Page 221 of 400 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 5994
Like Tree760Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

For shame, Kelleo. For shame.

Better watch your back, the movie police will kidnap you and force you to watch it ;)

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

I know what the movie is but I've never seen it :p so then they'll have to get me too.

Blog Entries

You two have never seen it?

INCONCEIVABLE!

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Never challenge a Sicilian when death is on the line!
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    But there are other implications that Chrom's other options for wives are just as likely to be true canon, if you ask me. Chrom has known Sully since childhood, he and the Avatar have to work closely together no matter what since she's his tactician, Maribelle is his sister's best friend and has also known him a long time, I believe, and Olivia's son looks a lot like him (seriously, Inigo looks JUST like Chrom, imo, even with a different hair color).
    Ok, but since you're insisting on pairing your avatar up with Frederick in every playthrough, that potential goes out the window, and none of the other choices except maybe Olivia would be a decent match for Chrom. Sully is even worse at diplomacy than Chrom is - she'd make a decent khan of Regna Farox, maybe, but she'd be shit as a queen of Ylisse. Maribelle would be only slightly better, but that temper of hers isn't any less fierce than Sully's, only slightly more refined. And in order to get Chrom to marry Olivia, you pretty much have to keep him completely sequestered away from every single other woman on the field until that point, which is not only difficult, but in many cases tactically unsound. Besides, Olivia also would probably make a bad queen. She's not from Ylisse, for starters. She's also cripplingly shy and prone to panicking whenever she thinks anyone is staring at her. As a queen, people are gonna be staring at her a lot.

Sumia, on the other hand, does learn when and how to stand up to Chrom in her own way as part of her character development in their support - and not just by punching him. She's not just infatuated, but she genuinely cares about his well-being, is perceptive enough to know when Chrom is pushing himself too hard, and smart enough to know how she can get him to relax and take care of himself without damaging his reputation among the rest of the Shepherds. She has her own opinions and insight onto situations, but most of all she actually respects Chrom not just as a prince, but as a person. These are all skills that indicate that Sumia, out of Chrom's available choices, would actually make the best queen, and why she's the "canon" choice. And for the record, she only trips like twice, and both times were because she was nervous. Are you seriously telling me that she's an awful character just because she starts off shy, clumsy, and smitten with a man no one would ever look down on her for being in love with?

"He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

I can't imagine how you people have escaped seeing The Princess Bride. Like, how is that even possible?

Man I was cruising through battles but once you get to like chapter 14 it suddenly gets really hard. O_O At least so far.

To be honest, the female player character and Chrom I think make the most sense out of all the possible pairings, and Morgan easily looks like he could be Chrom's son. It's based on mutual respect as well as the player character plain making a good queen, by being a tactician, being pretty diplomatic and cool-headed. And Chrom was always interested in the player character from the beginning. He's the one who picked up the player character to begin with. Makes perfect sense.

I think Lon'qu and Panne make so much sense, also. Panne's son kind of looks like Lon'qu and even has a similar personality.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Blog Entries

Follow Ahnyo on Tumblr Visit Ahnyo's Youtube Channel

I've never seen The Princess Bride, either. I remember it was one of the movies they played during our field trip to Washington D.C, but I fell asleep during it.

Blog Entries

D: Do we need to have a showing or something? To initiate the un-initiated?

@NoirGrimoir; I knoooooooooow D: I'm having so much trouble keeping people alive. I'm having a hell of a time finding master seals, so most of them are still their original class, and I'm the only non-healing magic-user. I've taken to pretty much turtling up in a easily defended place on the map, putting Olivia behind me (shielded on all other sides by the rest of my troops) and just going to town.

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Well I just didn't understand the film xD I only saw the beginning.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Ok, but since you're insisting on pairing your avatar up with Frederick in every playthrough, that potential goes out the window, and none of the other choices except maybe Olivia would be a decent match for Chrom. Sully is even worse at diplomacy than Chrom is - she'd make a decent khan of Regna Farox, maybe, but she'd be shit as a queen of Ylisse. Maribelle would be only slightly better, but that temper of hers isn't any less fierce than Sully's, only slightly more refined. And in order to get Chrom to marry Olivia, you pretty much have to keep him completely sequestered away from every single other woman on the field until that point, which is not only difficult, but in many cases tactically unsound. Besides, Olivia also would probably make a bad queen. She's not from Ylisse, for starters. She's also cripplingly shy and prone to panicking whenever she thinks anyone is staring at her. As a queen, people are gonna be staring at her a lot.
    Like I care about this? Besides, I'm sure any of Chrom's options for wives could become good queens in their own ways. Not every queen has to be like Emmeryn. They could rule like Flavia instead if they wanted.

Sumia, on the other hand, does learn when and how to stand up to Chrom in her own way as part of her character development in their support - and not just by punching him. She's not just infatuated, but she genuinely cares about his well-being, is perceptive enough to know when Chrom is pushing himself too hard, and smart enough to know how she can get him to relax and take care of himself without damaging his reputation among the rest of the Shepherds. She has her own opinions and insight onto situations, but most of all she actually respects Chrom not just as a prince, but as a person. These are all skills that indicate that Sumia, out of Chrom's available choices, would actually make the best queen, and why she's the "canon" choice. And for the record, she only trips like twice, and both times were because she was nervous. Are you seriously telling me that she's an awful character just because she starts off shy, clumsy, and smitten with a man no one would ever look down on her for being in love with?
    Who says Chrom's other options don't respect him as a person too? Who says they can't help him relax too? I'm sure everyone has their own ways of relaxing. Also, as I said, I don't CARE. You're not ever going to convince me to ship Chrom with Sumia nor not ship my Avatar with Frederick and that's that. And I'm allowed to dislike Sumia if I want to and I'm allowed to play the game how I wish. I don't care if it's difficult to get a support between Chrom and Olivia, I'll at least try for it.

Also, if Sumia is the canon choice for Chrom, why does he have other options for wives in the first place? There would be no point.

Blog Entries

I don't like Sumia either, she's annoying as hell. If I do another run, I think I'll pair him with Maribelle just because she's the only chick of those possible who I like as a character. I like Sully too, but she seems way too much of a tomboy for Chrom.

@Feliciano; Eh? You can't find master seals? I've gotten a lot from battles and there's also a particular place that just plain sells them. Pretty much all of my characters are second class. I think I need to just stop pairing characters so much so I have more attacks in a turn. Also, Lissa will not stop sucking, its annoying the hell out of me. The other healer I use is the War Monk guy, forgot his name. He's good because he can at least attack when he has to and heal from a distance. I think she'll be better if I can get her to her second class, but it's hard going, man. I like how when Cordelia upgrades to Falcon Knight she gets the ability to use heals, that's helped me out a couple times. She was hard to keep alive at first, it seemed like archers would pop up out of nowhere to KO her, but after upgrading she's really reliable. Also, Henry upgraded to a Dark Knight is pretty badass. My player character actually has the highest rating, though. I Katarina's Lightning the shit out everything with her. Oh, you think you can attack me? Oh you missed! Oh I just KO'd you with lightning magic! Sorry~! ♥ You were supposed to kill me weren't you? O-hohohoho~!!

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Blog Entries

Oh god, ship to ship warfare. Everyone duck and cover.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Dude, Kelleo, chill. I'm just presenting my argument for why Sumia isn't a godawful character like you seem to think, and why I think that she's the best choice to pair up with Chrom. I'm not trying to force you to agree with me, I'm trying to have a logical discussion about the character. But other choices or not, she is canon - she was standing next to Chrom and holding Lucina in her arms in the game's trailer. Obviously, the other choices are there so that you actually can experiment with the other social links and find the one that you like best - just because she's technically canon doesn't mean that there can't be other options people might like better. I may not be a diehard fan of the series, but even I can tell that that experimentation is where a lot of the game's replayability comes from.

Jesus, what have I gotten myself into? I haven't landed in a fandom discussion this heated since the days I cared about the Pokémon anime.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    Eh? You can't find master seals? I've gotten a lot from battles and there's also a particular place that just plain sells them. Pretty much all of my characters are second class.
    No, I can't. I'm not up to the point where you can buy them yet, and I've only gotten two so far from battles - I used one on my character to make her a sorceress and I used the other on Chrom. I know there's one in the upcoming story battle, but I'm having a really hard time with it. I forget the chapter...12 I think? The one with the ship and the crapton of knights?

Blog Entries

90% finished with the latest chapter of Downfall of a Champion. I'm very pleased with how things are going right now.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion