Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 229
Page 229 of 476 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 7126

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

I sat next to two people this year who are obsessed with Homestuck, and it just sounds like the most insane thing on the planet! Whenever I asked them what it was about, I just got really really confused...

New Game of Thrones trailer finally premiering tonight! Cannot wait to get some new footage

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Stray Dog Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Yeah my friend once told me this about Homestuck "There's no way to describe the plot because the plot is simply nonsense" but she really likes it.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

Any love for The Review Game? Would be great to keep it going and I'm sure Flaze will appreciate the review.

Yeah so I've heard. It is something I just never could get into but from what I hear it is the craziest thing ever.

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia and more

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I'd keep participating, except I don't really have a story that I'm craving attention for at the moment. xP

Blog Entries

I tried to read homestuck like twice, and I couldn't get into it.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick- Or -Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scope and Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    Any love for The Review Game? Would be great to keep it going and I'm sure Flaze will appreciate the review.
    Er...this is kinda why I thought it was might not be a smart idea to bar people from participating every five turns, I'd love to to continue the game but I've already reviewed Flaze's Prologue as well as Chapter one. Re-reviewing it would be pointless and reductive, in situations like these it's usually good to offer more than one option if you suspect most have already reviewed your story. Or not ask for specific chapter reviews that have been out to the general community for quite a long time. The game has effectively stalled due to this. I couldn't review any of his future chapters either since I've done this....not sure what to say tbh :I

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

The story isn't actually that complicated - Wikipedia's actually got a pretty succinct and understandable summary.

I'm mostly reading it for the language. The word choice, description, dialogue, and style is absolutely amazing, and really invaluable from a writing standpoint. Like, who would have ever thought to call a piggy bank a "porkhollow?" The relationships and societies he creates are complex, but no more so than they really need to be.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post

Er...this is kinda why I thought it was might not be a smart idea to bar people from participating every five turns, I'd love to to continue the game but I've already reviewed Flaze's Prologue as well as Chapter one. Re-reviewing it would be pointless and reductive, in situations like these it's usually good to offer more than one option if you suspect most have already reviewed your story. Or not ask for specific chapter reviews that have been out to the general community for quite a long time. The game has effectively stalled due to this. I couldn't review any of his future chapters either since I've done this....not sure what to say tbh :I
    You could always offer your views on the prologue now that you have read more of the story and could discuss how your original views on the series have changed since you first read it or potentially just do a review of the series as a whole so far. While offering more options is a good idea, it is not as if the game is officially over now or anything. We have had two, week long delays already but they get turned around in the end. And again, the five turns thing is there to prevent people from trying to get too much attention as the entire reason why I chose to go ahead with the game was because we want a wide variety of stories to be recognised. I will discuss the idea of more chapter options to Soulmaster but we do not want to over complicate things either, more so than they already are.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I've actually already reviewed Flaze's fic and he's already reviewed mine... >_>

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Lugion View Post
    Yeah, I've actually already reviewed Flaze's fic and he's already reviewed mine... >_>
    This is the Review Game, not the Review Exchange. We have too many things called Review floating about :P One of them should be called The Judgement Corner and make it sound like something from the Underworld.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    We have too many things called Review floating about :P One of them should be called The Judgement Corner and make it sound like something from the Underworld.
    The Judgement Corner...where the dreams of fanfic writers everywhere go to die. O_O

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick- Or -Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scope and Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Blog Entries

That's totally not what I meant. I don't even know why I mentioned Flaze having already read and reviewed mine... >_>

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Visit AetherX's Youtube Channel

Go home Lugion, you're drunk.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    Go home Lugion, you're drunk.
    But I am home for the weekend. ;_;

Stray Dog Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries