Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 220

Page 220 of 400 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 5992
Like Tree760Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Damn, so I feel like Im out of the loop. Is Fire Emblem something I should get? What's the story? Haven't heard of it.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    O_O The scared ones are the cute ones~!

I want my avatar to get with him, but she's actually the only character I like for Chrom, of the ones available, meh. I think I'll put Lon'qu and Panne together and my Avatar with Chrom.
    I'm going to pair Chrom with Olivia. I did like Chrom and Sumia at first, but then I discovered Sumia's character, which I don't like much, and the fact that the game shoves her for Chrom in your face. Thankfully, Chrom doesn't seem to make this mutual outside of their support.

@Legacy;: I thought you had mentioned being interested in the series earlier in the thread. o.O

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    Damn, so I feel like Im out of the loop. Is Fire Emblem something I should get? What's the story? Haven't heard of it.
    The story varies from game to game, but the series is known for very well-written characters, philosophical choices that the player is actually invested in, and grand settings. In a more technical sense, it's an overhead turn-based strategy game kind of in the same vein as Risk or Civilization in that you move your units around a grid, and different units have different strengths and weaknesses. There's also a leveling and class system where your units gain exp and become more powerful and you can promote them to a stronger class or change their class entirely, so there's a lot of strategy. There's also a system where, if two units fight together a lot on the battlefield, they become better friends (and, if they're compatible, they can even marry and have kids - which you can then use in your army). This is my fire Fire Emblem game, but Ryuu insisted on getting it for me, since he loves the series. I'm having some trouble with some of the battles, but overall, I'm liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    O_O The scared ones are the cute ones~!

I want my avatar to get with him, but she's actually the only character I like for Chrom, of the ones available, meh. I think I'll put Lon'qu and Panne together and my Avatar with Chrom.
    I'm going to pair Chrom with Olivia. I did like Chrom and Sumia at first, but then I discovered Sumia's character, which I don't like much, and the fact that the game shoves her for Chrom in your face. Thankfully, Chrom doesn't seem to make this mutual outside of their support.
    I really don't know who to pair Panne with :/ All of her social links are so...I dunno, she's cool, but she's just so angry all the time. I shipped Lon'qu and Cordelia, Chrom and Sumia, me and Gaius, and Stahl and Lissa, and I'm gonna ship Gregor and Olivia and Sully and Vaike once I get their ranks up a bit.

Oh come on, Kelleo. Sumia punches Chrom in the face to get him to calm down when he's anxious. How is that a character to dislike? Besides, the game's got to have at least one canon couple to advertise, and none of the characters make their romantic interests known outside of their supports.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I was interested in FE, but now you girls are making it sound like it's only about shipping xD

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    they can even marry and have kids - which you can then use in your army
    Isn't that kind of... weird? What if the kid just wants to be a chef or something? HAVE YOU NO SYMPATHY FOR THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN?!?!?

Regardless of romance and child enslavement, I'll have to wait on getting it. I haven't even gotten White 2 yet, as my first gen DS is starting to fall apart after eight wonderful years of love and happiness. I feel like if I try to play it anymore it will break completely :'( So many memories of Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon...

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    I was interested in FE, but now you girls are making it sound like it's only about shipping xD
    Pairing up units and ranking up their social links makes them fight more effectively, so there is a practical element to it

Isn't that kind of... weird? What if the kid just wants to be a chef or something? HAVE YOU NO SYMPATHY FOR THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN?!?!?
    One of the kids wants to be a dancer like his mom, so there's that. But otherwise, none of them (to my knowledge) really express any interest in not wanting to follow in their parents' footsteps. Besides, there are lots of different ways to go about it - they could focus on magic, they could become cavaliers, pegasus knights, regular knights, thieves, crit-happy swordsmen, you name it, and this is on top of the ability to change their class, so it's not like they're shoehorned into one particular role.

Regardless of romance and child enslavement, I'll have to wait on getting it. I haven't even gotten White 2 yet, as my first gen DS is starting to fall apart after eight wonderful years of love and happiness. I feel like if I try to play it anymore it will break completely :'( So many memories of Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon...
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, Awakening is exclusive to the 3DS, so you wouldn't be able to play it on your first gen DS anyway. But sorry to hear about that one dying...*pat*

"He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Yeah I'd have to get a 3DS for X or Y anyway... It just won't be the same. My current one is covered in awesome stickers from the Nintendo Power 20th anniversary sticker sheet :( Never felt this attached to an inanimate object.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Yeah...it's always rough getting rid of things when you have memories attached to them That's how I've ended up with so much stuff over the years, and partially why it's so hard for me to get up the motivation to clean it all out so that moving out isn't a herculean task (when I'd really only need about a quarter of the stuff...)
    AetherX likes this.

Blog Entries

So far I've got Panne with Lon'qu, Me with Chrom, Sully with Virion, Gregor with Nowi and I've almost got Cordelia with Frederick.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And I gotta wait to do all that in Fire Emblem: Awakening until April here in Europe :(
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Oh come on, Kelleo. Sumia punches Chrom in the face to get him to calm down when he's anxious. How is that a character to dislike? Besides, the game's got to have at least one canon couple to advertise, and none of the characters make their romantic interests known outside of their supports.
    I heard about that, and I think it's stupid of her to punch not just her superior officer, but the PRINCE, in the face like that. Even if it's just to calm him down because he's anxious or something. Also her clumsiness makes her look stupid too. And yes, I know, I just didn't think the game would push it so much. But there are other implications that Chrom's other options for wives are just as likely to be true canon, if you ask me. Chrom has known Sully since childhood, he and the Avatar have to work closely together no matter what since she's his tactician, Maribelle is his sister's best friend and has also known him a long time, I believe, and Olivia's son looks a lot like him (seriously, Inigo looks JUST like Chrom, imo, even with a different hair color).

I actually believe IS did this on purpose so no one pairing was more likely than the others to be absolute canon.

Anyway, now that I have both Gaius and Maribelle, I can start building their support.

Blog Entries

Inigo? Was his father killed by a man with six fingers on his right hand?

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Is his family name Montoya?
    AetherX likes this.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Uh, what are you guys talking about? I don't know what you're getting at. :/

Anyway, I just unlocked some cute bonus dialogue between Frederick and my Avatar! It was real short, but oh, Freddy, you are such a charm. Hee hee.

Also, I got to the part where Sumia punches Chrom. The only thing I found funny about it was Chrom's reaction. Otherwise, it was stupid. It would've been funnier if Sumia had actually INTENDED to punch him. But she meant to slap him. Shows how annoyingly stupid she is.

Blog Entries

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

It's from The Princess Bride, Kelleo.
    AetherX likes this.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Oh. Sorry, I never saw that movie. I've heard of it though.