Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 163

Page 163 of 399 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 5980
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

I know how you feel--dungeon generators are always a big help. Granted, they are mostly for tabletop RPGs, but with a little work, they can be adapted to a video game universe
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Blog Entries

I'm thinking of naming Misty's sisters after different weather conditions, rather than leaving them with the names from the anime... There'd by Wendy, who would use Flying-types, Sunny, who'd use Fire-types, and Stormy, who'd use Electric-types.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Lugion View Post
    I'm thinking of naming Misty's sisters after different weather conditions, rather than leaving them with the names from the anime... There'd by Wendy, who would use Flying-types, Sunny, who'd use Fire-types, and Stormy, who'd use Electric-types.
    It's an interesting concept but I think you can do better than the last two. Sunny is medicore while Stormy is just plain dreadful.

Knowing the usually excellent standard of your writing I think you really can do better than that, Lugion.

As I said, though, the concept is really cool. Much better than having them be a quartet of Water types which is not nearly as interesting.

Blog Entries

I dunno what to do for an Electric-type sister, but "Summer" would work better than "Sunny" for Fire-type. I've yet to meet a girl named Sunny but I've met plenty of Summers over the years.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I think he's trying to keep the ***y pattern. Like: "It's misty outside," or "it's sunny outside." If that's the case, I honestly can't think of anything better than what he's got :P

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    I dunno what to do for an Electric-type sister, but "Summer" would work better than "Sunny" for Fire-type. I've yet to meet a girl named Sunny but I've met plenty of Summers over the years.
    My niece's name is Sunny (well, sorta niece. She's my stepbrother's kid). I think it's a cute name. Much cuter than Summer, imo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mama View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Lugion View Post
    It's an interesting concept but I think you can do better than the last two. Sunny is medicore while Stormy is just plain dreadful.

Knowing the usually excellent standard of your writing I think you really can do better than that, Lugion.

As I said, though, the concept is really cool. Much better than having them be a quartet of Water types which is not nearly as interesting.
    What @AetherX; said. :P

I'm pretty sure all her sisters have the "____y" pattern in their names in the anime. This way, they're all weather conditions... and I don't have to reuse "Daisy". But if I think of something better, I'll be sure to let you all know.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

No, only Daisy and Lily have a y at the end. Violet doesn't. Misty is the only one not named for a flower for some reason. xP

Follow juiceboxxx On Twitter
    Follow juiceboxxx on Tumblr

I've been sort of toying with the idea of writing a medical drama-type story set in the Pokemon world, only instead of taking place in a human hospital the characters are mostly workers at a Pokemon center.

There would be other stuff in the background, but I'm actually thinking I want to have a bit of fun with exploring how the average person would have lived in that universe, rather than keeping the focus on serious trainers/evil teams/League people.

Blog Entries

Important announcement you should be aware of: Welcome the new Writer's Workshop Section Head!

Blog Entries

So, I'm having a bit of a dilemma here, when it comes to NaNoWriMo. I'm split between two ideas, both of which I feel are solid. Because of this, I'd like to ask for the counsel of the wise Bulbagardeners.

The first idea is a sort of bildungsroman about a boy who discovers that he is the last product of a Cold War era "super soldier" project combining eugenics and selective breeding. This boy is approached by two opposing groups, both comprised of other products of this same project: a UN-affiliated peacekeeping organization similar in spirit to Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D.; and a group of revolutionaries dedicated to the restoration of world peace, though overthrowing the world's government and installing themselves as its new leaders. He must decide, of course, which side he will join.

The second is an epic high fantasy tale that has been developing in my mind for years, about a princess, a bandit, and a warrior, among others, searching for the long-lost land of Eden, also called Utopia, where mankind originated, and their struggle against Daimonas, the last son of Daimao, the (slain) King of Demons. It's a much larger project, and I doubt I could finish it in a single month, though I could get a solid start.

Obviously, I plan on writing both of these stories at some point, but I'm torn as to which I should proceed with at present.

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I'd say go with the first one, if you can finish it within the month. I feel like NaNoWriMo would be more rewarding if you finished the project.

Both sound awesome though.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am so going to hit my head until I get my idea on track.

So pain for the win.

Blog Entries

Lugion, don't do the one you've had in your head for years for NaNoWriMo. Do the first one.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

So, I was just thinking, guys. I've changed my mind about discontinuing my Fire Emblem fic here. I had remembered that I was planning to give it an Atlas thread after consulting with G-Mama about a question regarding the section, and I figure maybe that will get more people interested in reading it.

So I shall give the story another chance here. :)