Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 152

Page 152 of 399 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 5984
Like Tree760Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

It isn't always that bad having divorced parents. I live with my mom, but I have regular contact with my dad, as well as visiting him from time to time. But sometimes, it's for the best when parents gets divorced, even though their children disagree with them. I know that from experience.

As for whether or not I've had a fun summer... Not exactly. The weather's been boring most of the time and I've actually missed the trade school I'm educated (I've said that before, right?).

Now for something else. Have you guys and girls seen this? It's a trailer of a mash-up a video game franchise and the western. I think especially you would be interested in seeing this, Kelleo, since you're a fan of this specific franchise (If I remember correct).
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Tophat Dragoneye View Post
    Now for something else. Have you guys and girls seen this? It's a trailer of a mash-up a video game franchise and the western. I think especially you would be interested in seeing this, Kelleo, since you're a fan of this specific franchise (If I remember correct).
    Oh, that. I saw a link for it on YouTube, wasn't interested. I just now looked at it, though, and while the plot seems interesting, western doesn't fit Zelda, imo. Plus, there are other things wrong with this. Link isn't talking (just because we don't see his dialogue in the games doesn't mean he can't speak!), for one thing, and I thought Zelda was Malon at first (the red hair, purple and white dress, etc.). So it doesn't strike my fancy, I'm afraid. Plus, I'm not interested in westerns anyway.

And haven't you heard of Zelda before? Doesn't anyone else here like Zelda? xP

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Has anyone seen the trailer for Disney's "Wreck-it Ralph"?

I'm so going to see that, if only to play "Let's see how many existing game characters we can find"!
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey, I'm back. Took a long break because fic reasons.

@Kelleo; I love Zelda! Easily one of Nintendo's best series. My favorite is A Link to the Past. Yourself?
    @LightningTopaz; I saw that! It seems pretty cool, and kind of funny. Can't wait to see it.

Blog Entries

I was never married, so it's not the same, but... take it from someone who basically forced herself to stay with someone she didn't love for the sake of her kids. Divorce happens and sometimes it's the best thing that can happen in one's life. Being in a loveless relationship just so your kids can have a "normal" family is probably the worst thing you can do to them.

It's a tough situation. It really is. But other people can be father (or second mother/second father) figures to children, often times better than the real father. At least, that's how it was in my situation.

So, divorce is regrettable, but totally fine. It won't have any lasting harmful effects on the children unless the remaining parent is stuck single and jobless forever or they fall in love with someone worse.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Oh, that. I saw a link for it on YouTube, wasn't interested. I just now looked at it, though, and while the plot seems interesting, western doesn't fit Zelda, imo. Plus, there are other things wrong with this. Link isn't talking (just because we don't see his dialogue in the games doesn't mean he can't speak!), for one thing, and I thought Zelda was Malon at first (the red hair, purple and white dress, etc.). So it doesn't strike my fancy, I'm afraid. Plus, I'm not interested in westerns anyway.
    Link is one of the penultimate silent protagonists - I think a movie in which the main character didn't speak (except in grunts or gasps like Link does whenever he swings his sword or does anything but walk) would actually be pretty interesting. And the link looks hilarious xD Legend of Zelda as a western just sounds so funny.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Link is one of the penultimate silent protagonists - I think a movie in which the main character didn't speak (except in grunts or gasps like Link does whenever he swings his sword or does anything but walk) would actually be pretty interesting. And the link looks hilarious xD Legend of Zelda as a western just sounds so funny.
    Yeah it does. It's certainly the least possible mashup you would expect. I don't think one should take it seriously but just enjoy it. They also did a Dr. Mario/House mashup (which includes multiple video game characters from various franchises). It was quite funny to see Dr. Vily from Megaman series as a rival doctor XD

And Kelleo. The reason why I didn't mention The Legend of Zelda in my comment was because I don't want to make any spoilers.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Link is one of the penultimate silent protagonists
    Except he's not really silent. He can speak just as well as anyone. There's hints to this everywhere. Link introducing himself, explaining things to characters, and we see his mouth move too. Also, Toon Link says "Come on!" and "Yay!" in The Wind Waker. It makes absolutely no sense to me not to have him talk in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    @Kelleo; I love Zelda! Easily one of Nintendo's best series. My favorite is A Link to the Past. Yourself?
    Oh, well in that case, maybe you should read my Zelda fic! :) You'd understand it best if you had a lot of knowledge about Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (and to a smaller extent, Twilight Princess), though.

As for my favorite game, Skyward Sword. Definitely. Best game ever outside of Fire Emblem, imo. <3 The Minish Cap is second and my favorite handheld Zelda. :3

Blog Entries

Wall-e didn't have any dialogue other than "Eve" and "Wall-e".

Just saying. It wouldn't be the first movie to star a (mostly) silent protagonist.

Blog Entries

Except he's not really silent. He can speak just as well as anyone. There's hints to this everywhere. Link introducing himself, explaining things to characters, and we see his mouth move too. Also, Toon Link says "Come on!" and "Yay!" in The Wind Waker. It makes absolutely no sense to me not to have him talk in a movie.
    -_- If a character doesn't have any spoken lines in dialogue in a game, they're considered a silent character. Gaps in dialogue in places where the character would be introducing themselves or explaining something =/= spoken lines of dialogue, and neither do miscellaneous noises that the character makes when performing an action. That's why Mario is considered a silent protagonist, even though he has numerous flavor lines in many of his games. That's also why the main character in any Pokémon game is considered one, even though they obviously talk with the Professor and other figures, and why Samus was (and should have stayed) one.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Lugion View Post
    Wall-e didn't have any dialogue other than "Eve" and "Wall-e".

Just saying. It wouldn't be the first movie to star a (mostly) silent protagonist.
    Yeah, I know. And Wall-E kicked ass. I'm just saying, wouldn't it be cool to see a video game movie that actually held true to the story of a video game and it's mechanics?

"He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Add Kelleo on Facebook

-_- If a character doesn't have any spoken lines in dialogue in a game, they're considered a silent character. Gaps in dialogue in places where the character would be introducing themselves or explaining something =/= spoken lines of dialogue, and neither do miscellaneous noises that the character makes when performing an action. That's why Mario is considered a silent protagonist, even though he has numerous flavor lines in many of his games. That's also why the main character in any Pokémon game is considered one, even though they obviously talk with the Professor and other figures, and why Samus was (and should have stayed) one.
    Well, I personally find that logic to be stupid. To me, if a character speaks, they speak. Regardless of whether or not their dialogue is shown. Simple as that.

Blog Entries

Well, I personally find that logic to be stupid. To me, if a character speaks, they speak. Regardless of whether or not their dialogue is shown. Simple as that.
    Well, then you find it stupid. But that's what it means to be a silent protagonist in a video game. Personally, I find the logic that a silent protagonist must never make any vocalization ever, implied or otherwise, to be stupid.
    Pride likes this.

I agree with Feli. Mario was a perfect example. He says all kinds of things, but is mostly silent. You never hear him talk, they use some kind of gibberish sound effect when he's talking to imply that he's talking in the Mario and Luigi games. He doesn't have any actual lines of dialogue, though.

Off topic: I'm a Luigi fanboy as well as a Red one. Go Weegee!

@Kelleo; Oh, I forgot Skyward Sword. Easily second. It's such a good game. I'd say it's one of the best games for the Wii, right up there with the Super Mario Galaxy series. Handheld....hmm I don't know. Possibly Spirit Tracks, maybe even Phantom Hourglass.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

@Red; I'm a Luigi fangirl myself! Luigi's the awesomest when it comes to the Mario games. :D

And haven't you played Minish Cap? If not, you must, it is really awesome and fun! Though kind of short. I admit to being a Four Sword Zelda fangirl, but Minish Cap is absolutely amazing.

Oh, and yes, the SMG games are amazing too! My favorite Wii games after FE: Radiant Dawn and Zelda: Skyward Sword. <3

And speaking of Fire Emblem, I'm an Ike fangirl too. I just love him! I love his personality, he just kicks ass when he fights, he gets to wield the coolest weapons ever, and he's SO hot. <3