

Plus like I always say a good writer can make even growing grass interesting xD so I'll test myself with this.

commie bastard. an illegible mess.'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

the idea sounds interesting, stellar haze :3.

i've been thinking about this for a long time and wonder if it's normal LOL. generally when i write a scene where an important character dies, i cry. like, i really cry buckets of tears. has this ever happened to any of you guys where you've written a death scene (or any emotional scene, really) and started to tear up and/or cry?

when i talk to a lot of people about this, they just say it's because i catch emotion really well. heh, it was funny because when i gave one of my original one-shots (which is pretty emotional, btw) to my english teacher to read, she said she had to step away for a bit because she was about to cry which is astounding because it's just a short, four page story i came up with at like... three in the morning lol.

tumblr.|ao3.|ff.net.|8tracks.
    .self-assured mutual destruction.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

I've honestly never killed a character off only villains but good guys are usually always spared, I only killed one off in an old story I had but that was like two years ago and it was left inconclusive on whether he died or didn't die and the character I killed in Dragon's Roar was only during a flashback chapter. I should actually try doing it shouldn't I?

Well I think it's okay for you to cry, I mean you are the writer, you're the one that created and fleshed this characters out so killing them is like killing something you created so it's obvious that it would be kind of emotional but I think it's good that you can cry like that, it means you really value and care about your story and the characters in it.

Yeah, same here. Typically, in my stories when good characters die, they usually find some way to come back (were healed up to full health, were faking it, were told it wasn't their time and sent back enc), villains on the other hand stay dead. Unless it's a character who actually wants to die anyway, so I fufill that wish.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Yeah actually I wanted to ask how you should go about killing a good guy character xD no seriously I know it has to have planning and it has to be unpredictable, but you also have to choose how to kill him, where to kill him and stuff; plus it has to be logical and perfect I mean you're killing a character that you're never going to see again you have to give him/her a proper send off.

Peculiarly enough, there's been a thread on character deaths around recently.
    Killing Off Characters
    Worth a look by you morbid people? *grin*

Blog Entries

Yeah, things are getting a bit morbid here, so let's brightens things up!

Have you ever read a book or fic etc., where it sometimes get too detailed about even the smallest of things? I did back in school, where the author, for some reason, had decided to write a two pages filled with details of grass straws in a large field. And bear in mind this was a story of the danish resistance in World War 2.
    Last edited by Tophat Dragoneye; 21st April 2012 at 02:33 PM.
    Revolutionaryverse

I do the same thing. It helps me to visualize and describe scenes and characters for my writing. Sounds tracks are difficult though - I spend ridiculous amounts of time wondering what song goes with what character.