Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 224

Page 224 of 399 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 5980
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

I try not to plan out too much. I like to know generally where I'm going, but if I meticulously plan, arrange, and rearrange every detail... I get bored.

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

I like to plan parts of things so that I at least know where I'm going to go, the rest of it kind of comes up as I go, I'm not the type that likes to plan everything ahead of time as I change my mind a lot.

I have nearly finished my first chapter of my first real fanfiction and I had no idea I would have so much fun doing it. I have well over 3000 words which hasn't really taken that long considering it usually takes me weeks and weeks to do a 3000 word essays for university. But this has just been so awesome to do, I am so glad I started, I have been reading them for years but I didnt think I would have it in me to do one of my own. Writing one during the busiest time of my life probably isn't one of the smartest of moves i'll ever make but I am enjoying it so its all good lol
    Gama likes this.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome aboard, @GioRocket;, I hope you're going to enjoy being around the Writer's Workshop.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GioRocket View Post
    I have nearly finished my first chapter of my first real fanfiction and I had no idea I would have so much fun doing it. I have well over 3000 words which hasn't really taken that long considering it usually takes me weeks and weeks to do a 3000 word essays for university. But this has just been so awesome to do, I am so glad I started, I have been reading them for years but I didnt think I would have it in me to do one of my own. Writing one during the busiest time of my life probably isn't one of the smartest of moves i'll ever make but I am enjoying it so its all good lol
    Good for you! It certainly is a lot easier to write 3000 words on something that you really like writing about. To be honest, I'm a lot less intimidated by expected essay lengths than I used to be. I now see everything as "Psht, that's not even a full chapter! I could pound that out in a couple nights."

Welcome to the community, we look forward to your first fic!

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Welcome GioRocket!

Anyhoo, on the subject of planning for fics, I usually know how I want my story to end and have the whole last chapter planned out. The issue is finding the motivation to reach that point, I get pretty burnt out about half-way through, then I get mad at myself, it's a never ending cycle :p

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster97 View Post
    Welcome GioRocket!

Anyhoo, on the subject of planning for fics, I usually know how I want my story to end and have the whole last chapter planned out. The issue is finding the motivation to reach that point, I get pretty burnt out about half-way through, then I get mad at myself, it's a never ending cycle :p
    I know that feeling, so you're not the only one
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Ooh, someone new?

I only focus on one chapter at a time and never plan out my stuff in advance. I'll sometimes have an idea of the things I want to happen in that chapter, but most of the time, it's honestly just a bit of a crapshoot. I only write when I have ideas so I don't have to force my stories through some contrived plot if it turns out that what I planned out isn't going to work anymore. I know it's not really an efficient way of writing, but...
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

My personal experience is that when people don't plan much at all, their stories don't make a lot of sense, but when they plan too much they never really get around to writing it at all.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I honestly spend more time on character backgrounds than I do rigid planning. I always (obviously) have a basic idea of where I'm going, and as much as I'd like to, I never write things out of order. I have enough a plan that I can riddle my story with foreshadowing, but usually it's just in my head.
    Last edited by AetherX; 13th February 2013 at 12:28 AM.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

@NoirGrimoir;: Well, I can certainly see you're a big fan of the new Eeveelution. XD I think it's really cute too!

So, guys, I've been trying to do some more writing lately, but I've been too addicted to Fire Emblem: Awakening. lol. But I'm going to be taking a break from the game for awhile because I'm waiting for some certain DLC for it to come out. :3

So I'll be getting more writing done soon!

Blog Entries

@Keldeo; I do like it, its adorable and I want one and there is no way in hell it's a dragon type, but whatever, certain people can think what they want until it's shoved in their face. Though mostly I just wanted one of the new pokemon on a banner. Jumping on the wagon, as it were.

As for myself, I just had what I consider an awesome idea for a slash pokemon fic (Burgh x OC), though I have to wonder if anyone would read it, if I posted it.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Ms. Canadian Destroyer Caite-chan's Avatar
    Follow Caite-chan On Twitter

Seeing as how Valentines Day is tomorrow does anyone ever write a fic or maybe just a one shot for holidays like this? I don't normally but I had an idea pop into my head and could help but to write a little something anyways.
    Fan Fic: Loving Hope
    Chapter 8 - Posted // Chapter 9 - Needs To Be Posted
    3DS Friends Code: 0834-1774-6902

THE CULT OF PERSONALITY System Error's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    @NoirGrimoir;: Well, I can certainly see you're a big fan of the new Eeveelution. XD I think it's really cute too!
    is it wrong that when I heard it was an Eevee evo, my first thought was to write this scene?

That aside, I find it moderately amusing I put in a line in my fic specifically to imply that there might more evolutions to Eevee than are Official Nintendo Pokemon - with added uncertainty fitting for the speaker - just for the sake of making the fic's scale feel grander ("Doesn't Eevee have like eight or nine different ways to evolve?") and not for any other reason. And then Nintendo goes and adds an eighth. So hey, added advantage of having covered myself just in case? :P

Actually, I personally think they (Eevee and its evos) are an obsession that must be suppressed. Probably one of the few who thinks that. :/ And it feels so wrong to have that opinion and yet partially feature them in my fic - even if it is only for worldcrafting reasons. Though to clarify, I don't hate them. Only this new one. >_>
    Don't know what to put here.

Blog Entries

Seeing as I am not all that great at short stories (I just don't do short, as the length of my chapters can attest...) no, I don't usually do holiday short-fics. I've written a straight up Hetalia fanfiction based around Christmas though. I mean, it wasn't about Christmas, it just happened to happen during Christmas.