Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 117

Page 117 of 402 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 6025
Like Tree761Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

  1. #1741
    Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    7,162
    Blog Entries
    168

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Whelp.

    Gradumication party was fun. We had cake and played Munchkin. I was about to win, but I got screwed over at the last minute and got dropped down to level 1 :'(
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

    Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

  2. #1742
    Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    798
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    "Yaaaaawn" sorry, I'm just being tired after being awake for 24 hours and sleeping only 4 hours in total. Yesterday was officially the last day in trade school, so we celebrated it by holding a LAN-party all the way through the night. Once this weekend is over, I'm going to begin reading for our upcoming exam, which is the 21 of June.
    Ugh, I need to sleep, but I can't fall asleep...

    Anyway, big congratulations to the awards winners in the Writer's Workshop :)
    Revolutionaryverse


    Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

    ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

  3. #1743
    Wordsmith unrepentantAuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    United Kingdom/Hoenn
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    I slept really badly last night (I love it when stomach issues decide to manifest at 5:30 am...), so I still feel a little out of it. That's partially why I'm so stunned that I actually managed to get nominated, let alone win (most of it has to do with plain old lack of ability to recognize any ability I might have, of course )
    I keep ending up awake past 2am so I'm consistently out of it, too. Nightmares about autocannibalism don't help.
    I know what consistently underestimating oneself is like, yeah. I'm getting therapy for it and am gradually accepting that I'm a complete boss. ;D

    Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    Obviously, uA was chosen because of his excellent lemons. I had a joke to make about the mods here, but I think it falls under "Inappropriate Content."
    Yes, my lemons are a masterful contribution to this community. You should make the joke. (I'm so curious; send me a PM if you must.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Woo! I love reviews it'll make me feel better that chapter 8 isn't getting as much attention as usual (then again, I'm an attention whore )

    *brohoof*

    Quote Originally Posted by Lugion View Post
    And, by the way, I graduated from high school today. So there's that.
    Congratulations - feel the freedom! Only twenty days left for me... my leavers' ceremony is on Jun 23.

  4. #1744
    It wasn't much! Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Why do you care
    Posts
    59,708
    Blog Entries
    151
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Whelp.

    Gradumication party was fun. We had cake and played Munchkin. I was about to win, but I got screwed over at the last minute and got dropped down to level 1 :'(

    Sorry I haven't caught up with the fic by the way.

  5. #1745
    Secret Sword of Justice Kelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,998
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Gradumication party was fun. We had cake and played Munchkin. I was about to win, but I got screwed over at the last minute and got dropped down to level 1 :'(
    lol I hate when that happens in games. In Mario Party games, you can get the same treatment. You'd be winning, but then some terrible luck drops you to last place. Already happened to me in Mario Party 9 once, actually, and I've only played the game twice. My skills earned me second place in my first game, and then I got first in my second game (lol). But the only reason I won is because I ended up getting all three sets of bonus Mini Stars. Skill is still as much a part of the game as luck is though. It's like a virtual board game that uses characters for game pieces. And lots of board games have luck involved.

  6. #1746
    Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    7,162
    Blog Entries
    168

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by unrepentantAuthor View Post
    I keep ending up awake past 2am so I'm consistently out of it, too. Nightmares about autocannibalism don't help.
    I know what consistently underestimating oneself is like, yeah. I'm getting therapy for it and am gradually accepting that I'm a complete boss. ;D
    Heh, I'm lucky if I'm even tired past 3. I blame you for that, by the way

    I think the only thing keeping me from strutting around here like a boss is that I'm worried about getting arrogant. If I constantly think everything I do sucks, then I'm more motivated to improve it and make it not suck, and it makes the surprise of getting recognition or good reviews that much sweeter. Yes, I know that logic makes absolutely no sense at all. *brohoof)

    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Haze View Post
    Sorry I haven't caught up with the fic by the way.
    No worries - if you're gonna read it, do it whenever you have time. I'm mostly just kidding around when I act like a drama queen about the inattention paid to my fic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    lol I hate when that happens in games. In Mario Party games, you can get the same treatment. You'd be winning, but then some terrible luck drops you to last place. Already happened to me in Mario Party 9 once, actually, and I've only played the game twice. My skills earned me second place in my first game, and then I got first in my second game (lol). But the only reason I won is because I ended up getting all three sets of bonus Mini Stars. Skill is still as much a part of the game as luck is though. It's like a virtual board game that uses characters for game pieces. And lots of board games have luck involved.
    Well, the entire point of Munchkin is to purposefully screw over everyone else, especially the people who are about to win, so it's not entirely luck
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

    Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

  7. #1747
    My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    My secret wonderland
    Posts
    30,793
    Blog Entries
    247
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Feli, I'll beat Haze up if you want me to. :P


    I actually considered doing a journey fic, so I'll have something to do until college classes start back. I just have the worst time trying to write the first few paragraphs in the story. I don't want it to be bland, but I don't want it to be over-the-top either. ^^;

  8. #1748
    Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    7,162
    Blog Entries
    168

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Nah, it's cool

    Oh, GaMa said you were the one who judged Teddy for the awards. I just wanted to say thanks
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

    Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

  9. #1749
    My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    My secret wonderland
    Posts
    30,793
    Blog Entries
    247
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Darn. I wanted to beat my boyfriend up for no reason at all. :P

    Oh, you're welcome. :) Teddy is one of my favorite characters in your fic.

  10. #1750
    Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    7,162
    Blog Entries
    168

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Well, if that's what you guys are into, then don't let me stop you

    :3 I'm really glad you like him.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

    Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

  11. #1751
    My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    My secret wonderland
    Posts
    30,793
    Blog Entries
    247
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    He lost to you, and it's my fault. XD It's hilarious, actually.

    Yup. I have a soft spot for the Cyndaquil line anyways. :P

  12. #1752
    Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    7,162
    Blog Entries
    168

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    xD Kind of. He can have it if he wants.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

    Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

  13. #1753
    My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    My secret wonderland
    Posts
    30,793
    Blog Entries
    247
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Nah, you earned it. :)

  14. #1754
    Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pokemon Stadium
    Posts
    5,600
    Blog Entries
    44

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Gradumication party was fun. We had cake and played Munchkin. I was about to win, but I got screwed over at the last minute and got dropped down to level 1 :'(
    lol I hate when that happens in games. In Mario Party games, you can get the same treatment. You'd be winning, but then some terrible luck drops you to last place. Already happened to me in Mario Party 9 once, actually, and I've only played the game twice. My skills earned me second place in my first game, and then I got first in my second game (lol). But the only reason I won is because I ended up getting all three sets of bonus Mini Stars. Skill is still as much a part of the game as luck is though. It's like a virtual board game that uses characters for game pieces. And lots of board games have luck involved.
    It's so frustrating when you lose in spectacular fashion in Mario Party--especially if you were doing well before.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

    SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

  15. #1755
    Secret Sword of Justice Kelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,998
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LightningTopaz View Post
    It's so frustrating when you lose in spectacular fashion in Mario Party--especially if you were doing well before.
    Yeah, I hear that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •