Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 165

Page 165 of 402 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 6026
Like Tree761Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

  1. #2461
    CEO of the Monsters Lugion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,712
    Blog Entries
    99

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    I seriously need to think about what I say when I post on here. -_-

  2. #2462
    Secret Sword of Justice Kelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,998
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Kelli didn't get best supporting character... I guess she's not a very good character. ;_;

    (I don't mind not getting the crossover/non-Pokemon fic award since I already won it, but yeah)

  3. #2463
    Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    697
    Blog Entries
    16
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Kelli didn't get best supporting character... I guess she's not a very good character. ;_;

    (I don't mind not getting the crossover/non-Pokemon fic award since I already won it, but yeah)
    The awards went to the best characters/fics, but it in no way means that those who didn't win are in some way lacking.
    Gama likes this.
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

    'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

  4. #2464
    Secret Sword of Justice Kelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,998
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Misheard Whisper View Post
    The awards went to the best characters/fics, but it in no way means that those who didn't win are in some way lacking.
    It could mean that. And I wouldn't be surprised if the judges didn't think Kelli was that great. She was once a pretty crappy character and I made a lot of changes. Maybe I need to improve her further. I can understand that. Really.

    Also, it still means that the judges thought the character that won was better. xP

  5. #2465
    Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    697
    Blog Entries
    16
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Misheard Whisper View Post
    The awards went to the best characters/fics, but it in no way means that those who didn't win are in some way lacking.
    It could mean that. And I wouldn't be surprised if the judges didn't think Kelli was that great. She was once a pretty crappy character and I made a lot of changes. Maybe I need to improve her further. I can understand that. Really.

    Also, it still means that the judges thought the character that won was better. xP
    Put it this way: do you suppose every swimmer who fails to beat Michael Phelps at the Olympics goes home thinking 'man, I didn't win. I must be a really crappy swimmer'? No, they're proud of what they achieved and how far they got.

    If you really want to know what the judges thought of your fic/characters, you can PM the judges in charge of your category and ask to hear what they thought. They're under no obligation to answer, but they may well help you out.
    Pride likes this.
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

    'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

  6. #2466
    Secret Sword of Justice Kelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,998
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Misheard Whisper View Post
    Put it this way: do you suppose every swimmer who fails to beat Michael Phelps at the Olympics goes home thinking 'man, I didn't win. I must be a really crappy swimmer'? No, they're proud of what they achieved and how far they got.

    If you really want to know what the judges thought of your fic/characters, you can PM the judges in charge of your category and ask to hear what they thought. They're under no obligation to answer, but they may well help you out.
    Yeah, I suppose. I'm not interested in knowing this time, however. Thanks for letting me know, though.

  7. #2467
    Platypus Saleswoman Ahnyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    572
    Blog Entries
    5

    Follow Ahnyo on Tumblr Visit Ahnyo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    I'm guessing everyone's buzzing about the Autumn Awards results? Haha, I wonder if I'll ever be nominated in one of those. I doubt it... I can't write to save my life, and I'm sure most people here are better writers than me. Ah well, being pessimistic isn't going to do me any good. x3

  8. #2468
    Registered User Caitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,592
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread


    I'm making a banner for when I eventually reboot my fanfic (which may be shortly, but I said that before). I spent entirely too much time on this, but I'm very proud of the results.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahnyo View Post
    I'm guessing everyone's buzzing about the Autumn Awards results? Haha, I wonder if I'll ever be nominated in one of those. I doubt it... I can't write to save my life, and I'm sure most people here are better writers than me. Ah well, being pessimistic isn't going to do me any good. x3
    Keep trying! Even the best of the best sometimes go unnoticed.

    My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

  9. #2469
    Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    697
    Blog Entries
    16
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Speaking of rebooting, I've been doing a bit of writing lately. I really hope to get Champion Game back up off the ground, seeing as I haven't updated that since May, I think? I also have a one-shot in the planning stages.

    But yeah, it's good to finally have a bit of time to write. I've got a couple of weeks of all-out craziness this coming term, then I'm off again for exams. Won't need too much study though, I imagine, so NaNo should be doable.

    On an unrelated note, my 12-year-old sister is now better at the Gangnam Style dance than I am.
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

    'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

  10. #2470
    Platypus Saleswoman Ahnyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    572
    Blog Entries
    5

    Follow Ahnyo on Tumblr Visit Ahnyo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    Keep trying! Even the best of the best sometimes go unnoticed.
    I only just submitted my first story on here a few days ago, and it'd be unrealistic for me to expect it to explode with popularity overnight. ^^; But yeah, my writing is typically ignored wherever I post it... I want to say it's because I'm withdrawn and I don't usually comment on other peoples' stuff, but I also can't help but wonder if it's because I'm a poor writer, or my ideas are stale. Ah well. My friends enjoy reading it, I enjoy writing it, and I suppose it's helping me become a better writer so maybe one day I'll be able to accomplish my dream of becoming a published author.

    Oh, hey, I'm an upstate New Yorker, too.

  11. #2471
    Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pokemon Stadium
    Posts
    5,601
    Blog Entries
    44

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    I need to get back into "The Legend of Taki", and I've been reworking "White Fire, Black Thunder, Silver Song" into something new (the heroine is now Rosa, the BW 2 heroine, and the plot will try to explain how Song Magic first appeared in Yoso)
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

    SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

  12. #2472
    J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,001
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Misheard Whisper View Post
    On an unrelated note, my 12-year-old sister is now better at the Gangnam Style dance than I am.
    For shame, MW. For shame. Just give up now.

    I definitely thought that that fancy "Forum Head" thing below your avatar said "Forum Hero." I was like "how the hell does one earn that?"

    Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    * * * * *
    Find me on Soundcloud

  13. #2473
    Secret Sword of Justice Kelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,998
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Speaking of getting back into in-progress fics, I still need to stop putting Super Luigi on hiatus. I had a ton of motivation for it while playing the Super Mario Galaxy games, but now I just want to work on other stuff more. Hopefully when I play Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, I'll be able to pump out more chapters.

    On the other hand, I also come up with too many story ideas for other franchises lol. It's hard to keep from starting too many fics at once. xP

  14. #2474
    Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    697
    Blog Entries
    16
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Misheard Whisper View Post
    On an unrelated note, my 12-year-old sister is now better at the Gangnam Style dance than I am.
    For shame, MW. For shame. Just give up now.

    I definitely thought that that fancy "Forum Head" thing below your avatar said "Forum Hero." I was like "how the hell does one earn that?"
    It's like Guitar Hero, but involves being Gary Mother$@!#ing Oak.
    Protopost likes this.
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

    'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

  15. #2475
    Platypus Saleswoman Ahnyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    572
    Blog Entries
    5

    Follow Ahnyo on Tumblr Visit Ahnyo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Ugh, I have writer's block in both of my fics... x_x I'm debating if I should post my second one on here or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    I definitely thought that that fancy "Forum Head" thing below your avatar said "Forum Hero." I was like "how the hell does one earn that?"
    I thought the same exact thing... =P

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •