Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 19
Page 19 of 453 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Oh, I have a file of stories I keep updated regularly with tales that might work in the Pokeworld (or could be tweaked to work in the Pokeworld)
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As a person I'd say I'm Neutral Good, but my character is Chaotic Good. It's a fun game, especially when you have a good bunch of friends playing. What my group has recently started doing is handing out a random Bertie Bott's Every-Flavor Bean to anyone who rolls a one on a twenty sided die. I still can't get the taste of earthworm off of my tongue...

Anyway, I really feel like bragging right now so feel free to ignore this, but I just found out I got into Oregon State University with a $7,000 renewable scholarship. I'm so excited! Gonna go be a Beaver next fall. Related: my dad pointed out that he has one son who's a Cougar and one who's a Beaver, so he can't really argue with that. I don't blame you if you don't get it, but it made me lol.

Run through any Wall Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

I just wanna know the alignments xD how can I figure out my characters alignments?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaret View Post
    Wait, so does this mean I've already obtained a badge for the award I received a few seasons ago?

Oh, and I finished part one to that short story I was working on, guys...guys....
    No, the past awards are still recognized, but the badges started with this season.

Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

Look it up on TVTropes, Haze. Also there's personality quizzes around you can take which determine where you sit, and you can just take them as your character. The one I took was on OKCupid, amusingly enough. It was surprisingly good, though I'd have no idea how to find it again.
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I took the test in Wizard of the Coast's website to see what D&D character I am. Turns out that I'm lawful good. Here's the link to the test if anyone is interested: Link
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Using the link you gave, I'm apparently Neutral Good............coooooooool.

I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey guys, I've been wondering this for quite sometime. Do any of you have a favorite piece of fanfiction? Whether or not it was life changing? If so, what is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Hey guys, I've been wondering this for quite sometime. Do any of you have a favorite piece of fanfiction? Whether or not it was life changing? If so, what is it?
    I've got a couple of yaoi fanfics that I saved in case I would never be able to find the links. I still read them from time to time.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post

Anyway, I really feel like bragging right now so feel free to ignore this, but I just found out I got into Oregon State University with a $7,000 renewable scholarship. I'm so excited! Gonna go be a Beaver next fall. Related: my dad pointed out that he has one son who's a Cougar and one who's a Beaver, so he can't really argue with that. I don't blame you if you don't get it, but it made me lol.
    I have no idea what beavers and cougars are (other than the literal animals), but this sounds awesome! Well done, man!

Post Thanks / Like
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I don't know anything about D&D, but if you want to make a good character, I'd suggest taking a Mary Sue/Gary Stu test to see how Mary Sueish or Gary Stuish the character is. It really helped me improve some of mine.

For example, Kelli, one of the main characters of my Zelda fic, was totally Mary Sueish when I first created her. I was a noob back then and didn't even know what a Mary Sue was at the time as well. But I fixed her up over time thanks to a Mary Sue test and some advice from other writers. Because of this, the next Zelda OC I created, Judo, ended up being much better in the beginning.

I don't know if they're the best characters I've created, as they'd be given some competition by Azura, Bryan, and Leyon from my Fire Emblem fic (Bryan especially), but yeah. :P

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A favourite fanfic? Hmm... Well, my favourite is gonna be Pokémon Acedemy - Dragon's Roar by Stellar Haze, but there's also another one. A journey fic, or rather, a trilogy from here in Writer's Workshop, which took place in Sinnoh and featured another villainous team other than Team Galatic, where the members were named after the greek gods. I don't remember the name of the fics, but I'll try find it for some good reading :)
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Post Thanks / Like
    Add Kelleo on Facebook

Oh, my favorite fanfics? Definitely the ones written by my friend, Falchion1984! He's from Deviantart and fanfiction.net and I think he's the most amazing writer I've ever met. I'm proud to have him help me out with my fics. He's made my skills so much better in the last few years that I don't know what I would've done without him.

Falchion has only written Fire Emblem stuff, but it's extremely well-written!

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This will totally embarrass him, but the best fanfiction I've ever read is Pocket Monsters by @Legacy

I haven't had time to read the rewrite yet, but I've been meaning to for ages.

Post Thanks / Like
    Add Kelleo on Facebook

Is Legacy that good a writer? Then I'm honored that he enjoyed my Zelda fic! :3 (he left feedback in the thread)

And speaking of which, I've finally added chapter 16, if anyone is interested. :D