What are your oc's and how did you come up with them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your oc's and how did you come up with them?

Thumbs up What are your oc's and how did you come up with them?

It doesn't matter if its a Trainer or a Pokemon Any Oc that you've created. describe your oc and how you came up with it/them

Default Re: What are your oc's and how did you come up with them?

I've got quite a few actually, from my Jim trilogy.

I based Jim off of Hilbert, originally, but later on decided to only keep Hilbert's friendship with Cheren and Bianca constant about the character. He's 16 when the story begin, loyal, humble, and shares N's ability to communicate with Pokemon.

His traveling companion, Leanne, shares similarities with my actual girlfriend. Both are upbeat and friendly, and know how to lift their friends' spirits.

I have a lot of Pokemon characters in the story, but the two that are the most prevalent are June and Oshawott.

June is Jim's Snivy. She's calm, wise, has a rather dry sense of humor, but still possesses a good heart and maternal instinct.

Oshawott is Leanne's partner. He's bold, charismatic, and eloquent. Jim even describes him as something out of Shakespeare.

Y Rotation Team

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've realized that a lot of my best characters are usually based off of myself (or a character similar to myself). Like when I was 11, I made up a Pokemon OC called Lilith. She was passive-aggressive, hot-headed, but really misunderstood, because that's kind of how I felt as an 11 year old. All my teachers said I was being passive-aggressive, I didn't have any friends, but I also felt pretty misunderstood. I made her up when listening to either a Linkin Park or Rise Against song while I was trying to think of a kind of character you don't see often in the fandom.

Skip two years ahead (made it past my really early angsty phase), and I have a Sonic OC named River, who I think is the best OC I have ever made so far. She's not exactly a persona, but she does have some of my personality traits, my interests, and my fears. But I also gave her some traits that are opposite of mine, like having Achluophobia, being more outgoing, having her favorite food be something I would never eat on a daily basis, etc. I made her up when I was running out of original badass ideas, and I thought "instead of making them overly badass and god-like, why not just have them act and be casual?"
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Oh, I've got dozens of OCs. Literally. Most of them are for my Fire Emblem stories. I'll just talk about the most important ones though. From Fire Emblem, they would be Azura, Bryan, and Leyon, the main characters of my fic FE: Dawn of Darkness. All three have some part of my soul poured into them.

Azura is my tougher side. The side that wants to stand up for herself and show that she's not a weak little girl just because of what she looks like or because she's a girl. Like me, Azura believes that women are equal to men and can do many things just as well as they can. And that they can be strong. She's also the side of me that hates most bugs. xP

Bryan is my more sensitive side. I was bullied most of my childhood and so was he. He also looks a bit young just like I do. He's also the side of me that just wants to be liked and appreciated by plenty of others.

Leyon doesn't quite have as much of my soul poured into him as the other two do, but he's my pairing nut side. He's a real cupid that likes trying to get people together. lol And of course, he's the side of me that longs for a close relationship with a special someone.

My most important OCs from The Legend of Zelda are Kelli and Judo. Kelli is Link's partner in my current fic The Legend of Zelda: The Ancient Power. She's got both some of my toughness and some of my sensitivity. She's a warrior through and through that has excellent sword skills, but she's very worried and breaks down into tears over how her best friend, Judo, has been missing.

Judo himself hasn't appeared yet, but he will in the sequel and he'll be quite important. I've also foreshadowed that he's Kelli's love interest.

That Zoroark is a Spy! Silver06's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Silver06's Youtube Channel

In my fics, 98-99% of my characters are OCs (And considering the fact that the fic I'm working on now is split up into 4 stories and 2 side fics, that means I have LOTS of characters...), this is because I don't like using Canon Characters, due to the fact that they tend to be static and hard to be flexible with. You have to stick with their personalities and traits 24/7, and if you don't, you derail their character and ruin them, leading to a bad fic. OCs are more flexible and you can make them change and adapt to suit your needs. But more on topic; When I make an OC, I basically do this;
    *Take a few characters from various sources
    *Separate a few traits and features I like
    *Put them onto my new character, give them a fitting name and create a mental backstory for them.

An example of this would be my main character, Lucas, from the first book of my trilogy. I first took some characters I liked: Roxas and Sora from KH, Edward Elric from FMA, Sonic and the PC from PMD:Explorers. I then singled out some aspects from each of them I thought would be good: Sora's personality, Roxas's looks, Edward's Genius, Sonic's boldness and the PC's musing inner thought process. Once I did, I put them together and gave him a name: Lucas, which I chose not only for it's meaning but also because it was the name of the Male protagonist of both Daimond, my first Pokemon game, and also Mother 3, one of my favorite GBA games.

When I'm making a name, I like to use puns and wordplay to give a representation of how that character is. For Lucas's partner in the PMD books, Red, I gave him the full name "Aiden Bellows", both of which are puns, as Aiden means fire, and Bellows refers to the tool used to fan the flames in a forge. For one of the human characters, I gave them the name Kai, which can mean sea or ocean in Japanese, this is because he is a Water-type trainer.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

Icira Witherflame (Pokémon, The Elder Scrolls)

Colin Sonan (Pokémon)

Pop/Rock Band "Eye Candy"—Joanie Aimes, Collie Calloway, Annie Jameson and Bella Austin (Pokémon)

Willis ra Teremolve/Wilkinson "Will" Xalrons, Jr. (RuneScape, The Elder Scrolls, Pokémon)

Kr'ohr gro-Lestim/Mark Mitchell (The Elder Scrolls, Pokémon)
    Last edited by Glitchipedia; 6th October 2013 at 10:30 PM.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

i honestly dont even remember how i came up with taylor duncan i just

one day i was sitting in my room and then i was like "what would be a good name for a guy thats really fuckin gullible and hes so gullible that he makes a deal with the devil thinking he speaks the truth" and then i came up with that name and that folks is how my whole writing career went downhill.

as for my wolf characters they were all based on people i knew in real life and certain personalities i saw that struck my fancy.

I have a lot of OCs. I don't do anything with them other than make up stories about them when playing games or planning fics I'll never write. I just try to think of realistic personalities. They're not like me at all for the most part. The OC of the fic I want to write at some point for example, she really different from me and I doubt we'd have much in common in person. I'm much more like her (also an OC) best friend.

The spirit of all absols The absolis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The absolis on Tumblr

My ocs hmmm. Well, a lot of my characters I come up with on the spot. But there are a few that are quite developed.

Right now I have three main ocs silver, north and blade.

North is based almost entirely on me although his current iteration is the result of a split and the coming of Gen five. He is a Dewott right now but before Gen five he was a grovyle. I came up with north because I wanted to write a Pokemon fan fiction. I was unsure of what I should do so I wrote about myself and chose what was at the time my favorite Pokemon. Now north is a dewott. Absol is.my.favorite Pokemon but I have always seen absolis as more feminine Pokemon. Which brings me to...

Silver. Silver is my absol character. Absols are my favorite Pokemon and I decided I needed an absol character. Enter silver. Silver was also a result of my need for a female character and a main character that was not based on me. Silver turned out to be the best candidate for it as absolis are while misunderstood are good hearted Pokemon trying to help people through their ability of being able to sense disasters so silver being a good hearted Pokemon turned out to be very good for the hero.

My third main character is blade. Blade is the result of my changing interests and a need of a villain. Blade is probably my most developed character and also my most disturbing character. He is the result of every dark thought that has ever crossed a human mind, every feeling of hatred felt through the ages, all of the greed and all of the destruction. He is the physical embodiment of evil. If thereis anything evil you can think of then he has done it. his personality draws from sources like Moriarty and other cold calculating villains. He is especially dangerous due to his lack of anger. He is always calm and can seem even friendly at times but behind everything he is plotting your death. This is what makes him the perfect villain. He does not draw out the deaths of his victims but instead ends it quickly. He believes that the longer it takes his victims lives to end the better the chance that he will be caught. This is what makes him the perfect villain. Incompetence.is not in his dictionary, room for error is non existent, and his capacity of evil knows no bounds. He is the dark side of me, the perfectionest, and the evil. His inspiration is all that is evil.

banner stolen from tumblr. Yes, I cheated and didn't make it myself.

One lost to time boondockArtist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow boondockArtist on Tumblr

Okay, so like I have a whole buttload of original characters for all kinds of crap, whether it be a comic, a story, a small project or a roleplay.

I create these characters on a whim like, "Oh, this sounds like a good idea for a character" and then bam it happens.

For example some of my characters:
    The Puppeteer (some OFF fancomic thing I'm planning)

Amitola Johnson//Tyrone McGaffi//Bobbert Birch(from my Nuzlocke-verse/multiverse, specifically a Sapphire Nuzlocke and a Sierra (a hack) Nuzlocke):

Derrick Blakeson//Bianca "Belle" Lauren//Cheren Icah//Nathaniel "N" "Harmonia" (from the same Nuzlocke-verse as Ami and many other characters, specifically from a Black-Black2 prequelsequellocke):

Several Harpy characters of mine (original works, as well as Homestuck):

Several Fantrolls and Fanhumans (Homestuck and several role-plays relating):

And probably a lot more characters but ain't no one got time for me to keep rambling about them so I'll stop here uvu;

"Hello Goodbye, Twas nice to know you
    "Hello Goodbye, I'm rather crazy
    How I find myself without you
    And I never thought I was crazy
    That I'll never know
    But what do I know?
    I let myself go"
    Now you have to go"

Boony's Bad Art Thread-"Come in for free eye band-aids today!"

I'm currently writing a pokemon fanfic and I'm only using OCs. It's sort of a personal rule of mine. They're also all pokemon. No humans in this world. And most of my main characters are eeveelutions, for some reason. That wasn't even deilberate. So, uh, I suppose I'd better talk about a couple of them.

My main character, Eclipse, is a female umbreon who works as a treasure hunter. She's quiet, introverted and lonely, and generally keeps to herself. And then she's also cynical and sarcastic. And very self-critical. All things which are true of myself. Except I'm not an umbreon. Or female. But, yeah, I think I served my purpose as a baseplate for her personality. I then developed and edited it quite a bit to make her interesting, let people empathise with her and make her work for the story, so she's notably distinct from me now. And I think (ie, hope) it worked. She seems rather cute to me, which counts for something, I guess.

Another major character is Maelstrom, a vaporeon. He's a friend of Eclipse's through most of the story, so I designed his personality to work well in combination with hers, at least to an extent. He's rather helpful, supportive and loyal, partly because Eclipse needed someone with these traits and partly because I thought they suited the sort of person I wanted to create anyway. He's also calmer and less emotional than her, though he's not cold by any stretch of the imagination, even if he does talk in a rather matter-of-fact way. Eclipse needed to have a friend throughout the story, so I designed Maelstrom as a very good supportive character for her. But he still has his own little quirks, like his rather mischievous streak. Which is just there for comedy purposes. Oh and he's also a ritualist. He summons and controls various ghosts and things, so he's a bit creepy in that sense. But it was important for the story.

Then, my villain is a leafeon named Torovale. Sorry, that's Lord Torovale, as he insists on being called. He takes inspiration from a number of villains I liked. I won't go into details. He's very flamboyant, and speaks very eloquently, though he has a tendency to laugh quietly to himself while speaking. Interestingly for a villain, he dislikes violence, viewing it as a crude method of exerting authority over another. He prefers to maintain calm and collected, and find his own cunning ways around a problem. And he has a virtually permanent smirk engraved on his face. I basically just wanted to write a really entertaining villain, and I hope I've done a good job with Torovale. Lord Torovale, sorry.

Other than them, a lot of my characters take most of their inspiration from their species of pokemon. The king is a serperior, for example, and he's also very cold because snakes are cold blooded. I could go a lot deeper than that, but I imagine my point is absolutely clear,so there's not much need to. Plus, I imagine I've been rambling for quite long enough. Adios!
    Last edited by Lord Kyuubi; 27th February 2014 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Fixing a few errors.

Blog Entries

My OCs right now are twins named Lily and Amy, who are part Espeon and Umbreon respectively. They're twins, but because of their differing DNA they have different personalities and hair and eye color.

They were inspired by me and my brother. I'm Lily. My brother doesn't know he's Amy and I don't intend to tell him.

And yes, their names came from Leela and Amy on Futurama.
    URPG Floaroma Gym Leader!

I'm writing a story set in an alternate universe with the Trio seeing what life would be like if they had taken a different path. I'm having a problem with deciding what to do with Jessie... Anyway I made an OC to marry James since he wouldn't be engaged to Jessibelle.

Her name is between Maribelle or Isabelle. She has dark green hair, a little pudgy, and generally a damsel and distress type compared to Jessibelle.
    I'm a James fan! I love shipping and the Pokemon anime

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I have a lot but a few that are the main characters of my story:

Jackie Anima: He actually came to me in a dream, albeit not in a pokemon one, but still. He came to me as an adventurer, and the name just came to mind while I was awake. I think he slightly was influenced by Jack Walker.

Midori Koutetsuban: She is actually based off the heroine in Pokemon Conquest, and I literally named my character Midori in my game.

Julian Akatsuki: I have no idea where he came from. I literally can't remember. However I know that he's been in creation for a long time and has become more complex as time as gone on.

Robin Morgan: His appearance comes from a possible avatar appearance in FE: Awakening. I think I created him by just wanting to make a cheerful laid back character that is sickly, but he actually has become more complicated since then. Also the fact that I wanted to create an artist.

Rafe Seraph: I had an idea with vampires and angels and he was originally a side character that pretty much stood there stoic and the perfect warrior. Ironic that he has become a favorite oc since then and changed so much to have a complicated history and personality.

Kaori Revoluto/Ballista/Bazukai: One of my first ocs. He was originally created as a Naruto character, the son of Hana and Itachi to be exact, and his now sister was his cousin, daughter of Kiba.Since then he has become a favorite of mine due to be an already complicated character upon creation. One of my favorite creations.

Kuro Wolf: Created for a vampire-werewolf idea I had, along with Sicilia, however Kuro is used more and loved more. He is so sadistic and carefree yet a sad history that I've come to adore his character and find the way he acts to be just fun to write.

Ace Phoenix: Another recent creation. He was created as a human form of a Phoenix, after a character I have for a future story I hope will become a book one day. He gained a personality different from his phoenix form and a very interesting history that is very unique to his character out of all of my ocs.

Junine Ikadoshi: My first and favorite oc. Created for Naruto specifically to ship with Kakashi, she has changed so much since my first creation of her. From her appearance, to personality. The only constant with her is what happened to her family, and her brother Hakudoshi.

For oc Pokemon the only ones that really have been thought out to an extent is

Emerald: Junine's snivy. Created well for a reason I forgot. Originally Junine was paired with a charmander though as she changed, she needed a change in pokemon and when I liked snivy, it became the perfect partner due to its reptilian appearance that wasn't like the other grass types.

Blog Entries

Not putting down names, but the characters in my story are based off my personality. Over the years I gave them a name, a face and I'm trying to differentiate them through the world I put them in. The main antagonist is based off my Fear. Close to Fear is followed closely by Complacency. These two alone cannot get anywhere unless pushed by either Hope or Deceit, both of which offer "something better" in the future. It isn't until Togetherness and Pride make the scene that Hope gets a foothold over Deceit, but Deceit has agents of its own in the form of Loneliness who seeks to consume Fear.
    IGN: Jraken
    FC: 4227-2083-0655
    Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

RP Story: World Without Legends (ongoing)
    PS- I hope you like nightmares. >}
    Story Registry: Signups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast