Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 18

Page 18 of 399 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Who knows, even though the best writers here are known and pretty much expected to win, you might be getting some unexpected competition. I'm currently writing a little something and hopefully it'll be done before the next awards.

Good luck to everyone, and remember that the important thing is writing something enjoyable and enjoying what your writing. ;)

COMING SOON!

I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Say, where can I see these badges you speak of? I've been gone so long...

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaret View Post
    Say, where can I see these badges you speak of? I've been gone so long...
    In the New Hall of Fame: Link
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

Wait, so does this mean I've already obtained a badge for the award I received a few seasons ago?

Oh, and I finished part one to that short story I was working on, guys...guys....

Blog Entries

Wait, so does this mean I've already obtained a badge for the award I received a few seasons ago?
    Not from I understood. You only get a badge if you win an award from the winter contest and onwards.

Oh, and I finished part one to that short story I was working on, guys...guys....
    Going to read it now :)
    Revolutionaryverse

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

@Cabaret

Sadly, no, previous awards don't count as badges, it is only awards from the new style that give you badges.

Believe me, it was a hard decision for me to have to make given that I've gotten enough awards in the past to make me a Champion already but didn't win a thing this time round since I don't have any active fics at the moment D=

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gastly's Mama View Post
    @Cabaret

Sadly, no, previous awards don't count as badges, it is only awards from the new style that give you badges.

Believe me, it was a hard decision for me to have to make given that I've gotten enough awards in the past to make me a Champion already but didn't win a thing this time round since I don't have any active fics at the moment D=
    Well I guess I'll manage. It was only one award anyways. Maybe the story I just put out yesterday might get some views eventually (hint hint)

When do nominations for the next season start?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaret View Post
    Well I guess I'll manage. It was only one award anyways. Maybe the story I just put out yesterday might get some views eventually (hint hint)

When do nominations for the next season start?
    There hasn't been an official decision as to the precise starting date yet, but the awards are now to be thrice yearly so the next season will be across May. (The last stretched across January and February.)

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Congratulations on becoming an admin, GMa!
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

The bold suits you Gama ;) Congrats!

Please don't persecute me for being overly nerdy here, but does anyone else play Dungeons and Dragons? Some friends of mine nailed me down as potentially geeky enough and invited me to join their group a month or two ago. It's quite a fun game, mostly involving eating snacks and messing around with friends while using your imagination to play a game rather than a TV or computer screen.

Anyway, the reason I bring it up is that I'm writing a bit of a backstory for my character, and I'm thinking of posting it here for shits and giggles. It's not fanfiction, exactly, yet nor is it original. Hopefully I can grab at least one reader.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

I'm a bit late compared to others, but better late than never: Congratulations on becoming an admin, Gastly's Mama :)
    Revolutionaryverse

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LightningTopaz View Post
    Congratulations on becoming an admin, GMa!
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    The bold suits you Gama ;) Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
    I'm a bit late compared to others, but better late than never: Congratulations on becoming an admin, Gastly's Mama :)

Thank you for the congratulations, guys, but I should make it clear that I'm a super mod rather than an admin (admins get bold and italics). I made the same mistake myself when Kayi was first promoted to super mod. Essentially, a super mod is the stage between regular moderator and admin. So, I have had a promotion, hence the bold, but I'm not an admin =P

Thanks for the congratulations though!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX
    Please don't persecute me for being overly nerdy here, but does anyone else play Dungeons and Dragons? Some friends of mine nailed me down as potentially geeky enough and invited me to join their group a month or two ago. It's quite a fun game, mostly involving eating snacks and messing around with friends while using your imagination to play a game rather than a TV or computer screen.

Anyway, the reason I bring it up is that I'm writing a bit of a backstory for my character, and I'm thinking of posting it here for shits and giggles. It's not fanfiction, exactly, yet nor is it original. Hopefully I can grab at least one reader.
    I don't know a lot about D&D, but from what I do know it sounds like backgrounds to characters etc. would make for great reading. I'd love to read something like that. I took an online test to see what kind of a D&D character I am, and I got 'Neutral Evil', which is apparently the most dangerous kind of evil... So, perhaps the fact that the WW head is of that persuasion is something to bear in mind when posting here xP It sounds like D&D encourages well thought out characters is my point, really.

I'll post that online test if I can find it, would be interesting to see what other WW regulars get!

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I think I took the same test and got Neutral Good

But anyway....

Fans of my work know that I love storytelling in my work, particularly portraying Brock as a storyteler. So would you guys be interested in an ongoing series of Pokemonized real folktales, as I imagine Brock to perform them? (I would include a link to the real tale at the beginning of an episode so you would know what the actual tale I used was)
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LightningTopaz View Post
    I think I took the same test and got Neutral Good

But anyway....

Fans of my work know that I love storytelling in my work, particularly portraying Brock as a storyteler. So would you guys be interested in an ongoing series of Pokemonized real folktales, as I imagine Brock to perform them? (I would include a link to the real tale at the beginning of an episode so you would know what the actual tale I used was)

........do it. The story with Diddy and the totodile was well pokémonized, and I know that you have some other amazing ideas in that head of yours. Though it really comes down to whether you think you can find enough tales to give a creative enough spin to them

Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

I got Chaotic Neutral when I took that test, which in a way is even more dangerous than the evil alignments. >_>

That aside, I don't play D&D myself, but I did do some reading and draw up a character sheet last year when some friends were trying to get me involved in their games. It looked like a bit of fun, though like I say, I haven't been able to test it out properly as we never got a game going. :/
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own