Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 6024
Like Tree761Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

It wasn't much! Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

I've always been interested in Fire Emblem but I never really played it.

Blog Entries

Never got into FE either, but it sound interesting.

Also, I'm hung over.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Well, you guys should if you're interested! It's an amazing series, with epic storylines and deep characters. Path of Radiance for the GC is the one I started with, but FE7 (just Fire Emblem outside of Japan) for the GBA is good for beginners too. The easy mode tutorials in both are simple to understand. I find PoR to be easier and have a better story and all though. But FE7 is by no means bad. It's just not quite as good. :P

It wasn't much! Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Hard night of partying legacy xD

I'm not hungover but I'm really tired myself.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

lol partying. XD

Oh, I also forgot to mention that FE is also well-known for its beautiful soundtrack. The music in the GC and Wii games is orchestrated and some of the best music in gaming history, imo. But there's some great music in the handheld ones as well. :)

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't have a hungover, but a flu instead :(

About the new Fire Emblem, when you said you played the demo of it, I thought it was weird since I couldn't find it, though I guess in Europe it isn't available yet. The reason might be since the game won't be released here before April.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Tophat Dragoneye View Post
    I don't have a hungover, but a flu instead :(

About the new Fire Emblem, when you said you played the demo of it, I thought it was weird since I couldn't find it, though I guess in Europe it isn't available yet. The reason might be since the game won't be released here before April.
    Gah, I hope you feel better, Tophat. I've had the flu twice this winter, and it isn't fun, I agree. D:

As for the FE: Awakening demo, yeah, I believe it's only for the US so far. But Europe will probably get one too, I'm sure. :)

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

::sends Tophat a truckload of OJ
    Tophat Dragoneye likes this.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Add Kelleo on Facebook

So, guys, once I play a good bit of FE: Awakening, I was thinking of writing this one-shot where Chrom is telling his daughter the story of one of my original FE characters from Dawn of Darkness. One that becomes mighty famous and legendary (legendary enough to get their story across the dimensional gate, that is, seeing as Awakening takes place in a different world). Chrom seems to know some tales about past FE heroes, like Ike and Marth, so yeah. It wouldn't be unreasonable for him to know a couple more, methinks.

Note that this story would spoil some of DoD, so if you don't want to spoil yourself, don't read it. However, it wouldn't speak of anything that hasn't pretty much already been revealed. Major things, that is. So we don't have to worry about that.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

im just getting over a bad case of strep throat and i have bronchitis now because of it ahh

anyway hi guys, long time no see.

in other news... do you guys just

ever have those moments where you absolutely loathe everything you write and you feel like you cant get anything right and you just hate everything that you spit out like

im in one of those moods right now. im trying to write some fan-fiction and i have all these ideas but whenever i write them down and try to start something i get angry at it and start over and sometimes i get so frustrated that i just scrap the idea entirely. yesterday i was trying to write a draft for an idea but i couldnt even get past the first sentence. i actually started crying because i felt like i wasnt getting anything right and i was untalented and a failure andam,d ,asndakds

sometimes i feel like giving up on writing but it has brought so much joy and relaxation in my life. it helps me cope with my stress, depression, anxiety, and sensory integration disorder (it's a type of autism if you guys dont know) and now i just hate everything i write and it's so agonizing and painful and i really wish i could just quit comparing myself to other works and thinking "wow i suck i can never be that good"

i just dont know anymore

/quits spewing my personal problems on here and sulks away

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Aw man, nooo! No no no no no no no noooo! Physical copies of FE: Awakening might be delayed a few days. DX And all because of a stinking shipping error! I've already waited so long for this game, I dun't wanna have to wait anymore! ;_;

And yeah, I've had some ideas in the past that just wouldn't come out right in writing before. And it did annoy me very much. >_<

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

@ectoBiologist; Although I've never encountered that feeling when it comes to writing, I have felt that way about my music. Sometimes I'll get to to the point where I'm cursing at myself and throwing stuff around the room because I've just spent hours and hours on something that sounds like utter shit. In the end, the way I always get through it is to walk away, come back later, and try again. Sure, you'll probably never be as good as the best writers, but that's the point of them being the best, isn't it? There's no reason why you still can't be good, though. Passion and persistence is what makes writers stand out in the end. Keep trying with ideas old and new, eventually time will work things out.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

@ectoBiologist; I get that way all the time, especially with my own original stories. It frustrates the hell out of me. One day I can be writing along and feel pretty happy about things, and the next day I'll look back at it and be certain its the worst piece of crap ever conceived of by man. I'm one of those people who can't just write things straight through and edit the whole thing later on, it has to be perfect on the first draft. I write some, go back edit, write some more, go back edit, write some more, repeat ad infinitum. When things don't seem to be working how I want, I've been known to discard the whole thing. I wish I knew how to challenge that, but I really don't know a foolproof method. I also have anxiety and dysthimia (a type of mild depression), so that's probably why we both feel that way. You just have to try to remind yourself that the way you're feeling about it now is just a reflection of your mood, and make sure you don't delete anything, since you might return to it later and have a whole other opinion on it.

Personally, when nothing I write seems any good, I just don't write, I read something I love, or do something else I really enjoy. When I start to feel inspired, then I return, and usually things flow a lot better and I'm happier with what I've written. Another thing that I think might help people like us is journaling about how you're feeling. Its just for you, so it doesn't have to be 'good' it just has to be real and express your anxiety. That can maybe get you into a writerly-mood, and when the emotions are there I think writers usually turn out something interesting. It might make you feel better about your anxieties. Still, sometimes it's just a matter of not being in the mood. You can try to force yourself through that, but I think it could be better not to. Trust me, I might stop writing for a week or even a month, but I always come back to it. I just love it too much. Eventually the words will come, its only a matter of time.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Blog Entries

Ran into a bit of a snag on my new fic. Nothing serious, I'm just not sure how to proceed to the next scene.

Blog Entries

You got this, @Prof. Lugion;

Just try clearing your mind for a while, then go back to it and plan out what you want to accomplish. A little mental snag ain't no thang for a writer like you!