Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 13
Page 13 of 456 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

i've been wondering... are there certain songs or theme songs for your fics that describe maybe a chapter or even the whole story? i keep finding a lot of songs that match my story xD. just wondering if anybody has a certain theme song for their chapters or stories because i have a few for mine.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Yeah, I've selected a few Fire Emblem songs to go with my FE fic (though I've yet to post this story here). There are four. FE9's version of the FE theme is the overall theme, "Eternal Bond"/"Ike's Theme" from FE10 is, obviously, Ike's theme, "Beautiful Princess Elincia" from FE9 is Elincia's theme, and "Stalwarts Unite" from FE10 is the theme for when a character joins Azura's party (Azura is the lord character).

I also composed my own song for Kelli's theme in my Zelda fic. I'm not much of a music writer though. I did it for the sake of creating something original for once in terms of music. Oh, I also picked a theme for another Zelda OC, Judo. It's one of the Twilight Princess trailer songs.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

wow, that sounds interesting :o i'd like to compose a song for my story one day. xD. imo, lyrics for songs are like poems and i'm pretty good at poems which is why i can write songs sometimes.

but anyway, some theme songs for my story i guess?
    main theme song
    other theme song

:P

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I have a HUGE soundtrack for Magic of a Melody--Zelda and Fairy Tail make prominent appearances
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

No, Not Yet Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

A friend challenged me to write an "Inu x Boku Secret Service" and "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" crossover about Geoffrey becoming Ririchiyo's SS instead of Miketsukami.

Should I?

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

A sampling of "Magic of a Melody's" soundtrack:

A Promise to Unleash the Colors (the theme of the heroes)
    Out of the Ground, Raze All Greenery in Flame! (the battle theme, and one of the few times I cheat and allow electric guitars in the soundtrack)
    All is Well, I'm Here Dawn's theme in the story, the angelic mood of the song seemed to fit a cleric perfectly
    A Tale of Wonder Played whenever Brock is doing what he does best--spinning tales
    Dreaming of Adventure Ash's theme in the story--because a hero needs a good adventurous theme, and Ash has always dreamed of going on a grand adventure as the story begins
    The Mysterious Singer Played when we see Brock for the first time, this almost became his theme
    Carried on Heartstrings Brock's old theme, it's now used when he's thinking about Marista
    In a Time Long Ago Brock's theme, also used when he is performing
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I absolutely love music, and it plays a huge part in the writing of my stories. It's cool to listen to some of the tracks that inspire you guys. I've never composed my own song for a fic, though.

Pretty much all of the major events in Unpredictable are based off of songs, so I won't post all of them, but here are some basic character themes:

Keith's Theme - It's Not My Time
    Tim's Theme (at first) - No Rain
    Tim's Theme (by the end of the fic) - Dream On
    Criss's Theme - Black Balloon
    Nolan's Theme - Diamond Eyes

All of these songs make me think about the characters and their backstories. Also, this song is what is inspiring the current marathon of battle scenes I'm working on. I also draw a lot of inspiration from Audiomachine and Two Steps From Hell. Look them up if you want seriously epic songs.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Interesting! Hey Aetherx, do you like Fire Emblem? I'm just asking since Aether is a skill in the game. In fact, it's Ike's signature move and one of my favorite skills in the series.

Also, here are the tracks I used for my stories too:

FE fic:
    - FE Theme
    - "Eternal Bond"/"Ike's Theme"
    - "Beautiful Princess Elincia"
    - "Stalwarts Unite"
    - "Victory is Near" (Sorry, I forgot to mention this one. It's from FE9 and plays when you've just about won a battle early in the game)

Zelda fic:
    - TP trailer music
    - "Kelli's Theme"

Oh, and now that I think about it, I also composed another tune for my Zelda fic, though it's a short one, only an ocarina song Link learns. I never recorded it though.

I think having music with the fic is a great idea!
    Pika to the mofoing Chu!

Blog Entries
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

In regards to music, sometimes I've wondered if, with the introduction of eBooks, would it be possible for books to have actual soundtracks like films do. Say, a certain track will play and loop while a page or certain number of pages are being viewed.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not really sure what kind of music is suitable for my fic, as it is still in the early stages. But, one piece of music pops up in my mind when in comes to a future character in my fic. I'm not revealing it, though, for the sake of surprise for the readers.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    In regards to music, sometimes I've wondered if, with the introduction of eBooks, would it be possible for books to have actual soundtracks like films do. Say, a certain track will play and loop while a page or certain number of pages are being viewed.
    That sounds like an awesome idea since it'd help with the mood of the story, but it'd have to come with a mute option since at moments hearing the same song loop over and over and over again could get a little tiring if you're examining a certain page randomly, that and it could end up giving away spoilers if not done properly.

Lately I've been getting the urge to read an adventure fic where the characters journey around searching for treasure or artifacts and have to fight/solve puzzles, any recommendations?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosj2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    That sounds like an awesome idea since it'd help with the mood of the story, but it'd have to come with a mute option since at moments hearing the same song loop over and over and over again could get a little tiring if you're examining a certain page randomly, that and it could end up giving away spoilers if not done properly.
    I'd assume that there would be volume control options, to increase, decrease or mute entirely. Good point about spoilers though. Maybe if an internal camera could track the reader's eyes?

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosj2 View Post
    Lately I've been getting the urge to read an adventure fic where the characters journey around searching for treasure or artifacts and have to fight/solve puzzles, any recommendations?
    Ooh, my FE story, The Secret Sword is kinda like that. Ike and his band of mercenaries find a message left to Ike by his dead father, Greil, that tells them of clues hidden for Ike that will lead him to the hidden location of Greil's personal blade, Ettard. They then travel around to find these clues as well as the sword, which is technically a treasure since it's valuable and one of a kind. They also find that bandits are after the sword as well. This story one of my short stories that occurs between FE9 and FE10. It takes inspiration from the National Treasure movies.

If you haven't played FE9, you might not understand it as well as you would if you played the game, though.