Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 146

Page 146 of 402 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 6023
Like Tree761Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

I just want people to give it a chance. But fine, if you really think this idea will be doomed, I guess I'm throwing it away.
    If you have that little faith in your idea, throwing it away might be a good idea.

And it's fine if you aren't interested in reading it. But turning it down just because it's a crossover? THAT is what I don't appreciate. You can't be like "OMG IT'S A CROSSOVER, SO THIS MUST SUK."
    Again, no one mentioned your crossover specifically. Things like that are why I said you're acting like people are out to get you. I am turning down your story because I just don't like crossovers. Maybe it won't suck, but I don't like crossovers, I'm ambivalent about Keldeo, and I haven't been seriously interested in MLP in weeks. Some people just don't like certain things - that's their (and my) right.
    Three Times the Isshu: A Nuzlocke Novelization of Pokemon Black and White by Rai Thunder
    Under One Sky - An Ask/RP blog for the characters of Three Times the Isshu and the unpublished fic Flying High(Diving Deep). Stop in, ask questions, get some answers.
    Review Exchange
    No matter what you do, I will be who I will be. The question is, who are you?

It wasn't much! Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

So I've been thinking of an idea for a fic. It deals with a long war between regions that will last decades, the thing is that the fic won't follow just one main character but different main characters with every passing decade.

So I've been thinking of an idea for a fic. It deals with a long war between regions that will last decades, the thing is that the fic won't follow just one main character but different main characters with every passing decade.
    This sounds like an interesting idea. I like the idea of a new MC for every decade, it would show some interesting changes by showing us how the MCs change throughout the course of the war.

EDIT: By the way, sorry I haven't posted a review for your other story yet - I've been busy with some other things.
    Three Times the Isshu: A Nuzlocke Novelization of Pokemon Black and White by Rai Thunder
    Under One Sky - An Ask/RP blog for the characters of Three Times the Isshu and the unpublished fic Flying High(Diving Deep). Stop in, ask questions, get some answers.
    Review Exchange

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

I figured since you haven't been on in a few days and all that this is the first time I've seen you since the last time we talked xD

And yeah, each main character in turn will be a sort of mentor or supporting figure to the main character that follows plus they will still be an important figure.

There's also the fact that with each generation new mysteries pop out and are resolved regarding the war so each decade will be like it's own little part of the story.

That sounds like a really interesting idea - each past MC mentoring the current MC, while they uncover new depths to the situation...Sounds like a great plot. I look forward to see more of it, Stellar Haze.
    Review Exchange

I lol'd at the good evening getting interpreted as war thing xD.

Have a blast at Portugal, uA. Say hi to some of the players from the Portugal football team to me :D

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Thanks Rai, that actually means a lot since no one's said that to me before from just the summary xD I have to see if I can actually do it though.

Now I think we've all calmed down some. Kelleo don't worry too much over it, I know how it feels when people say that they don't want to read your fic, we all know how it feels but like Rai pointed out everyone has their reasons. Now my reason for not reading isn't cause I hate crossovers it's cause I don't really like MIP (may god strike me down) but that's mostly it really.

About you nto liking Pokemon fics I have no qualms with and I completely understand. While Pokemon makes it pretty easy to write fics for the fact is that just cause you're in a Pokemon forum doesn't mean that you gotta read and/or write a Pokemon fic and in turn that does not mean that someone should tell you not to post a story just cause it's Non Pokemon, I myself think that the workshop needs more Non Pokemon and original stories as well.

And I also can understand how not getting readers frustrate you, I can understand it completely but remember that people aren't trying to throw you out; you're a part of th ecommunity as much as everyone else and if we have a right ot be here then so do you.

Now everyone you should all lay off as well, if Kelleo has done it before then you can't say if it was on purpose or not and saying that she's doing it on purpose is just asking for more out of her and it's not really helping at all with solving the matters.

As for the moving on part, yeah uE it is so that the conversation moves on, why? because there's just no point to having a discussion over such a matter that could be solved so easily and just breaking into an even bigger discussion is just something that'll end up making things worse and getting everyone in trouble.

I'm done. I don't wanna escalate something so fucking stupid.

What're you all doing? I'm currently trying to convince Cleverbot it's Batman xD.
    Last edited by Pride; 19th July 2012 at 07:25 AM.

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Trying to teach it songs is even more fun.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

whoa drama. guys let's all take a chill pill and just be friends, k?

let's not make unnecessary fools out of ourselves, k?

k.

right now i'm listening to some epic music and trying to find inspiration, ha.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Haze View Post
    So, Game of Thrones? :P

*hit*

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

So I'm just gonna back off from the drama for a while and try and figure out why writing has been so difficult for me lately. In the future, I'll try not to offend anyone by clarifying what someone else said. Peace out.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Haze View Post
    So, Game of Thrones? :P

*hit*
    ...in my defense...I've never watched or read so bare with me xD but I can assure that it'll be different.
    @Feliciano; no feli, don't go :(

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Hey guyz. So, funny story:

You ever heard of Mario Segale? Namesake of Mario Mario, lovable plumber/mushroom-whore?

Guess who I'm working for!
    Pride likes this.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Seriously? that's awesome! did you get his autograph.