Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 15

Page 15 of 399 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

So, after several months, I've finally brought back Stainless Steel.

Not happy with the newest chapter, but I needed to get it out of the way.

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

A new prompt is up for the week
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

they're expensive :/

Blog Entries

Yo, people.

Since I haven't written anything Pokémon since.. uhm, forever I'm thinking of starting a new journey fic. Y'see the first games I ever played were the 3rd gen ones, so I think that if I've to pick, I'd place it in Hoenn. Also, I've always thought that the 3rd gen had a secretly badass character that was always overlooked.

Namely, Wally.

Don't look at me like that. His final team can probably take out even Wallace, if memory serves right. Plus, he beat the asthma out of himself. Somehow. Through sheer willpower or somehting. Can't have that overlooked.

Plus, thinking back, when the awards first started I was able to go toe-to-toe with Legacy and GaMa and recently I'm feeling that I've to do more writing here, since they are still doing it while I abandoned my fic and 'ran off' to other fandoms, staying here just to do my mod duties. Also, the idea of the fic to feature the 'rival' of RSE is somewhat of a nod to GaMa's fic. So, @Gastly's Mama I hope you don't mind. xP Not to mention, with Wally I'll have the chance of switching around the order of gyms and such. Better than just following the usual route, IMO.

tl;dr

A journey fic featuring Wally. Interested?

A lone detective takes it upon himself to solve the murder of a young woman, willingly diving into the dangerous web of conspiracies weaved by the feuding mafia families. But after the truth is uncovered, will that city of sin be the same ever again?

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

@Aladar

I'm always delighted to see Rival's Story being appreciated with similar stories being spawned, particularly as it is now nearly two years since it finished. (Has it really been that long?)

In terms of would this be interesting with Wally... I'd certainly say so, probably more so than any of the other rival characters, Blue included. He has the advantages of Silver and N, in that he seems to be doing his own thing and his storyline isn't too dependent on that of the main character but he also has the advantages of Blue and Barry in that he is involved enough with the storyline of the main character that it isn't just a completely new story.

Go for it, would love to read it.

Incidentally, I know Jabberwocky wrote a single chapter of a story from Wally's perspective before abandoning it forever. If you could find it, that may or may not be helpful.

Blog Entries

Do it, great idea, glad somebody else loves Wally. Epic guy really, I'll read it when its up so at least now you know you at least have one fan already :P

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wally can be a very interesting character to play around with. I always pictured him as a character whose kindness takes advantage of him, and a mostly sheltered boy, as his family seems to barely want him to pursue his dreams of travelling around and training Pokémon. I only mentioned those because they might help you in anyway; of course, you can choose to take a different route with Wally, perhaps a darker one, or a more mature one. I had planned a Wally fic once, but scrapped the idea before it got anywhere.

Blog Entries

The whole thing is still in the planning stage and there's a bit of a problem...

First of all, traveling companions. Should I or shouldn't I include them? And the bigger problems is, who should they be? I don't quite want to go with OCs here, so who should I use? Not enough NPC in Hoenn that fit the bill so maybe I should look up some CotDs or movie chars?

And should I include a contest quest, too? 'Cause as far as I remember you guys really liked my contest battles.

Thing is, Wally's whole journey apart from those two battles is a void that can be filled with anything but I still want to keep it somewhat tied to the mainstream, be it a mash-up of manga, anime or games.

@Gastly's Mama @Legacy @Jabberwocky What do you think guys?

A lone detective takes it upon himself to solve the murder of a young woman, willingly diving into the dangerous web of conspiracies weaved by the feuding mafia families. But after the truth is uncovered, will that city of sin be the same ever again?

Blog Entries

@Aladar, I think doing a full comprehensive story from all angles would be really cool!

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

If I were writing a story about Wally, his health would probably be a big focus of the fic. But that's just me.

Blog Entries

Ugh, was planning on finishing the next chap of my fic today but I forgot my USBdrive with the file at home >,<

Something like this ever happen to you guys?

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not really, but I can imagine happening to me some day. Anyway, you're not the only one stuck finishing a chapter in your fic. I've had to focus finishing my homework, which involves making a program that uses Ceasar Cipher, which encrypts what you are writing and can also decrypt it again. (A lightbulb suddenly appears above me). Hey, maybe I can use it to make a fictional language in the future in my fic! *Ahem*, a bit sidetracked, I suppose, anyway, I'm still learning the robes of programming, so it takes some of my time.

EDIT: Actually, it did happen to me once, losing my USB-driver that is. it was back when I was 14-15 years old in school, lost it for a few days. I panicked quite a bit since a lot of my notes were in it >.<
    Last edited by Tophat Dragoneye; 29th February 2012 at 03:58 PM.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Am I the only one who makes character bios in my user space of the wikia?

I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alas, I have returned from a good hibernation. Hope the writing has been going strong.

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Welcome back--I've been missing you on the prompts
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!