Page 140 of 399 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 5984
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Executive Archer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Lugion View Post
    So, I've been juggling a few fics lately (on the reading side), and I thought Misheard/Archer/whatever would like this:

"When you play the game of champions, you either win or you die."

Just a random thought. :P
    Hehe, that's cool. Where did you find that one? Vaguely reminiscent of the 'Unto defeat you must play the game . . . the Champion Game' quote I have above the fic header. The original/alternate quote reads 'Unto death', just btw.
    It's from A Song of Ice and Fire. The first book, A Game of Thrones, specifically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6MZvK02vX0

Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

Ah! I knew I'd heard that somewhere before. I love that show, but I haven't got around to reading the books.
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

Blog Entries

The books are quite good. They're very long, however. The first is the shortest by about 150 pages, and still clocks in at a whopping 807 pages.

Let's just say it'll make great material for an angsty romance novel should I ever write one.
    I don't know what I'll be like when I come out of this.

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gymleader Misty View Post
    I know what I confession is like xD I'm just afraid of you know, making it fail I've been waiting over a year to write this chapter and now that I finally reached it I have all planned out but I can't get myself to put it in words. I wanted to emphazise the emotion so I figured that since it's a special chapter I'll change the tense from third to first person.
    This is just an idea, but why not have him tell her the story of whatever event made him realize that he was in love. Without knowing the circumstances I can't tell you how exactly to put it into words, but that would be a start. Assuming it's Reggie we're talking about here, after a lead-in like that, he's probably more of the blunt confession type.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

So guys, I've decided that I'd really like to write that My Little Pony/Pokemon crossover I came up with awhile back and I'm going to include some original characters too. But I'm still lacking ideas on it! >_<

All I've got is that some evil force attacks both the Pokemon world and Equestria and Keldeo decides to go to the latter so he and the six main ponies, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Fluttershy, can work together to save both worlds. And that my original ponies, Chocolate Drop and Cotton Candy, will also have large roles.

I don't even know who the bad guy will be yet, I'm so lacking on details. xP

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

A fairly major announcement that you should all be aware of: AceTrainer14 is joining the WW staff!

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Yay! ::pulls party poppers
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Add Kelleo on Facebook

I thought the WW had enough mods? And I can't help but ask, why not me? I HAD applied during the staff drive and from what I was told, my application was very good. I'm not trying to complain here, I'm just wondering.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    I thought the WW had enough mods? And I can't help but ask, why not me? I HAD applied during the staff drive and from what I was told, my application was very good. I'm not trying to complain here, I'm just wondering.
    If we said in the past that the WW had enough mods, that may well have been the case at the time. The situation has changed a little, with several WW staff members needing to take prolonged and/or repeated temporary absences and some talk of long term resignation due to real life commitments. As such, we felt it would be helpful to hire an additional moderator to help out.

With regards to why not you... I really hope that you don't see this as some sort of personal insult because it certainly isn't, and that goes for everyone else who applied during the last Staff Drive (or indeed any before). We felt that AT14 was the most qualified out of the people available. This should be seen as a comparative choice rather than a hiring of every single user who we think would be capable of modship and a rejection of every user who would not be.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Gastly's Mama View Post
    If we said in the past that the WW had enough mods, that may well have been the case at the time. The situation has changed a little, with several WW staff members needing to take prolonged and/or repeated temporary absences and some talk of long term resignation due to real life commitments. As such, we felt it would be helpful to hire an additional moderator to help out.
    Alright. I can definitely understand this. Thanks for explaining.

With regards to why not you... I really hope that you don't see this as some sort of personal insult because it certainly isn't, and that goes for everyone else who applied during the last Staff Drive (or indeed any before). We felt that AT14 was the most qualified out of the people available. This should be seen as a comparative choice rather than a hiring of every single user who we think would be capable of modship and a rejection of every user who would not be.
    Good, I'm glad it isn't meant to be an insult, because I almost felt that way. Almost. I still had that little part of me that believed that staff members here wouldn't sink so low. But I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by "comparative choice."

And I apologize if I seem adamant about becoming a mod. It's just that after the treatment I received from the site I was banned from, I don't want to see other users, and even other mods, become victims of staff abusing their powers. And I figure the only way to do this is to become a mod myself. I don't care about having power or authority over others or being a mod just for the sake of it. I just want to help keep this wonderful site from degrading like my old site did. It used to be awesome, until idiot mods and staff who spammed/abused their powers were hired. And believe me, I've seen many members of the site agree with me on this and even fight against the mods who abused me.

Oh, and on a side note, I thought you might like to know that I've gained experience, as I've been moderating a group on Deviantart for some time, and it's hardly different from moderating a forum. We still have to discipline spammers and offensive members, hide spam and flaming (you can't delete messages/comments on DA), etc. So if the WW staff find themselves in need of more help again, feel free to give me a call. :)

Blog Entries

So, I'm thinking about naming my new Pokémon fic A Game of Champions.

Lately, I've been getting very excited for Black and White 2. I've been avoiding spoilers... for the most part... and I'm starting to get that feeling of a brand-new adventure coming around, despite it being set in the Unova region again.

I'm also pretty excited for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, and the newly-announced Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection.

Does anyone know how go about finding a beta? I'm looking for someone to look over my writing and help with the grammar and general errors...And then I realized I have no idea how to do that.
    Halp?
    Three Times the Isshu: A Nuzlocke Novelization of Pokemon Black and White by Rai Thunder
    Under One Sky - An Ask/RP blog for the characters of Three Times the Isshu and the unpublished fic Flying High(Diving Deep). Stop in, ask questions, get some answers.
    Review Exchange
    No matter what you do, I will be who I will be. The question is, who are you?

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by RaiThunder View Post
    Does anyone know how go about finding a beta? I'm looking for someone to look over my writing and help with the grammar and general errors...And then I realized I have no idea how to do that.
    Halp?
    fanfiction.net has a feature that let's you find one, but that's all I know. I met my co-author (similar to a beta reader, only they also add their own ideas to your story, if you so desire) by chance alone. He happened to see my fic's art on Deviantart and asked me to point him to my story. Then he offered his assistance.

Haven't been here in a while. How have you all been?

I've branched out into doing banners and opened my own shop, which you can reach through the snow flake in my sig (you'll see why it's a snow flake when you reach the thread ;]). Feel free to click le other links too :3

So besides that, been struggling to find motivation to write, the summer mood has really got me lazier than usual. Anyone got tips?