Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread - Page 110

Page 110 of 399 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 5983
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Very well. Good night, Feli. Have sweet dreams of this incredibly erotic scenario in which there are over one hundred manifestations of myself. |D

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

So what kind of things do you guys do to plan plots and stuff, like when you want to plan for your story what do you do to make it easier.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Well, I usually get inspiration from games I play or shows I watch. Like, some parts of my stories are inspired by my current favorite TV show, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.

@Stellar Haze; Listen to music. Read obsessively. Meditate.

Anyone else absurdly excited for the awards to be revealed~?

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Yeah, I am! I just want the awards to be over, really. xP

@Lugion; Yeah, F+M is amazing! Also, enjoy minecraft. It's extremely, extremely fun :D (and as Aether points out, time-demanding).

@Kelleo; Kiss From a Rose is amazing! Seal in general are amazing.

Also, guys, this. Pain of Salvation is amazing. That song has so meaningful lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by unrepentantAuthor View Post
    Sorry, Llama_Guy, but I already have a large harem of extremely intelligent Norwegian youths who share my taste in absolutely everything. Sexy ones, too. It's just who I am~
    :okay: But you have yet to see my extreme sexiness!
    And I'll be enjoying the lemon cotnest between you and @Feliciano;

You mentioned furry BDSM. I do... so... approve!

Also, I'm obviously not part of anyone's harem, since I'm not blond. But then again I have my own one, so if I was in one there'd be a harem within a harem. Uuh.

Quote Originally Posted by R0-S3 View Post
    The man loves Alestorm and steampunk. I'm beginning to think we were part of the same surreptitious cloning project.
    You mean the same surreptitious cloning project that begat the two of us? :U
    There's three of us? Damn, and here I thought I was unique.

Yes, let us take over Bulbagarden the world. But shh, these are secrets, we mustn't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Oh, @Llama_Guy; and @unrepentantAuthor; , you guys can shorten my name to just Feli if you want. Everyone else has been doing it for a really long time, and it's actually rather odd to hear you guys calling me Feliciano all the time ^_^;;; I know it's a little weird, and you don't have to if you don't want to, I was just letting you know you could.
    When not using the mention system, I'll consider doing so. Likewise you can call me Llama... just Llama *takes on overly cool sunglasses*

@Stellar Haze; I write an outline with major plot points. I then meditate on it, fill in some spaces. Then I sleep on it, fill in even more. Then I write more outlines, flowcharts if the story is a particularly complex one that even I have issues organizing in my head. Then I meditate some more, listen to some music, sleep some more, continue to plan. And then I write the stuff. overly simplified,. but that's how it works.

As for the awards... afaik there's a dead run in the best newb category >.>; That's about all I care for :P
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

The Symphony of Science; a tribute to the marvels of science and nature.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

@Llama_Guy; Does meditating actually work?

@Stellar Haze; It works for everything. You feel so good, especially after doing it a lot of times. The first few you might not get anything out of it, don't let that dishearten you.

Also, you don't have to sit in a lotus position or chant or anything like that. Just sit somewhere with no back rest, find a position that's comfy for you, in a place that's comfy, and clsoe your eyes. Focus on yoru breathing, for that clears your mind of everything else. Focus, focus, focus. It might be too strenuous the first few times to feel like you get anything out of it, but soon you get used to it and fall into this awesome state, almost like when you're trying to sleep and you get so many creative ideas and stuff, because your head is "empty". It works for dealing with issues during the day, getting over tough emotions, trauma, anything. Just do it at daytime, during the evening/night your psyche makes dealign with emotions much harder >.<

So yes, it works, extremely well. If you can clear your mind of other things, you're able to tap into tons of potential brain capacity and creativity that you couldn't otherwise, because your head is usually filled with so many thoughts and things and emotions.
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Guy View Post
    Also, guys, this. Pain of Salvation is amazing. That song has so meaningful lyrics.
    I like it~ Thanks for the link.

Sorry, Llama_Guy, but I already have a large harem of extremely intelligent Norwegian youths who share my taste in absolutely everything. Sexy ones, too. It's just who I am~
    :okay: But you have yet to see my extreme sexiness!

You mentioned furry BDSM. I do... so... approve!

Also, I'm obviously not part of anyone's harem, since I'm not blond. But then again I have my own one, so if I was in one there'd be a harem within a harem. Uuh.
    Ohohoho~ Obviously I would inherit your harem and subject everyone in it to the kinkiest bdsm. And then write lemons about it.

Quote Originally Posted by R0-S3 View Post
    The man loves Alestorm and steampunk. I'm beginning to think we were part of the same surreptitious cloning project.
    You mean the same surreptitious cloning project that begat the two of us? :U
    There's three of us? Damn, and here I thought I was unique.

Yes, let us take over Bulbagarden the world. But shh, these are secrets, we mustn't tell anyone!
    What you haven't realised is that my plan for global rule is already underway. A figurehead has been chosen, who shall be my puppet. Rose is my 2IC. We are just a handful of a global network of neurologically related semi-clones, whose genes have been optimised for perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Haze View Post
    @Llama_Guy; Does meditating actually work?
    Not everyone has the right mind for it. Works for me and Llama. you have to be a badass genius

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

@Llama_Guy; Doesn't having no back rest kind of get rid of the idea of comfy xD then you're just hunched over.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

@Kelleo; Kiss From a Rose is amazing! Seal in general are amazing.
    Heh, I see.

I wrote a lemon once, for practice. Well, sort of. I was doing it to see if I could write one without being too explicit for my tastes. You know, write it without adding too many details. Basically, I had wrote that Bryan and Faline "explored each other to the greatest extent" and had Faline say a bit later "it's supposed to hurt the first time." Little hints that sex had occurred. Bryan and Faline are one of the pairings in my Fire Emblem fic, and I intend for them to have kids after they get married, so yeah.

My co-author helped me improve that lemon...a lot. In fact, he practically rewrote it, lol. I don't mind, I'm not actually sure if I'll ever put it in a story. Plus, he's an excellent writer, and he did write one lemon of his own, that I know of. He's not particularly into that stuff, just like I'm not. But as always, it was amazingly well written.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

I've wrote a couple of lemons before, but I don't really like what I wrote xD

What you haven't realised is that my plan for global rule is already underway. A figurehead has been chosen, who shall be my puppet. Rose is my 2IC. We are just a handful of a global network of neurologically related semi-clones, whose genes have been optimised for perfection.
    I know all of this, I am simply trying not to spill all the beans, here!

And true, not everyone's up for meditation. But it's worth a shot. And @Stellar Haze; try and sit with a straight back, it's not that bad. Generally the most comfortable position for this is the cross-legged one, but it varies slightly for some people. The whole idea is to find a sitting position that gives you a sense of balance, without anything to support you. I find it so comfy I generally sit cross-legged in chairs and such - the feeling of sitting balanced is quite nice indeed.
    @Kelleo; Hmm. There'll be some non-explicit sex in my WIP fic, but nothing major.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Haze View Post
    @Llama_Guy; Doesn't having no back rest kind of get rid of the idea of comfy xD then you're just hunched over.
    No? Just keep your back straight. I'm sure you aren't hunched over all the time you don't have something to lean against.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    I wrote a lemon once, for practice. Well, sort of. I was doing it to see if I could write one without being too explicit for my tastes. You know, write it without adding too many details. Basically, I had wrote that Bryan and Faline "explored each other to the greatest extent" and had Faline say a bit later "it's supposed to hurt the first time." Little hints that sex had occurred. Bryan and Faline are one of the pairings in my Fire Emblem fic, and I intend for them to have kids after they get married, so yeah.

My co-author helped me improve that lemon...a lot. In fact, he practically rewrote it, lol. I don't mind, I'm not actually sure if I'll ever put it in a story. Plus, he's an excellent writer, and he did write one lemon of his own, that I know of. He's not particularly into that stuff, just like I'm not. But as always, it was amazingly well written.
    That's not really lemon, that's more what you'd call 'kiwi,' if I have my facts right. Kiwi is implied sex, whereas lemon is by definition explicitly described. Note that this terminology is highly idiosyncratic and in no way universal. What is ubiquitous is that lemons are inherently 'descriptive'.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

i tried writing a lemon once. i failed immensely and gave up xD. i can get sexual in my stories, it's not a problem, i'm just not good at putting it in a lot of detail.