Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 5993
Like Tree760Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Honestly May's boobs aren't really that big xD I mean they're bigger than average but I don't think it's exaggerated or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Gale View Post
    Honestly May's boobs aren't really that big xD I mean they're bigger than average but I don't think it's exaggerated or anything.
    She's got me beat. And she's 10?!?!

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    Untrue. Sugar is sugar, it doesn't matter where it comes from. Most processed sugar comes from sugar cane or corn and is completely natural. Natural does not equal better for you.

Also, for the record, carbs and starches are sugar. So pasta and potatoes are pretty much pure sugar.
    Processed is not natural. Processed food has ingredients added to it and is changed. Also, if fruit sugar was as bad for you as anything else with sugar, why is it supposed to be healthier than sweets and other foods in that group?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    Untrue. Sugar is sugar, it doesn't matter where it comes from. Most processed sugar comes from sugar cane or corn and is completely natural. Natural does not equal better for you.

Also, for the record, carbs and starches are sugar. So pasta and potatoes are pretty much pure sugar.
    Processed is not natural. Processed food has ingredients added to it and is changed. Also, if fruit sugar was as bad for you as anything else with sugar, why is it supposed to be healthier than sweets and other foods in that group?
    Fruit itself is "healthy" because of vitamins and fiber and such, but there is virtually no difference in the sugar in it. Drinking a gallon of sugary fruit juice is still bad for you in terms of the amount of sugar you are taking in as drinking the equivalent volume of soda.

Moderation is the key!

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Can I get your opinion on these ideas that I had, I can't pick which one to explore on.

Anyways so I have these two ideas that I've been debating on since last week. The first idea takes place in a futuristic world, after a strange meteor shower 10 years before the start of the story more than a quarter of humanity ended up turning into a cross between humans and Pokemon called "Hybrids" these former humans have to live in solitude and flee as they are constantly chased by the forces of the government who want to capture them because of the danger they pose to humanity, in their eyes at least.

The story centers around two main characters, Jessie, a Blaziken hybrid who lost his family during the meteor shower and has been drifting around trying to find a place to live peacefully and Michael a young teenager that has just joined the Hybrid Ensnaring Forces. Michael's mother was killed by Hybrids back when he was still a kid, while Michael himself knows the difference between a good and a bad hybrid and has a very strong code of honor he is unaware of the second personality he has within him, Luce, a ruthless being who wants to capture and kill all hybrids for what they did to their mother and who wants to take over Michael's body completely.

Along with these two the story will incorporate more characters from both sides as well as their own struggle, with Jesse finding out that his sister survived the shower and has become a HEF agent and Michael struggling to stop Luce from taking over his body completely.

The reason I want to do this one is because it'll be my first time trying to go through a "grey" route fic where neither side is completely good or completely evil, the fic itself will be split into it's own fic for each Part of the story and each Part will probably be 20 chapters at its highest with probably 3 of 4 parts.

The second idea is a little simpler. The fic takes place in the real world not too far into the future the first virtual reality game has been made and this game was made using Pokemon as it's core foundation. The fic itself is about a group of people that meet each other in the game and have to go through multiple adventures and encounters, through this they also have to deal with their own problems in real life. The story itself is an ensemble cast story focusing on each one of the members of the group with a plot that develops through a series of multiple arcs as the group ends up finding out that one of their friends has more to do with the secret of the game that they are led to believe.

Much like the games the virtual game has assigned players that fill the role of gym leaders one of the central villains of the fic will be one of the gymleaders who wants to figure out a way to reprogram the game and make it his own play thing. Of course there are bigger baddies lurking in the shadows that are part of the main secrets of this "out of this world" game. Unlike other virtual reality franchise the game itself doesn't give people any sort of abilities or anything so it's pretty much like a second "life"in a way.

The reason I wanna do this is because it'll be my first time doing a fic with an ensemble cast plus I've always liked the concepts of these kind of things cause I was a huge fan of .hack years ago and since this fic was based on an old RP I had I have most of the plot and things figured out

Blog Entries

@Kelleo Because it actually has nutritional value like vitamins and other things your body needs. Fruit Juice is definitely better for you, its just not because it has less or better sugar or anything.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Stellar, I like the idea of the first story better. Sounds romantic.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Akari View Post
    Fruit itself is "healthy" because of vitamins and fiber and such, but there is virtually no difference in the sugar in it. Drinking a gallon of sugary fruit juice is still bad for you in terms of the amount of sugar you are taking in as drinking the equivalent volume of soda.
    Also because of the natural sugars in it. Nature would not have made these sugars if our bodies didn't have use for it. These are the sugars that help us regulate our blood sugar levels and keep them normal. I should know, I had to drink sugar juice to keep mine level when I was hospitalized for seizures. And yeah, too much of ANYTHING is bad for you, even the healthiest food. Not even I would drink a whole gallon of fruit juice in one day. lol

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akari View Post
    Anyways, I'm excited, although boys probably won't care. I just ordered two new Pokèmon shirts and the infamous Pokèball bra!
    I am going to spend my entire life looking for a girl that will wear a Pokèball bra.

Butting into the fruit juice conversation, regular fruits are considered much healthier than fruit juices. Fruit juice is mostly the bad stuff in fruits, although there is often added Vitamin C etc. To be honest the only completely healthy drinks are water and milk. Although as Akari said, anything in moderation isn't really a problem. Nothing wrong with some sugars here and there. Glucose is where our energy comes from, after all (I think).

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Add Kelleo on Facebook

True, some juice these days aren't great for you, like Sunny D. That stuff tastes terrible too. But anyway, other juice has ingredients like calcium added for those who are lactose intolerant. So juice is definitely still healthy.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Aetherx I think we're all going to be trying to find a girl with that bra xD so I blame you Akari :P

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I didn't drink a whole lot in college, but that was mainly because I stuck with a small group of friends, most of whom are (admittedly for very good reasons) about as dry as a Saharan sumer. My parents also aren't really big drinkers, and Ryuu's underage, so I can't exactly go out drinking with him. Most people don't drink to get drunk - they drink because it's a social activity, and as long as it's in moderation, it's a rather fun one.

That being said, rum and whiskey and vodka make my face burn. They're nice for shots, though
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

I missed a lot while I was asleep :P

@Stellar Gale; I like both but the first is pulling just a little ahead.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Okay counting all the people I've asked so far that makes 3 for Online and 2 for Hybrids xD these two ideas are things I've had in my mind for years now actually.

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I seem to recall you talking about them before. Can't say which idea I find more interesting, they both seem cool.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud