Like Tree761Likes

Thread: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread

...What irony?
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

I do believe it lay within 'Thank god for having a rational mind'.
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

"Thank god for having a rational mind"

Because spirituality and rationality doesn't mix. According to stereotypes anyway. And save me any rants, I know they aren't automatically sworn enemies.
    "People like you and me overcame the Neanderthals. People like you and me overcame the Ice Age"

"You can hold [the brain] in the palm of your hands - and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space"

"Along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves"

The Symphony of Science; a tribute to the marvels of science and nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Guy View Post
    "Thank god for having a rational mind"

Because spirituality and rationality doesn't mix. According to stereotypes anyway. And save me any rants, I know they aren't automatically sworn enemies.
    Most people will find that offensive. Actually most people find stereotypes in general to be offensive, especially when their are personal.
    Anyway that is one sentence so I saved you the rants. But I didn't find it at all ironic, which is also probably why Feliciano asked.

COMING SOON!

Blog Entries

All right, easy on, guys. Llama_Guy and I happened to find it ironic, but not everyone did, and that's fine. Sai, I should think it should be quite clear that Llama_Guy didn't mean to offend anyone with that statement, so just chill out a little bit. Let's change the subject before it devolves into a fascinating, yet tangential, theological debate.

To what extent does writing take preference over work for you guys? I should probably be doing German right now, but I'm writing.

'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Misheard Whisper View Post
    To what extent does writing take preference over work for you guys? I should probably be doing German right now, but I'm writing.
    Well, mostly everything takes preference over writing, though I try to leave pleasure aside and get something written. And if you should be doing German then why aren't you, unless you write for pleasure and are taking a break.

COMING SOON!

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I'm always most inspired to write late at night the day before a big project is due. Unfortunately, grades force me to contain my base urges. I'd rather be writing right now, but instead I'm doing calculus. And by doing calculus I mean I'm supposed to be doing calculus but I'm on here instead. Why is it that my increasingly poor attention span and procrastination not only keep me from what I should be doing, but also from what I want to do?

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Eh, even if I had a rant for that topic (instead of simply finding no irony in it whatsoever), I'm in no mood for rants tonight. My boyfriend's computer broke, so I didn't get to talk to him today beyond about five minutes on the phone

Unfortunately, my position right now with school requires that writing for work takes precedence over writing for pleasure. Being able to graduate is a huge deal for me, but the workload necessary for me to do so means that things like my fic or my larger story have to get shunted aside.

"He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sai View Post
    Well, mostly everything takes preference over writing, though I try to leave pleasure aside and get something written. And if you should be doing German then why aren't you, unless you write for pleasure and are taking a break.
    When I say 'I should be doing German', I mean 'I should be doing German'. Hence the question.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Eh, even if I had a rant for that topic (instead of simply finding no irony in it whatsoever), I'm in no mood for rants tonight. My boyfriend's computer broke, so I didn't get to talk to him today beyond about five minutes on the phone
    Hey, at least you have a boyfriend. I'm all alone and have been since my ex and I broke up last year. And I hate it. Because every other person I meet seems to have someone. All my female cousins, aside from the four year old for obvious reasons, has a boyfriend/is married/is getting married as far as I know. Every guy I end up liking already has a girlfriend too (well, except for the guy I actually like now, and he knows I really like him, but he has yet to return those feelings. He lives in the same area as you too)...

You don't know how hard it's been hurting. I feel like other people's relationships are being thrown in my face while I'm...lonely. I had to refuse to go to my cousin's upcoming wedding because of this. I would only feel more miserable if I went. And besides that, if I attend a female relative's wedding, I'd like to be a bridesmaid. But I can't do that without an accompanying groomsman, and I'm right back where I started.

I admit, I'm jealous and I long for a man to love me again. But I'm not literally searching for someone, so don't anyone think about trying anything. xP

Blog Entries

Personally, I just find relationships a nonentity. That is, I'm really not concerned about whether or not I have one. Being single doesn't make me any less of a person, and I don't see why anyone would make such a big deal out of it.

It's not like I totally don't care about the opposite sex; there is a girl I like, but I'm just not bothered about the social stigma of not being in a relationship, and nor do I feel negatively affected by it. To be frank, I can't at all understand why people make a deal out of it.

Blog Entries

Woah woah woah - isn't it going a bit far to accuse me of not knowing what it feels like to be single and miserable because everyone around you has someone special in their lives just because I have a boyfriend? I know exactly how awful that feels, and that's why I go out of my way to not rub it in people's faces. Trust me, I know how much it hurts wanting someone to think you're special, to always be there for you and be able to say they love you every day and always mean it. I know how hopeless that can feel. So don't even go there - what's going to happen is going to happen, but it won't happen any faster if you get all bent out of shape over it, and that's something I had to learn the hard way. When I stopped caring about being in a relationship and started to care about who the person I'd be in a relationship with was, that's when I got into one.

The only reason I said anything tonight is because my boyfriend lives a couple states away. The time I get to spend with him on Skype is limited enough as it is, with both of us going to school and him working full-time on top of it. I miss him, and I'm lonely tonight too. So I really, really am not in the mood to argue, rant, or otherwise get in a disagreement with anyone right now.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Personally, I just find relationships a nonentity. That is, I'm really not concerned about whether or not I have one. Being single doesn't make me any less of a person, and I don't see why anyone would make such a big deal out of it.

It's not like I totally don't care about the opposite sex; there is a girl I like, but I'm just not bothered about the social stigma of not being in a relationship, and nor do I feel negatively affected by it. To be frank, I can't at all understand why people make a deal out of it.
    Really? Being loved by someone outside of your family is a really great thing. I'll admit that some people might make TOO big of a deal out of it, but still. When you're truly loved by that special someone, you're never alone and you always have someone to comfort you and someone to think about, even if you're having family issues. You also have someone to talk to when your family just wouldn't understand what's going on.

Lastly, you have someone to (possibly) spend your life with if you get married. I'd love that. I wouldn't want to live by myself. I got lonely after awhile just living in a college dorm, for crying out loud.

And when you're like me and surrounded by a bunch of couples while you're all alone...you're going to feel quite left out and jealous.

@Feliciano;: Wait, what? Where did I ever accuse you of not knowing what it's like to be single? I never intended to offend you, only tell you how lucky you are that someone loves you. Sorry...

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Speaking from experience, being in a good relationship is actually pretty sweet. To have someone you can spend time with that doesn't have any expectations of you or judge you in any way is great (I won't go into the... physical side of things), not to mention that merely being in their presence makes you high on life. I can see where you're coming from, Kelleo, as I know how you feel. My ex and I broke up a few months ago, and all the girls I know and enjoy being around all are taken. For that reason, I skipped senior prom. But you know what my other single friends and I did instead? We saw the Avengers, went indoor skydiving, and had an all night LAN party. Having a significant other is cool, but it takes up a lot of time and if you're like me, you're constantly worrying (there are lots of things to worry about when you have a girlfriend with as many problems as mine did). I was pretty depressed from about December to March (yes, even while I was dating), but then I realized that life's too short to worry about problems that you can't solve.

This wasn't directed at anyone in particular, it's just kind of on topic and I felt like sharing it.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    Speaking from experience, being in a good relationship is actually pretty sweet. To have someone you can spend time with that doesn't have any expectations of you or judge you in any way is great (I won't go into the... physical side of things), not to mention that merely being in their presence makes you high on life. I can see where you're coming from, Kelleo, as I know how you feel. My ex and I broke up a few months ago, and all the girls I know and enjoy being around all are taken. For that reason, I skipped senior prom. But you know what my other single friends and I did instead? We saw the Avengers, went indoor skydiving, and had an all night LAN party. Having a significant other is cool, but it takes up a lot of time and if you're like me, you're constantly worrying (there are lots of things to worry about when you have a girlfriend with as many problems as mine did). I was pretty depressed from about December to March (yes, even while I was dating), but then I realized that life's too short to worry about problems that you can't solve.

This wasn't directed at anyone in particular, it's just kind of on topic and I felt like sharing it.
    That sounds awesome. It's only too bad that most of my friends are in relationships and are only known through the internet. I honestly wish I had more irl friends, but I can't get out much until I get my damned driver's license and a job.

If that new Petsmart that's opening soon doesn't hire me... Ugh...