Would anyone read "Puella Magi Pokémon Magica"?

Thread: Would anyone read "Puella Magi Pokémon Magica"?

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Would anyone read "Puella Magi Pokémon Magica"?

The title probably says it all, but I might as well explain it.

Readers of Pokémon Bright World might be noticing that the series is pushing towards the end. I wouldn't say we're right in the face of the end, but we are definitely in the second half of the series. I had original planned for it to last 12 chapters long, but I've come to the decision to increase that as opposed to rushing the story, so when it will end will now depend on how the story progresses. However, I am already in the process of thinking of what I will be doing next and an idea has came to mind: The tentatively titled Puella Magi Pokémon Magica.

As the name suggests, it is essentially a crossover between the Pokémon franchise and the critically acclaimed anime series Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I'm not at the stage yet where I can divulge any plot details, except that I had originally thought of merely following Madoka Magica's story with a Pokémon spin, but dismissed that idea as being too boring to write. So instead of it being a Pokémon story with Madoka elements or a Madoka story with Pokémon elements, I am looking to write a fanfic that blends the two franchises together.

However, before I start this ambitious project, I was wondering if there is demand for it? This is an idea I have had at the back of my mind for a while now, but obviously writing takes up a fair bit of time and commitment and as I have had doubts about the readership of Pokémon Bright World, I thought it would be best to check here first.

Default Re: Would anyone read "Puella Magi Pokémon Magica"?

Is there ever a demand for more fanfics?

I think doing it because you enjoy writing is probably the best reason. At least a few members will peruse it if you post it.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I've watch Puella Magi Madoka, it's a good anime and has some nice depth, emotion, and plot to it, it's a bit horrifying as well. I wouldn't mind reading an adaptation of it, if the job can be done justice.

Blog Entries

Guess demand was the wrong word, I mean, will people read it? xD

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Yes, I'd give it a read. ^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    I've watch Puella Magi Madoka, it's a good anime and has some nice depth, emotion, and plot to it, it's a bit horrifying as well. I wouldn't mind reading an adaptation of it, if the job can be done justice.
    Well, at this stage I'm thinking of not making it the Madoka Magica series with Pokémon shoehorned in. Rather, I will be taking the core elements from the original series, such as some of the overlying themes and the whole Magical Girl thing and blending it with some of the Pokémon mythos. Sort of like how the manga spin-off title Puella Magi Kazumi Magica: The innocent malice has the same concept, but a different cast.

If anything, the decision is because I don't see how I could continue Madoka's story (goodness knows how SHAFT are going to in the last movie) - and I wouldn't want to either.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

So, a girl makes a wish that Pokémon begin existing?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    So, a girl makes a wish that Pokémon begin existing?
    That's not what I have in mind =3. Considering the wishes seen in the main Madoka series (Sayaka wishing for Kyosuke's hand to heal, Kyoko wishing for people to listen to her dad, Mami wishing to live and the more spoilerful wishes), I feel such a selfish wish wouldn't be doing Madoka Magica justice.

Here's the kind of "blurb" I've written that should outline the basics of the story:

Amani Mira is a shy, introverted young girl in her first year of sixth form college. Unlike other girls who are more interested in “reality” TV shows like ‘The X-Factor’ and ‘The Only Way is Essex’, Amani’s escapism comes from her love of the ‘Pokémon’ series of video games. Due to her love of the games, she has been almost completely rejected by her peers, except for her close friend Jordyn Gilda. As a result of simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time, the two girls find themselves trapped in a “ward” - a strange, twisted dimension created by “witches”. Normally, they would have no way of escaping and would have died there, but they are rescued by a young girl and her Jolteon - a creature from the “Pokémon” series Amani loves so much. Shortly after that frightening event, she encounters another familiar creature - a silver Eevee, who will grant Amani any wish she wants, on the condition that she form a contract with it, thus turning her into a “Pokémon Trainer”, whose duty is to defeat witches.
    (NOTE: A "Pokémon Trainer" is not what we would assume it is. It basically means "Magical Girl").
    Last edited by Joshawott; 3rd June 2012 at 04:45 PM.

I would certainly read it - or at least check it out - but you should only write if it's what you want.
    Three Times the Isshu: A Nuzlocke Novelization of Pokemon Black and White by Rai Thunder
    Under One Sky - An Ask/RP blog for the characters of Three Times the Isshu and the unpublished fic Flying High(Diving Deep). Stop in, ask questions, get some answers.
    Review Exchange
    No matter what you do, I will be who I will be. The question is, who are you?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RaiThunder View Post
    I would certainly read it - or at least check it out - but you should only write if it's what you want.
    Well yeah, I would want to write it - but I'd also want people to read it xD. I've got some really interesting ideas in mind for it.

Sounds pretty cool to me. ^^ Sorry about that, it just sounded as if you were considering writing it to fulfill a gap in the crossover fandom or something.
    Three Times the Isshu: A Nuzlocke Novelization of Pokemon Black and White by Rai Thunder
    Under One Sky - An Ask/RP blog for the characters of Three Times the Isshu and the unpublished fic Flying High(Diving Deep). Stop in, ask questions, get some answers.
    Review Exchange
    No matter what you do, I will be who I will be. The question is, who are you?