Hint taken

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    Hint taken
    Lol. Now it's my turn!

I think this was actually a really good idea. It makes me want to read more. >_>

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Lugion View Post

Lol. Now it's my turn!
    I'll try to take care of this when I get home. :P

So, I haven't played a Mario & Luigi:RPG game in such a long time I decided to dust off my old Mario and Luigi:Bowser's Inside Story cart from 2009. I never did finish the game and didn't get really engrossed in it, I'm playing it again because I'm really excited for Mario & Luigi:Dream Team, the fourth M&L RPG in the series. I never finished Partners in Time either so I guess I'll replay that eventually. Poor Luigi, always getting treated treated like the lesser brother of the Mario Bros. :P I gotta say, this dialogue is really good. It'll surely be a huge help for me when writing dialogue interactions and exchanges between characters. The comedic aspects interlaced with the free flowing natural style of dialogue makes it very entertaining, I also like the subtle but not over the top personalities of many of the characters. Starlow's snark demeanor sticks out as something interesting to me since I plan to write a character in that regard for the future chapters of one of the characters of my fic. I'll never understand how the dialogue could be so regular, yet so entertaining and interesting to read. Though that probably stems from the interactions between the characters. The first fight with Bowser is what I've accomplished so far and I'm really entertained in it. Makes me wanna plan a one-shot in the future for the M&L RPG!Verse.

Me and my affinity for Mario games :P

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

I bet you that in two hours you'll have someone (Kelleo) that agrees with you : D

Blog Entries

Almost two hours and nobody has agreed :I

what does he get if you're wrong? What do you get if you're right? Why am I being so inquisitive? Did I spell that word right? Why am I procrastinating?

as for the big project, it sounds like an awesome idea X3

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

If I'm wrong then we'll just forget about this xD

Blog Entries

I'll move "Instrutilus' Massive Multiverse Mayhem" into a new thread once I've gotten more work on it done. Otherwise, as a couple of people (coughFlazecoughGamacough) will know, I'm sciencing the Pokémon series. I've explained how the Pokéballs will work, with the black band being a device that will shrink the creatures by decreasing the empty space between particles that make up everything, then subject them to an anti-gravitational field that will prevent the still existent mass, therefore weight, from simply pulling the trainer down/causing a Wailord to fall into the core of the planet by combining the now smaller area of distribution with the still present weight. The weight is still there, it's simply decreased proportionate to the weight of the creature.

Anyway, it got me wondering: how do you explain Pokéballs in your world, if you do?

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Haha, so I'm a little late (it's been four hours). XD

But I agree Luigi never got as much attention as he deserved...well, until this year! ^^

Also, I was watching a new movie I got like a week ago anyway (kept putting it off...lol). I think mentioning it here would be a good idea too. It was Scooby Doo: Mask of the Blue Falcon. The cover made it seem a little kiddy even for Scooby Doo, but it was actually darker than it made it out to be. It had a great morale that I think people here would like: the most important thing about making a movie or book or anything of the sort is telling a great story.

I also loved the bunch of old Cartoon Network cameos. ^^

Instrutilus: Whoa what a complex idea of how Pokéballs work :o To be honest, I don´t really know. Personally, I´m trying to refuse the idea of Pokémon being transferred into some kind of data/numbers. I wish they entered some kind of dimension of their natural habitat, but I know that´s simply ridiculous.

What I´m quite curious about is, how do trainers know which Pokémon is inside which pokéball. You know, they all look the same, but somehow Ash always know which pokémon is inside. Correct me if I´m wrong, but I think that pokéballs are transparent in manga (never read), but I´m not really convinced by this idea, since I´m more influenced by anime where pokéballs look the same.

Also I have this bad feeling about pokéballs. I don´t really like them and feel a bit guilty when a pokémon stays in its pokéball for too long. I feel sorry for them and I´ve read a couple of FFs where some pokémon were released out of their pokéballs when they were needed in battle. As I´m not a big fan of pokéballs, they´re part of pokémon world and I myself use them in my own FF. It´d be hard to travel with 6 pokémon outside their pokéballs (not mentioning some pokémon aren´t able to walk (Goldeen) or are too big to travel with (Steelix))

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nereus View Post
    What I´m quite curious about is, how do trainers know which Pokémon is inside which pokéball. You know, they all look the same, but somehow Ash always know which pokémon is inside. Correct me if I´m wrong, but I think that pokéballs are transparent in manga (never read), but I´m not really convinced by this idea, since I´m more influenced by anime where pokéballs look the same.
    It could be he has them in a certain order on his belt or wherever he keeps them, like the party system in the games. And thank you for complimenting my idea (I find "complex" a compliment =P)

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nereus View Post
    I've always handled it by making it so that not all pokeballs do look the same. Like Instrutilus said, Ash probably just knows by the order on his belt, but I think they'd be pretty simple to tell apart if it were real. The inevitable scratches and marks would make each one unique, not to mention different types of balls, and in my 'verse it's common to mark them. For example, pokeballs distributed by the League (ie ones containing starters) would be marked with the League symbol. That's how I handle it.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

The way I do it is that trainers always put a pokebal in a designated space of their belt, it isn't so much that they're number as much as trainers just pick a pokeball from the slot they know the Pokemon is in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Instrutilus View Post
    I'll move "Instrutilus' Massive Multiverse Mayhem" into a new thread once I've gotten more work on it done. Otherwise, as a couple of people (coughFlazecoughGamacough) will know, I'm sciencing the Pokémon series. I've explained how the Pokéballs will work, with the black band being a device that will shrink the creatures by decreasing the empty space between particles that make up everything, then subject them to an anti-gravitational field that will prevent the still existent mass, therefore weight, from simply pulling the trainer down/causing a Wailord to fall into the core of the planet by combining the now smaller area of distribution with the still present weight. The weight is still there, it's simply decreased proportionate to the weight of the creature.

Anyway, it got me wondering: how do you explain Pokéballs in your world, if you do?
    Mine is that pokémon are converted into energy when in the pokéball, and it can actually be done on anything though pokémon, being overall stronger than humans, are able to survive, a human on the other hand would most likely sustain severe injuries or die. This is also how the healing machines work, by pumping energy in the right amounts into the pokéball and then when they reform their injuries are dealt with, though that would only be for basic physical injuries and anything else would require actual care outside of the ball. While in their 'energy form' the pokémon are basically in stasis. Since I know that sorta gives a big middle finger to Einstein and his theories(think of how much energy would be in one pokéball and what if it broke?) I sorta don't mention or use it for much, and thankfully the main character is still young enough to accept "It's complicated" as an answer XD

Quote Originally Posted by Flaze View Post
    If I'm wrong then we'll just forget about this xD
    well since its over two hours I can agree with him now and we can forget about this :P

Blog Entries

In my world, I had them convert the Pokemon to a form of digital data. It was basically like a transporter from Star Trek; The Pokeball would scan the Pokemon; if its internal pattern matched up with the pattern of the target (IE, the pokemon is registered to the pokeball), it would begin the transport sequence. The Pokemon's pattern would be converted into digital data and stored inside. In here, it basically doesn't exist, it's frozen in time. It doesn't get hungry, it doesn't age, it doesn't recover from a tough fight. When it was time to come out, it would be converted back into organic matter and reformed. If you really think about it, the creature that comes out of the Pokeball is never the same as the one that previously did, it is merely a weird form of cloning. It has the same holes in logic as Star Trek transporters.

I had Heavy Balls be heavier than normal Pokeballs too. Not sure how to explain that, as the technology that was inside was pretty much the same, and data doesn't really weigh anything.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    In my world, I had them convert the Pokemon to a form of digital data. It was basically like a transporter from Star Trek; The Pokeball would scan the Pokemon; if its internal pattern matched up with the pattern of the target (IE, the pokemon is registered to the pokeball), it would begin the transport sequence. The Pokemon's pattern would be converted into digital data and stored inside. In here, it basically doesn't exist, it's frozen in time. It doesn't get hungry, it doesn't age, it doesn't recover from a tough fight. When it was time to come out, it would be converted back into organic matter and reformed. If you really think about it, the creature that comes out of the Pokeball is never the same as the one that previously did, it is merely a weird form of cloning. It has the same holes in logic as Star Trek transporters.
    Hence why I will never use a teleporter if invented in my lifetime. Those things will kill us all and replace us. I also made it my purpose to avoid digitizing and teleporting Pokémon, then I figured "well, they have the tech to shrink the Pokéball down, why not do it to the Pokémon as well?"

Yey advanced future tech :L