Like Tree761Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

I seriously need to think about what I say when I post on here. -_-

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Kelli didn't get best supporting character... I guess she's not a very good character. ;_;

(I don't mind not getting the crossover/non-Pokemon fic award since I already won it, but yeah)

Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Kelli didn't get best supporting character... I guess she's not a very good character. ;_;

(I don't mind not getting the crossover/non-Pokemon fic award since I already won it, but yeah)
    The awards went to the best characters/fics, but it in no way means that those who didn't win are in some way lacking.
    Gama likes this.
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Misheard Whisper View Post
    The awards went to the best characters/fics, but it in no way means that those who didn't win are in some way lacking.
    It could mean that. And I wouldn't be surprised if the judges didn't think Kelli was that great. She was once a pretty crappy character and I made a lot of changes. Maybe I need to improve her further. I can understand that. Really.

Also, it still means that the judges thought the character that won was better. xP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    It could mean that. And I wouldn't be surprised if the judges didn't think Kelli was that great. She was once a pretty crappy character and I made a lot of changes. Maybe I need to improve her further. I can understand that. Really.

Also, it still means that the judges thought the character that won was better. xP
    Put it this way: do you suppose every swimmer who fails to beat Michael Phelps at the Olympics goes home thinking 'man, I didn't win. I must be a really crappy swimmer'? No, they're proud of what they achieved and how far they got.

If you really want to know what the judges thought of your fic/characters, you can PM the judges in charge of your category and ask to hear what they thought. They're under no obligation to answer, but they may well help you out.
    Pride likes this.

'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Put it this way: do you suppose every swimmer who fails to beat Michael Phelps at the Olympics goes home thinking 'man, I didn't win. I must be a really crappy swimmer'? No, they're proud of what they achieved and how far they got.

If you really want to know what the judges thought of your fic/characters, you can PM the judges in charge of your category and ask to hear what they thought. They're under no obligation to answer, but they may well help you out.
    Yeah, I suppose. I'm not interested in knowing this time, however. Thanks for letting me know, though.

Blog Entries

Follow Ahnyo on Tumblr Visit Ahnyo's Youtube Channel

I'm guessing everyone's buzzing about the Autumn Awards results? Haha, I wonder if I'll ever be nominated in one of those. I doubt it... I can't write to save my life, and I'm sure most people here are better writers than me. Ah well, being pessimistic isn't going to do me any good. x3

Blog Entries

I'm making a banner for when I eventually reboot my fanfic (which may be shortly, but I said that before). I spent entirely too much time on this, but I'm very proud of the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnyo View Post
    I'm guessing everyone's buzzing about the Autumn Awards results? Haha, I wonder if I'll ever be nominated in one of those. I doubt it... I can't write to save my life, and I'm sure most people here are better writers than me. Ah well, being pessimistic isn't going to do me any good. x3
    Keep trying! Even the best of the best sometimes go unnoticed.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Blog Entries

Speaking of rebooting, I've been doing a bit of writing lately. I really hope to get Champion Game back up off the ground, seeing as I haven't updated that since May, I think? I also have a one-shot in the planning stages.

But yeah, it's good to finally have a bit of time to write. I've got a couple of weeks of all-out craziness this coming term, then I'm off again for exams. Won't need too much study though, I imagine, so NaNo should be doable.

On an unrelated note, my 12-year-old sister is now better at the Gangnam Style dance than I am.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    Keep trying! Even the best of the best sometimes go unnoticed.
    I only just submitted my first story on here a few days ago, and it'd be unrealistic for me to expect it to explode with popularity overnight. ^^; But yeah, my writing is typically ignored wherever I post it... I want to say it's because I'm withdrawn and I don't usually comment on other peoples' stuff, but I also can't help but wonder if it's because I'm a poor writer, or my ideas are stale. Ah well. My friends enjoy reading it, I enjoy writing it, and I suppose it's helping me become a better writer so maybe one day I'll be able to accomplish my dream of becoming a published author.

Oh, hey, I'm an upstate New Yorker, too.

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I need to get back into "The Legend of Taki", and I've been reworking "White Fire, Black Thunder, Silver Song" into something new (the heroine is now Rosa, the BW 2 heroine, and the plot will try to explain how Song Magic first appeared in Yoso)
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

On an unrelated note, my 12-year-old sister is now better at the Gangnam Style dance than I am.
    For shame, MW. For shame. Just give up now.

I definitely thought that that fancy "Forum Head" thing below your avatar said "Forum Hero." I was like "how the hell does one earn that?"

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Speaking of getting back into in-progress fics, I still need to stop putting Super Luigi on hiatus. I had a ton of motivation for it while playing the Super Mario Galaxy games, but now I just want to work on other stuff more. Hopefully when I play Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, I'll be able to pump out more chapters.

On the other hand, I also come up with too many story ideas for other franchises lol. It's hard to keep from starting too many fics at once. xP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    For shame, MW. For shame. Just give up now.

I definitely thought that that fancy "Forum Head" thing below your avatar said "Forum Hero." I was like "how the hell does one earn that?"
    It's like Guitar Hero, but involves being Gary Mother$@!#ing Oak.
    Protopost likes this.

Blog Entries

Ugh, I have writer's block in both of my fics... x_x I'm debating if I should post my second one on here or not.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    I thought the same exact thing... =P