Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 236

Page 236 of 400 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 5998
Like Tree761Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Maybe I'm weird then, because I never grow disinterested with my ideas after running through them in my head time and time again (I still plan to eventually write the fantasy epic I came up with when I was ten, even if The Last Airbender totally stole my idea). And then when I put them down on paper, they're ten times better than they were in my imagination. I come up with all sorts of details and little things that add to the scene that I never would have thought of if I was just imagining it.

Unless you're making drastic changes to the storyline, I think it's more worth it to just keep chugging along. I don't care how well written your story is if you never finish it! Just my opinion.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

So, I know I've asked this before, but I just kind of need to be reassured of something; how long do you guys think is too long? I've gotten comments on my story before saying that the chapters were good, but that their length was daunting or even downright intimidating. I know a lot of people who frequent this chat are heavy readers, but I'm hoping that I can keep as many chapters as possible as accessible and enjoyable as possible to as many people as possible. Obviously length is gonna depend somewhat on how much is going on in the chapter (which is why I'm a little selfishly concerned, because for as much as I've written not a lot of events in my next chapter have actually happened so far...lots of thinking and talking, but not much in the way of action), but in general, what do you guys think is a good length?
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
    So, I know I've asked this before, but I just kind of need to be reassured of something; how long do you guys think is too long?
    9 or 10 inches from what I hear, but I don't know why you would be having this problem

I always say to break it up where it makes sense. If you want to keep things succinct, then it's okay to cut it off instead of having a scene break. As long as something is happening in the chapter, even if it's just some development through dialogue. If you have to write a lot before the chapter is remotely significant, then your readers should suck it up and read it anyway. In general, 2k to 10k words is what I consider acceptable, preferably in the middle of that range.
    Flaze, Lugion and Protopost like this.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Remember if you guys and gals are looking for direct advice about writing, keep that stuff towards the General Writing Questions thread :) Also, the thing I teased the other day for people to think of questions for has begun: the Great Workshop quiz is looking for being to submit and take part, so read and get involved! It is very easy to submit a question and it will hopefully be a fun game for everyone.

Did anyone see the new Iron Man 3 trailer the other day? I was a bit disappointed by the second movie, but this one looks like it has an awesome plot so I cannot wait to see it! My only worry is that it will end up being too much action (as there already appears to be the destruction of Tony's house, Air Force One being attacked, a dockyard battle and a different explosion) and not enough stuff keeping it together.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

I'll definitely have to submit a question if I get the chance. Looks like fun!

I just watched the trailer. I actually kinda liked the second film. It wasn't nearly as good as the first one, but after how much everyone was hating on it I was pleasantly surprised. It looks like there will be some real character development for Tony, so I'm cool with however much action they put in. Fuck it, I'm going to enjoy it regardless. I have a soft spot for kickass robots.
    AceTrainer14 likes this.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Trophies
    Blog Entries

The second film was not completely awful, I just felt like it had a bit of a tame conclusion with all the explosive stuff happening earlier in the film and the big battle being rather contained. And I am not a fan of how the victories in the first two films both came from something that happened earlier in the film (the freezing thing in high altitudes and the collision of both energy blasters) The dockyard battle looks like it could be the conclusion, and it definitely looks like something to be savoured.

And make sure you all try and submit a question! I will definitely appreciate it :)

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

You said that mods that aren't involved can't take part this month, does that mean I can't? xD

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Workshop moderators, I should have been more specific.

Blog Entries

I am eating a large, soft fudge brownie, which I microwaved for exactly 20 seconds so it would be warm and soft. On top of said fudge brownie, I have scooped a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream. I then proceeded to drizzle additional hot fudge sauce over the entire thing. Two quick sprays of whipped cream complete my dish.

I just CAME.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    I am eating a large, soft fudge brownie, which I microwaved for exactly 20 seconds so it would be warm and soft. On top of said fudge brownie, I have scooped a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream. I then proceeded to drizzle additional hot fudge sauce over the entire thing. Two quick sprays of whipped cream complete my dish.

I just CAME.
    THANK YOU! Now I have saliva all over my keyboard! >:(

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I had something nearly identical last night, but it was two scoops and home made caramel sauce. I mushed it all together and got a lovely sensation of hot food in the middle of cold food at the same time! Just marvellous :D

Blog Entries

I'll have to take your word for it, I don't really like chocolate :(

That should be clinically labeled as a disability.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm kind of sorta back. I come and go every now and then but I've returned with new writings and an ache to read some fics.

I look forward to getting back into the momentum of things!

Hello there. I was wondering if you can help me find which one or few of the pokemon fanfiction(s) that Ash beat Paul and/or Trip into the pulp. The only one that I know for right now is called "From Servant to Stardom" where Abilityshipping takes place and Ash crushed his Sinnoh rival. The problem is that I don't know which one because it has a lot of stories and its hard to tell. If there's any other fics that Ash beat Paul at the very least, please let me know. I'll be more than happy to read it. I don't care which shipping that Ash would have with, as long as he defeats Paul at the very least or Trip in a battle/duel.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Shegoten/Kissshipping/MelodyandAsh.jpg

*Welcome to the Kissshipping Line*
    ~Ash,and Melody shall always be with each other forever.~
    Kissshipping never dies..

I happens to support this shipping. If you Kissshipping, post it on the Kissshipping thread.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaret View Post
    I'm kind of sorta back. I come and go every now and then but I've returned with new writings and an ache to read some fics.

I look forward to getting back into the momentum of things!
    Welcome back, Cabaret! *implying I was always here*