Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 195

Page 195 of 399 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 5974
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    I always wondered why people HAD to have alcohol at parties. Can't a party be fun with soda or juice? Same with watching sports games on tv or having a barbecue.
    Very good point, but drinking and losing your inhibitions once in a while can be fun, especially while you are young. The key is being careful and making sure everyone is doing so safely.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Lugion View Post
    Different strokes for different blokes, I guess. I'm not much one for alcohol myself, but I don't hold anything against people who drink (responsibly, anyways). I've actually driven a few drunk friends home from parties before. I made sure they knew I approved of them calling me.
    Yeah, but soda and juice are healthier. Especially juice (since soda is pretty much just sugar). And people who drink too much wouldn't have to worry about calling someone or paying for a taxi to get home. xP

The small giant Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

I'm not much of a drinker honestly, I only drink a bit at parties out of courtesy and such but other than that I don't really like it cause I've got a sweet tooth and most drinks I've drunk have been bitter

Add Kelleo on Facebook

I never drink at all. I hate it and it can be really bad for you. Yes, I've actually tried it before too. Any alcoholic beverage I've tasted was awful. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Lugion View Post
    Different strokes for different blokes, I guess. I'm not much one for alcohol myself, but I don't hold anything against people who drink (responsibly, anyways). I've actually driven a few drunk friends home from parties before. I made sure they knew I approved of them calling me.
    Yeah, but soda and juice are healthier. Especially juice (since soda is pretty much just sugar). And people who drink too much wouldn't have to worry about calling someone or paying for a taxi to get home. xP
    Soda is not in the least bit healthy haha :) even most juices are unhealthy nowadays despite the packaging and marketing as such.

Alcohol is not either, obvi. Just like anything, it should be used in moderation...before your clothes fall off.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Akari View Post

Soda is not in the least bit healthy haha :) even most juices are unhealthy nowadays despite the packaging and marketing as such.
    I didn't say soda was healthy. I said it was healthIER. Soda can make you gain weight, but it doesn't destroy your brain and liver like alcohol does. And juice comes from fruit, so it's always good for you. Unless it's full of artificial junk, that is. But I only drink juice that has natural flavors and such anyway.

Blog Entries

Not to jump in randomly, but juice is easily as much or more sugar than soda, especially if the soda is diet. Fruit are packed with Fructose, which is just fruit-sugar, basically, and your body processes it the same. Most diet soda has zero sugars. What is bad about some sodas is they are full of sodium, which de-hydrates you, and dark sodas have an ingredient that causes cellulite.

I don't really drink, either. The idea of not being in control of myself terrifies me, and I just plain don't like the taste of most alcohol.

I will drink margaritas at home, though. (Yum...)

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Akari View Post

I didn't say soda was healthy. I said it was healthIER. Soda can make you gain weight, but it doesn't destroy your brain and liver like alcohol does. And juice comes from fruit, so it's always good for you. Unless it's full of artificial junk, that is. But I only drink juice that has natural flavors and such anyway.
    I agree.

Although, red wine and other alcoholic drinks actually have some health benefits, particularly in terms of cardiovascular health. Boom!

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    Not to jump in randomly, but juice is easily as much or more sugar than soda, especially if the soda is diet. Fruit are packed with Fructose, which is just fruit-sugar, basically, and your body processes it the same. Most diet soda has zero sugars. What is bad about some sodas is they are full of sodium, which de-hydrates you, and dark sodas have an ingredient that causes cellulite.
    That's NATURAL sugars. The sugar in soda is artificial and makes you fat. The sugar in fruit is the type that's good for you. My parents taught me this myself since I'm a big fruit and juice lover.

Blog Entries

Untrue. Sugar is sugar, it doesn't matter where it comes from. Most processed sugar comes from sugar cane or corn and is completely natural. Natural does not equal better for you.

Also, for the record, carbs and starches are sugar. So pasta and potatoes are pretty much pure sugar.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

I think ANY type of sugar can make you gain weight unless consumed in moderation.

Anyways, I'm excited, although boys probably won't care. I just ordered two new Pokèmon shirts and the infamous Pokèball bra!

Blog Entries

Congrats! Lol, I think guys would be pretty interested in a pokeball bra.

The small giant Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

pokeball bra huh?

Yup, I was gonna make one myself on just a normal bra, but i suck at that sort of thing. Just came in the mail! I feel like that's what a girl like May (huge boobs) would wear under her shirt in the anime!

Blog Entries

A LOT of juices these days are full of processed sugar anyways (Hi-C, Capri Sun, etc.). Soda has absolute TONS of sugar and other ingredients that are absolutely terrible for your health (doesn't mean they don't taste good lol).

Alcoholic beverages, on the other hand, run the gambit from high-sugar to practically none, and alcohol itself actually doesn't affect your brain as badly as you might think. It's a depressant, yes, but a bit of alcohol every now and then isn't going to drop your IQ like Britney dropped K-Fed. Wine in particular has several health benefits, and the stress relief is rather beneficial too.