Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 154

Page 154 of 402 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 6023
Like Tree761Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

I'm currently struggling motivation wise to write. I mean, why is it that writers struggle with motivation? If we like our stories, which we obviously do since we're typing them, why do we struggle so much. I can't bring myself to open up word and start writing, it's insane.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Heart of Crystal's got to go on hiatus for a while. Blame computer/internet related shenanegans
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Bleh, I hate when stuff like that happens.

But I have to put Zelda: The Ancient Power and Fire Emblem: Dawn of Darkness on a short hiatus as well. My co-author is going on vacation real soon and won't be back for two weeks.

I want to work on Super Luigi in the meantime, but I just haven't had much motivation to do so lately.

Blog Entries

I've been taking a break from writing lately. I've still be doing planning and everything, but I've hardly written a thing in weeks.

But I guess that's what happens when you're in the middle of that transitional period between adolescence and adulthood.
    Seizon Senryaku likes this.

Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

Preach it, brotha. Seventeen, last year of high school, going for university entrance, in the school production, trying to work out where my life is going . . . it's rough.
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, today I was going to have a blood sample taken to find out whether or not I have a low metabolism. I had one taken 4 weeks ago originally to find out if I could have the same heart disease as my older brother. Fortunately, I didn't. Instead, my doctor discovered that I had low metabolism and to be certain, had to take a new blood sample 4 weeks later, which was today.

Here's the deal. I have a fear of needles, which is a bad thing because I HAD to take a blood sample. I hoped it would go without a problem, but it didn't. My blood vein moved as soon the doctor stung where it was, some sort of defensive mechanism my body did. So she (the doctor) tried to move the needle around to get the vein with no luck (and it wasn't exactly painless). As such, the other arm was used with better success. But the damage had been done. I was sweating and panicked even after it was over. When I stood up again from the chair I was sitting on, I fainted for about 10 seconds. The next thing I knew was that I was lying on the floor, though it was clear to the other's in the room that was going to faint, so held me up until I fainted.

Believe me, It's not a good experience fainting and I don't wish to try that again. And what's more, I think it has amplified my fear of needles. Has anyone else experienced something similar or know someone who has?
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Fainting? Yes, definitely. Fainting because of a fear? No. That's not to say that I don't have fears, though, of course.

But I've fainted several times before due to epileptic seizures. And I'd wake up crying for no reason every time. I hated it. I was treated at a German children's hospital since Germany was where I lived at the time and I was still a kid, but still.

I'm the complete opposite of you when it comes to needles, though, Tophat. I've had blood drawn so many times in my life that I've gotten used to it. I even have a favorite type of needle to have used on me. The butterfly needle. I like the way it looks, and it hurts the least. I find the real tiny needles are the most painful. Yeesh. Though, I haven't had to have blood drawn in a long time. Still, I remember exactly what it feels like. Shots...are another story. I mean, I can take them with no problem, usually, but there have been times where I was nervous.

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I haven't fainted because of fear, but I do have a deathly fear of hypodermic needles that has been described as "almost a phobia"

Mind you, I'm fine if it's just a picture or on TV, but I'm only afraid if it is going into me
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

I've never fainted, but since we're talking about fears...

Look, I don't care if I'm a guy, ok? But I have severe, severe entomophobia. Basically, I hate bugs, all of them, even ants. They scare the hell out of me. I can't touch them, I can't be near them, and I can't be near where they were. I remember as a child if I saw a bug in my room, I would sleep downstairs for like 3 days (no exaggeration), and even now when I see one, I scream like a girl (not kidding), and run after my Dad to tell him to kill it. Which results in him doing so and then telling me I'm 13 and need to get over it. I don't care if they're microscopic, they're pure evil. I've been scared of them since I was a kid, Idk why.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

i hate bugs too omfg. and spiders... goddamn they just freak me the fuck out.

anyway, slowly getting some new project done (the first chapter of it i mean lol). ah... school starts on monday and i don't want to go :c.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

I'm afraid of some bugs...but not all. I just hate most.

As for actual fears. Culrophobia for me. It's fear of clowns. I can't even stand to look at one or even think of one without shuddering. I remember awhile back at a fest (a sort of amusement area that comes around once a year. Has rides and games and stuff), one of the rides had clown statues, and whenever I'd see them, I'd just stand there petrified with fear. My mom believes this fear was caused when I was a baby, because I cried every time I was in a crib or room with clown decorations. They would scare me, and I think I had a nightmare or two about them as well.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Fainting? Yes, definitely. Fainting because of a fear? No. That's not to say that I don't have fears, though, of course.

But I've fainted several times before due to epileptic seizures. And I'd wake up crying for no reason every time. I hated it. I was treated at a German children's hospital since Germany was where I lived at the time and I was still a kid, but still.

I'm the complete opposite of you when it comes to needles, though, Tophat. I've had blood drawn so many times in my life that I've gotten used to it. I even have a favorite type of needle to have used on me. The butterfly needle. I like the way it looks, and it hurts the least. I find the real tiny needles are the most painful. Yeesh. Though, I haven't had to have blood drawn in a long time. Still, I remember exactly what it feels like. Shots...are another story. I mean, I can take them with no problem, usually, but there have been times where I was nervous.
    It happened to be a butterfly needle that was used to draw blood from me today and 4 weeks ago. I had chosen that because, as you said, it's not as painful and because the mere thought of a hypodermic needle makes me shiver.

Quote Originally Posted by LightningTopaz View Post
    I haven't fainted because of fear, but I do have a deathly fear of hypodermic needles that has been described as "almost a phobia"

Mind you, I'm fine if it's just a picture or on TV, but I'm only afraid if it is going into me
    The same with me, including that I prefer not to be in the same room with a needle, even though I'm not the one meant for.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    I've never fainted, but since we're talking about fears...

Look, I don't care if I'm a guy, ok? But I have severe, severe entomophobia. Basically, I hate bugs, all of them, even ants. They scare the hell out of me. I can't touch them, I can't be near them, and I can't be near where they were. I remember as a child if I saw a bug in my room, I would sleep downstairs for like 3 days (no exaggeration), and even now when I see one, I scream like a girl (not kidding), and run after my Dad to tell him to kill it. Which results in him doing so and then telling me I'm 13 and need to get over it. I don't care if they're microscopic, they're pure evil. I've been scared of them since I was a kid, Idk why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lucifer View Post
    i hate bugs too omfg. and spiders... goddamn they just freak me the fuck out.
    Then you and Red, Lady Lucifer, will not like where I live, because the garden is a bug haven. We even got dragonflies here because we live near the water. I don't like spiders either, but at least they don't make me faint. I'm a bit more tolerant to bugs, as long as they don't annoy me. And Red, It's nothing to be embarrassed about. They're guys in the military who has worse fears than any of us.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Add Kelleo on Facebook

You know, you guys wouldn't like where I live either, because here in the southern US, we have roaches the size of golf balls. They're either water bugs or palmetto bugs, but they're all in the roach family.

It wasn't much! Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Hello

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

omfg i live in the south and i get these huge roaches, banana spiders, wolf spiders, and they just.

i once got attacked by a may fly in new york ;3; sob.

and hi again. i noticed you were banned and i was like "omg wat stellar got banned." xD.